AMD has troubles selling some GPUs

muropaketti.com/tietotekniikka/tietotekniikkauutiset/amdn-sopimusvalmistajilla-poikkeuksellisen-paljon-vanhempia-naytonohjaimia-varastossa-viela-ennen-radeon-viin-julkaisua/

AMD has released a bunch of new GPUs but the sellers of AMD based GPU cards have large stocks of non-sold older cards. In 2018 the GPUs had less sales than before.

Nvidia is battling with the same issue.

For some reason people havent been recently buying the newest and fastest cards but are ok with the old cards their computers already have.

The somewhat slow and old cards should be on discount on many places because sellers want t get rid of them before they are no longer able to sell them at all.

>Despite GPU troubles, AMDs Q4 of 2018 was in overall the companys best since the year 2011.

Attached: sapphire-radeon-vii.jpg (800x800, 127K)

Wrong fucking imageboard, you fucking mongoloid.

suomi perkele

no one wants rerererebrandeon and or no ideas +10% performance increase RTX overpriced meme card.

Why I should buy shit?

This x1000

The "problem" is how long older cards are capable of staying relevant. I bought a top tier 980Ti at launch to play at 1440p. I to this day, am still able to play at 1440 85+ fps easy. Unless I'm aiming for 4k, why would I get a new card provided mine isn't broken?

That said I'll probably get a 2080Ti soon because DX12 on 9xx series cards is non-existent and more and more games are moving over. So that's a legitimate reason. But as is, there are almost zero games on the market that can truly truly push or take advantage of the super high end cards to try and justify their price points. Especially the disappointment that is the Radeon VII. Hell the Vega 56/64 are only getting slightly more popular now because they finally came down in price.

marginal improvement over recent generations, also crypto craze has mostly blown over.

why would anyone pay 100$ more for a card that only does 10% more than their current one?

That's what you get for making shitty drivers.

>For some reason people havent been recently buying the newest and fastest cards but are ok with the old cards their computers already have.
>for some reason
yeah I wonder what the fuck could be the reason? Maybe the fact that new cards are 100% more expensive and not even any better.

People just want a good/great performing GPU for less than $500.

Appealing to the niche market of consumers -- the 2080, 1080ti, highest-end -- doesn't work because most consumers aren't able to afford those cards.

If Nvidia stopped being so absolutely greedy and lower their overall prices, they would have more buyers. Really sucks there are only 2 companies "battling" in the GPU market.

Teet paskoja lankoja. Opettele englantia.

Same thing that's happening with phones and most other tech.

Without significant breakthroughs that completely change the game you eventually hit levels of "Good Enough" for most people.

>People just want a good/great performing GPU for less than $500.
Try less than 300, 90% of people own 1060/1050ti. Almost no one buy high end gpus like 1080/1080ti.

Maybe quadrupling the msrp of mid and high range cards for two years wasn't such a good idea

Why did you specifically mention AMD in the title when it's both AMD and Nvidia? Even your article says that.
Imagine, clickbait on fucking Jow Forums.

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

15 years ago I could get the highest end Nvidia card for 300 USD
10 years ago for 600 USD
Now you can't even get one for 1500 USD

The jump is price is real, even when ACCOUNTING for inflation

Attached: Discord_20190116_190048.png (652x472, 367K)

True with the 300. I felt like 500 is what people would be, in general, willing to shell out at the highest end.

300 is pretty much the sweet spot in pricing.

>NoVidya jacks up their pricing, literally causing perf/dollar to stagnate
>AyyMD rebrands the 480 for the 10th fucking time
No shit everyone's staying with their old cards, there's literally no good argument to buy a new one right now.

amd overall goes well
nvidia goes shit

user makes a thread clickbaiting in amd

go figure

150-300 cards were going for 600+ last year because of butt coins and of course AMD and Nvidia fucked over actual customers

the funny thing is that the cryptos Jow Forums made money from weren't even minable, they were just a convenient scapegoat for the GPU manus because obviously people will be jealous of their gains

Diminishing returns.

Pretty sure eth can be mined and bitcoin was still a big meme

My 380X was around 230 bucks and to this day it still handles almost everything I throw at it decently enough. I'd find it hard to justify spending mroe than 300.

>why would I get a new card provided mine isn't broken?
One of these days novidia will release a driver to kill your card

RX 580 is $140 came with RE2 key here in my country

Perkele

>ramp up production because of new crypto coin craze
>buttcoin crashes
>nobody buys their surplus

gee what a surprise

>of course AMD ... fucked over actual customers
AMD didn't do artificial shortages though
AMD cards MSRP was *STILL* lower than Nvidia's for same performance cards

Attached: 1548999876701.jpg (777x749, 74K)

Can you elaborate please? NVIDIA still make billion of shekels

Imagine being this big of a drone.

>still make 3 billion
>80% gpu market
>hurr durr nvidia goes shit

>made 3 billion
>lost 5 on a single hour in the stock market
>lowers expectation half a billion
>actually loses 5.5 billions

yeah you dont know much about the market it seems

Still make $3G at the end

nvidia is greedy but what is inflation?

blame TSMC and SAMSUNG

>Despite GPU troubles, AMDs Q4 of 2018 was in overall the companys best since the year 2011
So it's literally fucking nothing but an article to keep the prices up?

even nvidia got rekt by the second coinfag bubble popping

but it'll hit amd worse because only miners and a few autists like me ever bought their cards

>For some reason people havent been recently buying the newest and fastest cards but are ok with the old cards their computers already have.
Bitcoin == ded.
>Despite GPU troubles, AMDs Q4 of 2018 was in overall the companys best since 2011.
They make chips too.

Attached: 1492743811504.png (396x382, 173K)

1050 Ti here, I have no reason to upgrade.

1070, upgraded from my 1050.

GPU Market's fucked mates. Either we as an entity need to make a site that sells good graphics cards for half price, or we wait it out until one or the other becomes more rationally priced.

R9 390, waiting for navi.

Learn to read

>newer GPUs cost 800 $
>"why aren't new GPUs selling well?"

yea i dont have hundreds of euros to go out every fucking month because companies keep releasing new stuff. for majority of people there is no use case for these new high end video cards. most are fine on their rx480s or 1070s that run everything without problems. until there arent games that require these new high end 800 euro cards there wont be any big sales

I never paid more than around 350ish for a video card though last time it was a 770 card, I need the upgrade, might do it when I build new system in few months (saving now). Though I also thought of still using the 770 to save money initially anyway but it's 5 years old so, yeah in either case I don't want to pay more than that again. I think 350 is a reasonable price.

Good fuck these retarded prices I hope all their stock rots stupid crypto niggers

>350
too much. you can get a 480/580 for less than that or a 1070. what the fuck do you do you need 350 euro video card ?

Oh I'm talking us dollars that's what my 770 card cost in 2013, so that's what I'm going by.

Jfc I got rid of mine back in 2015 and it was a 4gb windforce
Maxwell aged worse than any other gpu I've ever seen especially those tarted up 680s
Easily the slowest gpu I've ever had

Did me alright , for the times , I'm just a slowpoke with the money and stuff. I mean I am leaning towards just saving for gpu too for build. Dunno which though I'm so fucking out of the loop.

cunt retailers still have retarded price tags even after the crypto boom.

an rx 570 here in sweden costs 350 bucks and vega 64 costs 750 bucks

fuck swedish retailers and computer stores desu

>bought a GPU YEARS ago....
>today if I want twice the performance of the gpu I got years ago, I need to pay twice or more for the performance
There hasn't been a new product that gives you "more performance for the same cost" for a long time
If you niggers YOU FUCKING KIKE, GOOK NIGGERS think I want to spend retarded amounts of money and get the performance I could get 3-4 years ago for the same money then you are fucking insane!
Stop shrugging your shoulders and going "I don't know why the goyim don't want to be fleeced, beats me boss"

NOOOOOOOOOO BROS AMD IS GOOD
WHY CAN'T THEY UNDERSTAND

>an rx 570 here in sweden costs 350 bucks and vega 64 costs 750 bucks
I know EXACTLY how you feel. Why the FUCK would anybody want to "upgrade" with those prices. At least in your country the income is better than here.
Imagine those prices, while also having much lower national income average.
It's literally insane and I have no idea what they are thinking. Retailers here NEVER lower prices, but boy are they ready to raise them.

I have never spent more than $200 on a video card and have never wanted more performance. They are like cars. Let the idiots that want to spend an extra 40% buy the new models when they come out. I watch the price/performance curve and it has always been around $200.

> For some reason people havent been recently buying the newest and fastest cards
> some reason

Attached: 1538856635970.jpg (540x720, 80K)

>even with bourgeois tricks like planned obsolescence they still can't sell their new crap

Attached: sataniasmug.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

>planned obsolescence
That's Intel.

And NoVidya.

and amd just comes out obsolete

muropaketti tietotekniikka tietotekniikkauutiset amdn sopimusvalmistajilla poikkeuksellisen paljon vanhempia naytonohjaimia varastossa viela ennen-radeon viin julkaisua!

Attached: warlock.jpg (736x498, 27K)

Baserad svennebanan.

bitcoin is just a word for cryptocurrency to most people

>In 2018 the GPUs had less sales than before.

>increase prices by 150% to profit off crypto boom
>don't even try to come up with something that can compete with nvidia
>irreparably damage the trust with your real consumer base to cater to fucking miners

Gee I wonder why assholes.

There used to be a business tactic that companies would use to use to sell old stock like this, but it seems to be long forgotten. It was called a "sale".

now they just bait retards into cryptocurrency bubbles to sell gpus

I’ve got an RX580 and see no need to upgrade for the foreseeable future. RTX is a meme, Nvidia need to focus on a 1060 replacement that’s affordable.

ETH can be mined but only a few AMD cards were actually feasible for it. A lot of people that bought GPUs bought them with no intention of mining but to sell them to people who didn't know about mining. Selling shovels in a gold rush and all that.

That burnt harder than a fermi chip.

doesn't dx12 downscale to older versions the way 10 and 11 can downscale to 9?

>Nvidia need to focus on a 1060 replacement that’s affordable
Why though? The 1060-6GB is a perfectly fine midrange card and doesn't need replacing at this point.

>saturated second-hand market
>performance requirements increases have slowed as we're nearing the end of a console generation
>green team is inflating prices
Gee, I should get a job in business strategizing.

This will stop being a problem once 1440p becomes the new 1080p

You'll see a bigger fall off when next gen console comes. But afaik that won't be until 2020.
At which point you'll probably want an RX670 or RX 3070 or whatever they end up calling it.

I'm surprised how people are satisfied with 1080p, yet they are.

Because they're charging like $250+ for it lmao

That's exactly the figures I would see as 'normal' but ok I can be jewed to pay maybe $600 for the top of the line not this bullshit

maybe they want a second PC

But it was all the retailers fault? And there was no reason to not sell the gpus for $600 dollars because they'd sell out no matter what?

give me a top of the line card for $200 and i'll buy it, oh and it should use less than 100watt

Try 200 or 250.

>less than 100watt
>top of the line

Not since the FX days, and never again.

Wait a couple of years
If u absolutely have to get a gpu get a 64 or 56 and uv oc
1080 Ti is getting nerfed already because it doesn't have dedicated fp/int it has to switch between making it slower than Vega and turing in alot of games

>Because they're charging like $250+ for it lmao
Then get a 570 or whatever. Pay less, get less. That's how it usually works.

>less than 100 watt
GTX 1050 Ti then. Not the best choice for performance or performance per dollar, but if your power budget is limited or you don't have PCIe power connectors, it's the best card you're getting.

2050 ti when?

>less sales since mining is no longer profitable
Who would have guessed?

Attached: thot.jpg (153x176, 15K)

I'd be willing to pay $1500 for a graphics card if it's at least 5x faster than a $250 graphics card.
But the $1200 2080Ti is only a bit better than 2x faster than an RX590, iirc.

Both the $525 I paid for my enthusiast model 7970 and the $285 for my Vega56 are both great deals and it seems retarded to buy much else.
I have the money, but I'm not going to buy a card with half or a fucking third the performance per dollar. The pricing Nvidia sets is just plain predatory.

People have this idea that a lot more performance "shouldn't" scale linearly.
But the VRM, PCB, etc, of an RX590 and 2080Ti aren't THAT much different. Okay, well at least compared to a RX590 and 2080 they aren't since the 2080Ti does have more traces and a larger PCB for more VRAM.
But you get the idea. Only so much cost is the chip itself. There's lots of fixed costs in the VRM, PCB, etc, which doesn't change much between an RX580, 590, a theoretical Vega which used GDDR5 or GDDR6, and an RTX 2080.
The more expensive cards just have far far far larger margins.

Some retards will only buy Nvidia so they want Nvidia to release a better cheaper card instead of getting an RX570 for half the price.

In a couple of years, AMD will have an APU capable of 4k and high end 1080p gaming. What then?

nvlinked 2080ti proves that VR and 4k@100+fps is actually a reality now

I hope amd will have a competing product this year

Im planning on learning photoshop and video editing
Please tell me a gpod gpu for these tasks
I like amd

>5-3 equals 3 on your mind ?

holy fuck. finnish urls are hell on earth

>muropaketti.com/tietotekniikka/tietotekniikkauutiset/amdn-sopimusvalmistajilla-poikkeuksellisen-paljon-vanhempia-naytonohjaimia-varastossa-viela-ennen-radeon-viin-julkaisua/
a domain and 3 directories. 173 characters

dumb suomi poster

Reality check, 570 is a good card but it's still a case of pay less, get less. It's weaker than the 1060. And what's with the wider spread on performance?

Attached: Screenshot_20190202-005524_Firefox.jpg (1015x1107, 320K)

Nvidia is running 8k@60fps

honestly i considered buying an rx 570
but i have no reason to upgrade
i haven't even played a videogame that required more than like an hd 6850 in years.
i got a gtx 760 from goodwill for $40. no new games seem any good anyway. only thing that ran kinda shitty was everspace when i put it on ultra just to test it. looks better on high without motion blur and AA and stuff.