Thought it'd be cool to use a laptop as a wireless display to access my desktop in bed

>thought it'd be cool to use a laptop as a wireless display to access my desktop in bed
>still using windows and there's a "project your PC" feature that uses Bluetooth
>set it up
>It's completely broken
>Random clicks every 30 seconds
>Extremely slow
>Sound and video both lag and gaming is impossible
Wtf how does anybody use wireless displays? Google is useless. Is there no way to do this without buying a particular monitor or dedicated hardware or something?

Attached: 1542621475474.png (604x702, 616K)

Don't do it. Read about how Intel spent billions to include Widi with all of his core processors, only to have to admit it didn't work. It never worked.

dammit Windows 10 is so broken. So a wired display is still basically the only way to expand your display that doesn't break? Am I understanding this right??

if you want to do sound, movies, or gaymen, yeah. Teamviewer is fine for operational stuff though

>bluetooth
>reliable
yikes...

what about Miracast?
does that shit work?

Not on Windows, no.

Remote desktop is too easy to use, or what?

The best remote desktop for regular use, videos gaming etc, ironically, is Steam. Hardware encoding and decoding support super low latency.

Just use ssh faggot, what more do you want?

ooooo sexy upscale girl having a cuppa at an upscale cafe UwU

TeamViewer?? Why not just use the RDP built into the fucking machine

He said gaming, RDP isn't fast enough unless you're wired to the local network and have a superb connection (probably not possible with copper/gold/silver conduction)

For fuck's sake you tool, just use Teamviewer like a normal person, works perfectly.

>(probably not possible with copper/gold/silver conduction)

It always worked, but Intel wasn't making money on it. They made all their tech compatible with Miracast and then stopped further development.

Nvidia Shadowplay or AMD ReLive.
Or just use steam's streaming feature because I believe it uses the above technologies anyway.

this

ugly gook

have you tried steam inhome straming?
I think you could just install a VM with whatever distro you want, add the VM software as a "game" to your steam library and run then use steam inhome streaming in order to stream. you just have to have steam open at both computers. I think you can install steamos at your laptop if literally all you wanna do with that laptop is stream your other desktop onto it.

her pussy smells like fresh mint, you idiot

You just go to desktop mode and can run whatever you want but the game is in windowed mode

That's a man, retard.

wangblows is the problem here

>yikes
why did this word catch on with you zoomer faggots?

Because you touch yourself

You must be 18 or over to post on Jow Forums.

Then why are you here?

It's an "ebin le maymay" from reddit, and a sure sign of a low IQ mouth-breather.

Just use RDP

Attached: 1.jpg (1200x680, 55K)

Sorry I'm back. Yeah I've tried Remote Desktop too. It's ok, not great. Kind of slow but better than bluetooth I admit.
When I used this and tried to play a game it said the only recognized driver was Miracast. So whatever Windows is implementing here for wireless displays is using Miracast I think.
I had no idea Steam allowed for this. I'll look into it. Thank you.

It's from Jow Forums and probably came from reddit. They are kids.

HDMI cables transmit via a tunnel of small mosquito-like nanobots (which are the only transmission method fast enough to handle video signals above 1K resolution)

You shouldn't post pictures of yourself on Jow Forums.

>implying anything useful is reliable on desktop Linux

The Bluetooth stack is very reliable. As for the drifting off into irrelevant arguments on your part, desktop Linux is much more usable than what Jow Forums typically would lead one to believe. Don't trust the archfags.

>Sound and video both lag and gaming is impossible
Why are you attempting to play games through some wireless display garbage instead of using one of the multiple, functional game streaming options? Steam has this option for free, NVIDIA's shit has their own version as well (with the free Moonlight client on PC), beyond that there are other 3rd party programs to do it as well.

It's not just games. My idea was that I could have a very powerful desktop set up in one room and a shitty but portable laptop that has no function but to basically run the desktop remotely and be able to use my desktop close by in the same room. Ideally what I want is a remote desktop through the Internet that's actually fast and doesn't lag but that's probably never going to happen so I was trying Bluetooth first.

Nx client od the best one, teamviewer second

and still people are shitting on steam and shilling for the epic store

>all he can come up with is n-no you!!!!