How does Apple consistently have the best UI/UX design? Extremely smooth animations...

How does Apple consistently have the best UI/UX design? Extremely smooth animations, the best use of translucency in any mobile OS, rounded corners before they were cool and got on the minimalism with depth trend before competitors. The gesture navigation is leagues ahead of any other competitor, with extreme thought put into it while factoring in speed rather than just hold times for its navigation. Why is Jow Forums so threatened by Apple's superior design?

Attached: 1522197992409.jpg (840x473, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2018/803/
youtube.com/watch?v=fYndgISxVHM
androidheadlines.com/2018/11/samsung-curved-display-tech-stolen-china.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

being this much of a homossexual. yikes

Attached: 1537255600121.jpg (500x358, 52K)

Not an argument.

I have an iPhone for work and a OnePlus phone for personal use.

iOS literally has the exact same UI as Android, just worse. It has a swipe left for feed/widgets feature, but with less information and functionality. It has icon you can place where you want on the home screen but no widgets and no way to hide apps in a drawer that is available on every home page. It has a pull down menu AND a pull up menu, and both combined have less functionality than a single Android pull down menu. They both have lock screen notifications, but Android ques all notifications for a single App together where Apple just lists 100 Facebook or Instagram notifications in a row. Apple remembers your spot in an App so when you're go back to it, you're there again. This isn't a feature, because when I read my email or calendar and then I go back home and put my phone away, when I open either again I'm looking at the meeting or message I was reading an hour ago instead of looking at my inbox/default view. I have to force close apps manually consistently or use the top of the phone to navigate back every single time I open any app because iOS hasn't evolved past Android 4.0 yet.

It's literally exactly the same design but missing features and functionality.

Get a time machine, go back five years, and make this post. Then you'll have somewhat of a point.

>It has a swipe left for feed/widgets feature...
Widgets I'll agree, never use them beyond bank and weather though.
>It has icon you can place where you want on the home screen but...
Put them on a page you never use.
>It has a pull down menu AND a pull up menu
Assuming you mean the lockscreen and the quick toggle menu, this is no different to Android as Android forces you to expand the menu which is the same amount of actions to get to that "page".
>Apple just lists 100 Facebook or Instagram notifications in a row.
Hasn't been the case since iOS 12, pic related.

Things iOS does better:
The entire gesture based navigation system, assuming you're not a retard who shits on Apple for no reason (I'll assume you're not since your post is reasonable), there's a video they put out on how well thought it is and just why it's so good.
>developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2018/803/
3D touch, yes it's actually useful if you use it.
Far smoother, when I picked up my iPhone XS I was blown away in comparison to my Note 8. I thought it was running at 120hz because of just how much better it felt to use.
Consistent UI design, this is a major one. No jumble of apps on MD1, MD2 or god forbid anything older. Most apps are updated to Apple's latest design trends quickly rather than taking years, if ever. 3rd party apps tend to follow Apple's UI guidelines, unlike apps on Android. 3rd party apps on iOS almost always provide a better experience than something you could find on Android. Likely because the tools provided by Apple are better than those provided by Google. Downside is they're generally paid, but $2-3 isn't much.
The gesture navigation actually saves space, fast app switching is intuitive.
The back gesture is consistent, on Android the button might close an app or go back a page, you never really know. On iOS if it can't go back, it just won't do anything and consistent behaviour is important in UX. It's a back button, not a close button.

Attached: 1525859163087.jpg (1125x2436, 561K)

Shit on iOS all you want, but you can't deny that their gesture system shits on Pixel's.
youtube.com/watch?v=fYndgISxVHM

don't forget the special rounded corners on apple

Attached: 1_PIHFvGyy5sWK_d0MX_PhMw.png (2600x1104, 285K)

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1537282164950.jpg (643x960, 255K)

Attached: 1525403472109.png (961x88, 12K)

shit I actually got banned by posting this picture once

Because Apple have a group of rabid followers who give a shit about things being pretty for some reason, so Apple products are pretty but useless

>who give a shit about things being pretty for some reason
People love beautiful things, it's not some foreign concept.

Because 99% of engineers are autistic and literally don't know what good design looks like; worse, they think that it doesn't matter and if you care about it, you are effeminate, despite the fact that they are all overweight sexless blobs. Only an alpha like Jobs could kick their asses into gear and actually tell them to fix their shit and that "good enough" wasn't good enough.

Today im getting a new phone for my son it's a contract

£55 a month with unlimited texts data and calls

My main problem is he is saying he wants an iPhone but I'm trying to persuade him to get a chink mate 20 pro

What do I do Jow Forums?

Don't be a dumb cunt of a dad and let him get what he wants, not only is the Mate 20 Chinese spyware, it has major faults.

Attached: 1542905519703.jpg (1997x2662, 332K)

Buy him the mate 20 pro anyway, kid won't notice the difference

Beauty makes the shittiness of life more bearable; the same reason superior Japan has such a fascination with tea ceremonies, cherry blossoms, and moeblobs

Jesus fuck is it that bad

I thought it was a meme

I have p20 myself

Right

P20 doesn't have a curved screen, Huawei stole Samsung's technology but implemented it poorly.
androidheadlines.com/2018/11/samsung-curved-display-tech-stolen-china.html

Do you want to raise a man or a soiboi?

Attached: 1531578378636.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

I have an iPhone 8 so 3d touch and gestures are useless to me. I know the XS is a lot better than any other iPhone, but to me every single one of them is unusable trash until the X.

And OnePlus has better gestures than Pixel or Ios

>And OnePlus has better gestures than Pixel or Ios
One Plus gestures are literally an inferior imitation of iOS gestures you dolt, no surprise coming from a Chinese company.

How do iOS users even browse Jow Forums?

Not Op but I've tried Xiaomi's gesture implementation and I think they did a pretty good job, you get used to them really fast. Look them up on YouTube

Pic related: swipe and hold from the side of the screen to switch apps

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-01-03-11-25-559_org.floens.chan.png (1080x2280, 292K)

Yeah I've used Xiaomi, they are the second best behind Apple in terms of navigation gestures imo.
It's a long video, but this goes into detail on how they designed the gesture system on iOS and why it feels the best.
developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2018/803/
Worth the watch if you're even remotely interested in UI/UX design.

see

MIUI's implementation is better than all three.

P Smart here, works absolutely fine