"User not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported."

>"User not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported."
Seriously why does Debian include this message? I'm the only user of my laptop but it triggers my paranoia so fucking much.

Attached: serveimage (3).png (1005x504, 96K)

you're fucked, kid, FBI is coming for you

>tfw I have to turn myself in to the cyber police again

I have seen RHEL machines where this sends an email to the root user account about the failed attempt. I don't think this is enabled by default on Debian though.

They mean it'll be reported in a local log file holy shit you're dumb

The problem is with you.
You assume something reported is a problem by default.
Someone reported something, so it must be true and now we must take action without looking at the report.

It is default, not really sure why but its still there and doesnt do anything. Id assume its more common to install ubuntu/debian on single user systems but I’m also a socially gay neckbeard

Lmao what a dumb fucking frogposter

>using sudo
>Not using doas

The message appears on every distro, but not every distro actually "reports" anything to the root user.

> Anonymous have made a thread on Jow Forums
> this incident will be reported

Jesus christ - just add yourself to the sudoers file...

Did OP somehow fuck up a Debian install lmao

I feel sorry for you, OP

Attached: incident.png (695x309, 70K)

protip: if you find yourself using sudo all the time for daily tasks, you're doing something wrong

Who cares? It just werks.

Yeah, he's using linux instead of Windows.

I have to use sudo to create files in my home directory for some reason. For now I just use / so I don't have to sudo.

Don't come crying when you've fucked up your system...

Per plugins/sudoers/logging.c sudo supports logging to syslog, log file and mail. The latter two can be enabled with the mail_* and logfile options in sudoers.