Would it be possible to setup a decent gaming pc under 500$?

Would it be possible to setup a decent gaming pc under 500$?

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZkKgjy
pcpartpicker.com/list/BKrfZR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Depends what your definition of decent is. You can play 20 year old games on a Pi.

Not unless you can snag some amazing used hardware.

At that price point you're probably best off getting an APU + a higher capacity PSU for a dedicated GPU when you're done being poor.

Easy.
You in upstate new york? I saw a fx-8350 & rx560 rig going for $350 "obo" and has 16gb ram, 500 gig ssd, comes with keyboard and mouse... so just buy a cheapo monitor and voila gaming pc runs all your zoomed fortnite garbage and other new games too

> decent
> fx-anything
lmao, friend

not really into fortnite or any of the zoomer crap more or less was aiming for doom 2016 already got keyboard mouse basically just the desktop it's self cpu power supply and video card really also already have a good 500 WD hard drive

Pick up an Ivy or newer workstation, embetter the PSU, and stick in that cheapo blue RX 580. SSDs recommended but can come later.

yeah, buy the ps4 for $200

>fx-8350
stop shilling your craiglist listing

Found a a thrown away Xeon PC from a factory from the year 2012 I changed the thermals and cleaned away the dust and it worked. I put in a gpu and use it for gaming.

ryzen 5 2600 ($160), rx 570 ($160), some mobo ($100), a cheap case ($30), and a semi-modular psu ($50). (cheaper than a fully modular psu, but the only non-modular cables are for mobo and cpu)

if you live near a microcenter you'll do even better, buying mobo+cpu together there will knock $40 off

Here's my build can run games on 4k was around 500$

Insignia 550 Watt 80 PLUS Bronze PSU Power Supply
AsRock A320M Pro4 AM4 Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Quad Core CPU Processor
DDR4 RAM Memory
AMD Radeon RX 580 GPU Graphics Card

i actually do live near one and thanks for the advice

nice specs I've always been on intel but i owned a few damn good AMD's

whoops forgot ram - if you need more pricing wiggle room, knock the ryzen 5 down to a ryzen 3.
and yes, microcenter will save you $$. make a list beforehand, walk to the counter, rattle off parts, anything that's cheaper buy then and there, anything else there's newegg/amazon

It's actually possible for $200

Used 790 mini tower optiplex: $100

Used Rx 570: $100

HOWEVER until you get an upgraded PSU you have to run the card at 900 MHz and UV as much as you can else it will not function.

That said for $30 you can get 430W evga PSU.

Maybe if you buy used

I played all my stuff with FX8320 @ 3.8ghz and 280x, that is including BF4, BF1, csgo, nfs2k15, gtav, warframe and few more games. Most of it was on high or maxed out.
Just cause you are spoiled and don't know shit doesn't make you right.
If you can get ryzen 2400g and 8gb 3000mhz ram and upgrade later to 560-570 (or even 1060 if you save up) that would be best. At this price range you don't want to look at intel unless you don't want to buy gpu and use integrated for some time (aka no games).
You could get older system with fx or i5 4th gen with something like 960 or 280x-290x if you don't plan on upgrading it. My suggestion would be to save up more or buy gpu later.

What a retarded build. That 1200 will bottleneck the 580 like hell, it'll perform like a 560 at best.

If you live in a place with good prices like the US and are only talking about the tower, you can easily do it under $500 if you shop smart.

Not nowadays, at least new. Whatever you get will either cause you some trouble (bottlenecking, low quality PSU leading to issues in the future, etc) or have to be used. At that point I'm not being silly here, you might as well grab yourself a console and a cheap laptop.

Hell I would say 500 are "ok" for a PC without taking the GPU in account.

>fx

Attached: laughingwhores.jpg (600x536, 81K)

A used workstation + GTX 980 is better than "decent" and is attainable for that price.

>bottleneck boogeyman

Attached: 1539356228413.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

>FX 8350
OH NO NO NO NO

Did the same exact thing only with a 970 SSC and every game I throw at it has been no challenge. Plus the workstation CPU is real nice for Photoshop, Vegas, and my audio processing and rendering needs.

>cpu bottleneck
>at 4k

while its true the cpu is a bottleneck, it still runs better than current consoles

Yes.
>8 gb of RAM
>1050 TI
>i5 CPU or AMD.
This alone would be less than 300$ if you keep your expectations low.

>an ivy bridge i5 optiplex with a windows 10 license costs less than a new windows 10
You guys wren't kidding about how much of a deal this is. Not even for gaymen, just with a decent psu, this can last for years as a cheap productivity pc. With a 1050ti, it's a great 1080p vidya machine.

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZkKgjy tried my best you could splurge for a cooler case or HDD you need to OC with that cooler

>fx

Attached: laughing-hysterically-540x360.jpg (540x360, 54K)

Sure it is. Just recently, after not playing video games for several years, I picked up an Optiplex 990 for $100, which came with 8 gigs of RAM, an i7-2600 and Windows 10 pre-installed. I got a used GTX 1060 3GB (lol) for $100, a new 500W PSU for $40, and a Crucial BX-500 128gb for $22 (to use as the boot drive, keeping the Dell's 500GB hard drive for storage). I'm into this machine for about $262, not including taxes. And the thing runs pretty damn well. The worst performance I've seen so far (aside from Stellaris just being Stellaris) was roughly ~50-60 fps on Assassin's Creed Origins.

I think a lot of these people took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 back when that was still a thing. I wish I had, since I'm not stuck with Win 7 on my T510. But yes, nabbing one of those old workstations with a valid Win 10 license is worth your while if you're cheapfagging it.

>gaming
>amd & radeon

lmao, fucking kill yourself

Fair enough but maybe niggas should get some more cheddar before making their burgers

pcpartpicker.com/list/BKrfZR

if you have a microcenter near you the 1600 can be had for $100.

you really want a locked I3 and a 1050ti that bad? I'm a shill when it's true, AMD wins for the budget people

>buying anything intel below a 9600k
>buying anything nvidia below a 1070

Attached: 1486856944571.gif (235x177, 1.21M)

I agree. I'm still rockin an FX-8300 @4.2ghz and a rx 580.