/spg/ - Smartphone General

Motorola RAZR 2019 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: motorazr_2019_7.jpg (1050x700, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BwSts2s4ba4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just got an iPhone. How do I download files? Even just basic stuff like a zip file? Am I just retarded?

You don't

Seriously though. I can't figure out how to download things.

You can't

Hory crappu. I want the razr 2019 so bad. I had the original folding phone. I miss the form factor.

I wonder how fast the screen goes to shit at the joint.

Faster than your mom.

Pixel Experience or LineageOS for my pocomeme?

It's super hard on an iPhone. An android will display like a removable drive, but Apple obfuscates the files and folders. I'm not sure if there is even a way. Might try the app store for a work around.

Not smartphone but any recommendations for a tablet?
Most often will be a PDF reading machine.
I suppose running emacs on it is out of question?

Just make 3 screens with really thin bezels you get 98% the screen with none of the meme bending shit.

in like 3 months i will be getting new phone, i have no clue about smartphones, which one should i get?

im using Lg g6 right now and im satisfied, but it feels a little bit outdated

If the xz4 compact isn't real I'm gonna buy a flip phone! FUCK!

Attached: autismo.jpg (495x362, 17K)

Do i still get OTA updates on MIUI if i unlock it through the official thing? Chinks are telling me i'll lose the updates but im calling bullshit.

Mipad 4

Requirements:
>Works on Canadian LTE bands
>Headphone Jack
>SD card slot
>Big screen
>big battery
>prefer no notch
>Cheap as possible while still having smooth lag free performance
Any recs?

Attached: DjMv28UUwAEDCA5.png (800x1280, 744K)

Oh and I forgot to mention, custom ROM support is a must have.

Mi max 3

Got a poco this week. Was planing to flash pixel experience ASAP, but MUIU is so good now, i hated it based on a previous experience with my redmi note 3.

Not gonna flash PE anymore.

Attached: IMG_20190131_164851.jpg (4608x3456, 1.44M)

You have to use a bunch of third party that gives you to functionality to read files.

It's just general headache to basic Android Features.

Just bricked my Zuk Z2 and I don't want to bother trying to fix it.

>USA
>T-mobile
>Small (I was hoping to get a XZ4c (if it's even real)
>sub 500, used is fine

I really only use my phone to browse the web and gps so specs aren't that important.

anyone use a dbrand skin that all these youtubers are shilling? Are they any good?

I need to replace my G5. I know there are no more removable batt phones. Screen is going out on it. Anyone have some recs on a phone $100-$150 new or used? Used might be the bet if I want something with features. Needs to work in USA TMO or TMO MVNO.

Motorola you can fuck yourself I have the Z2 Force and the Z3 play on spring is a weak piece of shit, why did you lay off you Z line team you faggots.

Yes you'll get updates

How much space does 9.0 use and with that how much space does 8.0 and 8.1 use? Found in official pdf that 8.0 needs minimum 4GB so to be safe let's go with 5GB. Is that enough?
How come this isn't listed everywhere?

Anyone have any experience with Umidigi? My Razer phone got some water damage and I'm looking for a temp replacement. Umidigi has some good deals but I want to hear some first hand experience.

does anyone have the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro? I think I'm going to upgrade to it from the Redmi Note 5.

Attached: 1533429207791.jpg (250x229, 17K)

note 9 or xs max?

Attached: 1493196180197.png (281x206, 65K)

xz premium or xz2 compact

xz2 compact has no headphone jack

Is the hate that LG gets still warranted?
Back in the day, sure, but now?

Hi, galaxy note 9 is a good choice?
Or better iPhone X?

You use the share menu and there should be "Save to files" and that's how you save things.

nah Iphone XR is where its at

>has a notch

Into the trash it goes

what flip phone are you going to buy?

Attached: IMG_4398.jpg (184x184, 10K)

yup wanted to correct that to xz compact, but i got carried away with something else. you know what i mean.

I'm looking to get a new phone to upgrade from nexus 6p, I was thinking of getting the note 9, but the burger version doesn't have an unlockable bootloader.
Requirements:
>Large battery
>CDMA (I hate this requirement)
>Unlockable bootloader
>headphone jack
>no notch

Attached: b2f.jpg (680x447, 41K)

Download zip tool there are tons of apps for this on the App Store even. I download a lot of games for emulators and it’s pretty simple , it will ask you what you want to open it in when you download something.

Hello, friends. I'm looking a phone.

The following features are a must:
- Has 16:9 screen, resolution is at least 1080p
- At least 4GB of RAM
- SD slot
- official LineageOS support
- Headphone jack
- No notch

The following features are desirable:
- No bigger than 5.5" (I have a Nexus 5, would like something smaller but that doesn't seem to exist)
- Installing LineageOS doesn't require emailing companies begging for serial codes
- Good overall display

I don't care about:
- Battery life
- Camera
- Vendor programs (going to use LOS from day 1)

Any ideas? People recommended me the Xperia XA2 and the Moto X4. I've heard the X4 screen is awful and the XA2 has some strange screen resolution.

I live in Hueland.

Attached: p-please help me.gif (600x340, 132K)

My galaxy s5 died today. Pixel 3 is on sale today for $650. Other than >botnet, give me a good reason not to buy one
Hard mode: I use Verizon

if you already know you want to buy it why ask here anyway? No headphone jack is a huge concern form me, I'd just wait for the S10 lite at this point

XZ1/XZ2 Compact

I'm so glad I followed someone's suggestion here to buy a Nokia 7 Plus. Really digging it.

>the XA2 has some strange screen resolution.
wdym, it's 1920x1080

I got confused, sorry. Seems like the XA2 Ultra might be a good option, but I'll see if someone recommends another model.

I got confused, sorry. Seems like the XA2 Ultra might be a good option, but I'll see if someone recommends another model (preferably smaller).

can anybody give me some tips for a honor play for the post purchase procedure? is there stuff i need to look out for? i dislike the bloated wares they load on it with lots of additional sign ups etc.

Can i flash newer android version(8.0 and up) on any phones that have sufficient space or is there a hardware requirement/restriction?
I'm thinking about buying something newer than my current lg l fino.

Apple has been running the occasional clearance event on the iPhone SE for $250 brand new, but they sell out quickly. 4 inch screen.
Other than that, Xz2 Compact is the only non-apple sub-5inch out there.

what's the thinkpad of smartphones?

is it a bad idea to purchase a phone that was used in a shop window?

Has anything come close to surpassing the Moto/g/3?

Redmi Note 4, Mi A1

samsung note 4

Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 4G for 146€?

opinion?

Why šhen the Redmi Note 5 exists?

youtube.com/watch?v=BwSts2s4ba4

Battery on my s6 is shot to shit.
Looking for a phone
>can take nice pitures
>headphone jack preferred but nort required
>good battery life
>I use AT&T USA
>wireless charging is a plus, also not required
>less than 700dollars

Finally bought the s9+
Feels incredible, lads

Pixel 1

Wait for S10

Wall builder here.
Moving from a Lumia 640 as it just gave up the ghost this morning. What's a good cheapo phone that can run your average weeb shit on it.

Notched phones are a joke
remember if you're buying a notched phone, especially some 1000$ flagship, your're a disgusting unlikable pleb
just wait 2 years and there will be notch-less phones and this cringe will look nauseating even to normies
maybe in 20 years people will start ironically enjoying them because of nostalgia so theres your only hope of resale value

pretty redpilled user
the only phone you should buy at this moment

surely so the s9 series price goes down, right user?
you aren't seriously considering a phone with a hole in it's screen ...are you?

Redmi Note 5/6 Pro/7

an s10 will be like 1600 euros
i would recomend the one plus 6t mclaren

Thanks for the suggestion. They seem to fit my requirements. I've heard Xiaomi smartphones are troublesome to root, though (involves e-mailing them personal details). Did that change?

Nope, welcome to China

Wow. Much more intuitive than just clicking on it.

Wew, that's unfortunate. Do you know how the performance compared to a Galaxy S7 Edge?

There is zero real difference between a 128gb/6gb 6t and a mclaren zoomer edition 6t that costs more for no good reason
fucking hell stop being such a brainlet
could have waited for less than a month more for the prices to drop

>There is zero real difference between a 128gb/6gb 6t and a mclaren zoomer edition 6t that costs more for no good reason

The difference is the larger ram and flash storage worsen battery life.

>more ram
6gb is plenty, 8gb is a meme and absolutely overkill
>flash storage worsen battery life
?

The cheapest model will be 749€ or 799€ IIRC, probably the same in USD (so $749/799)

>involves e-mailing them personal details). Did that change?
Yes, you don't need to email them anymore. You just make an account and download the Mi Unlock program to unlock the bootloader. There's a 3 day wait time to unlock with the Note 4. As the Mi A1 is an Android One device none of that applies, you can simply unlock the bootloader straight away through fastboot, no permission or code required.

>XZ4 is a meme
>OnePlus 7 will be chink garbage with a worse camera than the S9+/Note 9
>Pixel 4 will be worth it only if they don't notch up the base model, get a better battery and really improve the camera
>the rest aren't even worth mentioning
so do I buy the Note 9 this year

Thanks, did some research and found that it's really easy to unlock the Mi A1.
Performance-wise, do you know how it compares with the S7 Edge? I'd want to keep using it for at least four years.

galaxy s4 hand me down just gave up the ghost
>Redmi Note 7
>Redmi Note 5
Which of these? I don't game, just browse a bit. Don't even use a phone that much over the PC

PIXEL 3 LITE WHEN

Are there any water resistant phones that arent a bitch to service?

I guess Tablets are close enough to a phone, so i figured id ask. Whats a good Tablet these days to use?
My old Samsung Tab 2 died recently and i wanna try something new

Attached: 1549018372433.jpg (1024x574, 107K)

Why is progress fucking glacial in the phone world? When will I get something not a candy bar?

Dude are you insane? The progress smartphones have experienced in the last ten years is unprecedented in technology, fucking laptops still have 720p on most models but you can get an amazing 1440p phone with no bezels, a fingerprint scanner, a great camera, etc for cheap.

MiPad 4

My Redmi note 5 AI keeps randomly switching off after I lock it.

Does anyone have any ideas for what is causing this? I thought installing a new ROM would fix this but it didn't. I'm starting to think I may need to replace the battery.

So annoying!

ipad 9.7 2018 edition esp if u can get it for 230 bucks. its the best no doubt

bump

Someone was shilling an alternative web browser the other day from fdroid, I can't remember the name, what was it called?

I've been rocking the Redmi Note 4 for almost 2 years now, lately I've been noticing the bad reception the phone has, fucking drops to 2G for no reason. It seems that Xiaomi devices are known for this issues but they are really cheap and aside for the signal issue, it's been holding on pretty good. Anyways, I'm looking for a smartphone with this requirements:
>Good LTE reception
>Headphone jack
>Big battery
>Big screen
Don't care about notch and any of that stuff. Plz help.

Attached: IMG-20180718-WA0009.jpg (594x594, 26K)

LG V30/V35, Oneplus 6 if limited to American LTE

>Wew, that's unfortunate. Do you know how the performance compared to a Galaxy S7 Edge?
Don't go for the Snapdragon 625. At least go for a Xiaomi with the Snapdragon 636. That should give you good performance and the price difference is negligible.

>so do I buy the Note 9 this year
No, you wait until it drops to around $400 and more custom ROMs arrive.
If you're in no hurry, wait for the Redmi Note 7 Pro. That should be a worthwhile upgrade to the Redmi Note 5.

Kek, you cant.

Nexus 7

What's the best app to use your phone as a PC mic? When I google I just get WO Mic. There's ads in it and the volume control is locked behind a paywall.