Stop wasting your time and create Jow Forumsbrowser

STOP BEING AN IDIOT AND CREATE A BROWSER FOR Jow Forums ALL FREE

it's just a suggestion, unless you prefer to use Opensolaris + BRAVE

Attached: ggggg.png (1148x574, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

netrunner.cc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

do it yourself faggot

We should get the faggot jannies to do it since they love doing things for free anyway. Sucking black dicks included.

I mean we could use gtk and make a dom parser that then uses cairo to draw onto a drawwidget.

hello, idea Jow Forumsuy

welp, since you wrote the design docs, i'll make the logo

>what is surf

Jow Forums made this years ago retard.
netrunner.cc/

>what is suckmore

I'll make the logo

/thread

OP, you need to know something. The people on Jow Forums are just hobbiests, not actual professional programmers. They couldn't make any viable software even if the reward was a submissive 15 year old asian qt3.14.

All the people on here do is have their own autistic setups that even a 12 year old could come up with, and complain about anything they don't use or understand.

I'm going to give my contribute:

int main()
{
/*Insert browser code here*/
return 0;
}

>initial commit

Attached: linus network.png (800x600, 75K)

>submissive 15 year old asian qt3.14
WTF I should have started learning to code earlier

NetRunner? Better ask the developers on the IRC to hurry up.

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 3.01.38 PM.png (752x614, 261K)

I want a half webscraper half web browser that just takes the important shit off the sites like youtube search results' text and thumbnail only, and just use some player that doesnt need the script used on the website. Would break with major site changes though.

Posting the NetRunner feature (wishlist)

>Options by site.
>Granular control over incoming traffic like Policeman (more detailed than uMatrix).
>Granular control over outgoing traffic like Tamper Data or like Privacy Settings (the addon).
>HTTPS with the HTTP fallback optionally in a new instance of the browser with functions like HTTP POST disabled.
>URI leak prevention like "No Resource URI Leak" and no plugin enumeration.
>Local CDN like Decentraleyes and Load from Cache.
>Cookie management like Cookie Monster.
>Option to turn off disk usage for all data (cache, tmp data, cookies, logs, etc.), and make cache read only.
>Randomizer for user-agent and canvas fingerprint.
>Custom stylesheets like Stylish.
>Userscript support like Greasemonkey.
>Proxy management like FoxyProxy.
>Simple ports routing to use networks like Tor or I2P.
>Simple switch to universal profiles to be used like blocklists from uBlock, or like Privacy Settings.
>A configuration file like Lynx for universal profiles.
>URL deobfuscation like "Google search link fix" and "Pure URL".
>Search customization like surfraw, dwb or InstantFox Quick Search.
>Reverse image search like Google Reverse Image Search.
>Use of external applications to open links, replacing video player with youtube-dl and MPV, for text input by a text editor, browse protocols like ftp/gopher, or as a file picker.
>Use wget web crawling feature like a DownThemAll.
>Send commands to a monitor (and command history) to keep browsing while commands are working.
>Simple emacs-like keybindings to menubar by default for new users.
>Keyboard driven with dwb features like vi-like keybindings, hints, quickmarks, and custom commands.
>Configuration options from an integrated command-line.
>Non-bloated smooth UI like dwb.
>Import bookmarks from browsers like Firefox.
>Written in C.
>Low on dependencies.
>GPL v3+.
>Framebuffer support like NetSurf for working in the terminal (TTY).
>Actual javascript support so we can lurk and post in Jow Forums.

>discord
Stopped reading there, not even firefox has an official discord server

That's a lot of unnecessary shit. The project is trying to please autistic children who require polished features but are upset that Firefox doesn't present them in a particular way.

the problem is that you won't be able to write a browser that serves the internet as it is right now; not without sucking up whatever the big browsers say "hey we do this now"
what Jow Forums needs isn't a browser, it's a fresh protocol and markup.

So yo read until the bottom of the page, nice.

Actually a good idea...

Stallman stop posting

Why do people refer to GNU as Linux?

I'll write the Code of Conduct

It's basically impossible for a team of unpaid volunteers to create a browser compatible with the contemporary web. If you can figure out a way to get paid while doing it, go for it, otherwise forget it.

t. 8 years employed as a browser developer

Install NetSurf

Attached: netsurf.png (2000x2000, 318K)

just use suckless (surf) desu.

>It's basically impossible for a team of unpaid volunteers to create a browser compatible with the contemporary web
Sounds like a feature to me. The "contemporary web" is a piece of shit.

I'm currently testing/researching browsers to make sure what I want doesn't exist. If it doesn't I'm going to make my own. Not from scratch, a fork by ripping out all the botnet including javascript. If you read that correctly you'll notice I wrote "I" and "my own" not for Jow Forums. I would release it and you could use it or not but idk what you want, I don't give a fuck about free software autism, license legality doesn't matter, the mentally ill cunts that surround it, or (You). Plus you'll need another browser for taxes and banking because no botnet means it won't work for botnet.

fuck that lets use vbasic and just an ie iframe

>Brave
Ill pass on using SJW: the browser
>someone uses a communication method I dont like
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Kys kiddo

Yeah that's kind of the point. A new protocol isn't necessary and a minimal subset of html would work but people here would turn it into garbage if allowed to have any input. I don't know what your actual intentions are, you're trying to discourage and shift focus to more difficult and likely prone to failure by everything must be designed from scratch. Its stupid.

a lot of people attemping to have it do everything should be a good place to start in not missing anything; which would then have to be bolted on later in a clusterfuck of compatibility, arms race of functionality

Jow Forums already worked on a browser, but generals for it just ended one day.

Tbh there are alternatives to the big 3 other that Mozilla rebrands. Nobody uses them seriously.

We've tried that. All Jow Forums made was logo and some shitty incomplete prototypes.
We will always fail.

Attached: 1548891446305.png (1148x574, 142K)

>Ill pass on using SJW: the browser
>Kys kiddo
you seem to be in denial

>c/c++

Attached: [DeadFish] Aria the Origination - 13 [DVD][480p][AAC].mp4_snapshot_23.53_[2016.01.15_03.13.16].png (848x480, 824K)

>linux only
I'd just like to interject for a moment....

I thought this shit got canned.

I need to get a desktop with Linux. This could actually be my project in Computer Science.

>Jow Forums is comprised of all the best and smartest younglings in the occident
>yet won't move a finger despite being such blessed children
We could do wonders, lads. Wake up.

Attached: 1498915871196.jpg (901x933, 156K)