This is how zoomers see your CRT TV

This is how zoomers see your CRT TV.

Attached: samsung-plano-21-inch-tv-circuit-diagram-new-how-to-know-when-your-tv-picture-tube-is-bad-of-samsung (640x486, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

argos.co.uk/product/8169840
argos.co.uk/product/8102405
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

?

and I care what they think why?

Attached: 1534062910144.jpg (1920x1080, 1.15M)

Here's direct comparison between what you see on modern screen vs what you see on crt (480i).

How do boomers defend that shit?

Attached: image quality.jpg (1558x1076, 273K)

CRTs are cancer and I'm glad they're gone

t. Actual Boomer

nostalgia probably.

If that was all the technology you had at the time it probably seemed great back then.

That ain't how composite video output handles upscaling you dumbass

>no crts with modern components

Attached: 1bee857.png (640x1138, 281K)

Exactly. Whoever made that image has clearly never seen or used a crt monitor before.

god i wish that were me

You wish you were the TV, you wish you were a boomer that owns an old TV or you wish you were the zoomer seeing the TV like that?

yes

Attached: 1518424619926.jpg (250x190, 5K)

I wish flat panels could have multiple "native" resolutions. I really miss that feature from CRT. LCD scalers are fucking terrible and will never ever be good.

>live in britbongland
>most TVs 1080p or 4k
>"HD" content on regular TV is 720p and upscales terribly

Most retards are still watching gameshow crap on terrestrial TV instead of making the switch to netflix or online content

I honestly don't know how normal people watch through so much crap instead of just downloading a decent fucking movie

what's the refection image suppose to be?

ZOOMER PANELTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: IMG_20190127_194926.jpg (3968x2976, 1.82M)

Attached: scr.png (958x598, 596K)

Coffee stains
Clearly brown

>Calling others retards when your advice is to switch to Netflix and online content
The nerve

A trackball on a FUCKING MOUSEPAD

I don't know about defence, but there aren't really pixels on CRTs, there are phosphor dots. It looks quite different and a lot more blurred.

For people playing retro games, it looks great because that's how the graphics of the time were viewed - much different to the same graphics pixel-for-pixel scaled up in almost any fashion on a modern screen (although there are simulations that work well).

For almost any other use a modern display is definitely much better. If nothing else, CRTs flicker quite a lot more. I'm not a boomer, I'm a Gen X/cusp millennial but I grew up with CRTs the whole way and is right.

Fuck, a very few early CRTs which skimped out on the amount of lead in the glass might even have literally caused cancer in a few people - the risk is negligible normally but there are outliers and that's a lot of X-rays multiplied by a lot of people over a lot of time.

Zoomers are the ones driving up CRT prices so they can authentically play Mario Kart on their authentic SNES machines.

eating 5 bananas gives you more radiation than sitting in front of a CRT for a whole year

>CLICK
>WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE
>BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT
Fuck these things

>t. tv maker shill angry that people aren't buying the latest 4k shitty tvs with no blacks, only greys

>only greys
So, just like CRTrash?

Get a proper GPU and MadVR.

Snake oil

Good CRTs have an excellent dynamic range. There were many shitty ones of course but TVs were built for different price points.

Attached: 1544542856933.jpg (388x343, 64K)

Get the fuck outta here
CRTs had shit blacks because of the shadow mask. There was always a greyish tone.

Don't like the flicker? Turn up the refresh rate. For me 85 Hz is practically flicker free, and 120 is definitely flicker free. And it gives smoother motion than anything but expensive high refresh rate LCDs.

>CRTs had shit blacks
Babby who couldn't afford an aperture grill TV detected.

Never mind him, he's one of the people who consider the little bit of light that reflects off a CRT that's turned off to be "shit blacks". You can try to point out how it's so much less visible than black pixels that fucking glow, or how it's so easy to remove the light source and make the blacks darker, but none of it sticks. It's like arguing with flat earthers.

I think it's TV industry spam because people like older sets. Plasma TVs with low hours are now going used for 2-3x what they sold new for. One reason why is that it's impossible to get a good picture from analog inputs, and scalers suck ass compared to a nice comb filter paired with an good set.

Impossible on a new TV I mean.

You can talk to me directly. Why be a pasag cuck

If I was replying to you, I would. But I was replying to the other guy.

Oy vey these things give you cancer and they have burn in!

>Implying us zoomers have never own and useCRTs
Core and late Zoomers I can understand but early zoomers had CRTs and vhs player before. Hell I can remember playing old WW2 looney tunes on vhs and that was the best. OP is just being a faggot boomer who think zoomers have never touched a VHS or use a CRT before

Attached: 1548614850950.gif (320x193, 876K)

Does anyone here know what was the very last production CRT, or the best model produced?

Attached: toqu1siyhi521.png (688x553, 172K)

Borderline zoomer here
I've had my fair share of CRTs and VHS and being rather poor we use CRTs longer than most
It wasn't until 2008 did we get a tiny vizio flatscreen TV and it wasn't until maybe 2011 that I got my own flat panel which was that exact vizio TV
I really don't miss CRTs or VHS one bit and every time I use one today it doesn't being nostalgia of good times it really just brings rather mundane memories of using the damn things

bruh

> thinks crt used pixels
> how does analogue video work exactly?
not sure if you're trolling, a zoomer or just plain ol' fucking retarded? tough call.

>boomer CRT user
>likes them because of nostalgia but acknowledges that modern displays are superior

>zoomer CRT user
>was convinced by some zoomer e-celeb that they're better than modern displays and after buying one for a hugely inflated price on ebay will be unable to accept the truth that they're inferior because of post-purchase rationalization

Sony still makes BVMs in tiny quantities, but they're really hard to get your hands on new. Any of the later models are good, but you'll have to fuck with BNC cables.

For computer use the FW-900 is the gold standard of CRTs.

>pad clearly has a wrist rest
Calm down, sperg

Offtopic
Can someone tell me which TV is better?
Philips
>argos.co.uk/product/8169840
samsung
>argos.co.uk/product/8102405

I want it for PS4 Pro. I really want this "ambilight" so i want philips but I dont know Help me decide guys.
WWYD ?

Attached: 8169840_R_Z001A[1].jpg (1536x1382, 153K)

My buddy dated an 18 year old last year (he was 30). They were talking about movies they liked, and he said he loved 80's action movies, especially Arnie ones. Her reply was
>eww, I can't watch movies in black and white

Attached: 1539131812560.webm (469x521, 26K)

kek perfect example xigger
lets go play some fortnite
i have that same monitor but it's not currently in use.
press degauss dumbass

serves him right for being a pedo.

I'm not a violent man but id legit punch the shit out of the dumb cunt.

hi, roastie.