ITT: technology you own that has lasted you 20+ years (or close to it)

ITT: technology you own that has lasted you 20+ years (or close to it)

I first used this mouse to play quake on my dad's windows 98 pc when i was 6 years old. now i am 26, and this same mouse has seen me through all those years. I thought it was dead on its 19th year but now it works like new, just had to clean some dust out of the USB connector.

Attached: my baby.jpg (605x492, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/Microsoft-IO1-1-IE-3-0-IntelliMouse-Explorer-Edition-USB-Wired-FPS-game-Mouse/254099019050
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My daily alarm clock, ca. 1971... older than me.

Attached: 1kJqlge.jpg (4854x2427, 1.83M)

I can only find this mouse for $100 used. Is it worth it?

no

Braun 8583, use it every day and have only replaced the blades a single time in 19 years, its ridiculous.

Attached: 1546639838034.jpg (380x380, 10K)

Hell no.

Looks great too. Have you refurbished/deep cleaned it?

tfw when I was 18 playing quake and you were 3

Attached: 1309710615592.jpg (640x541, 90K)

>Braun
Based

Attached: IMG_20170728_184011_576.jpg (429x429, 60K)

had same mouse but it died after 6 years. Was very good

I miss the days before planned obsolescence.

the intellimouse. using it right now but it's not as white as this. it has turned yellow due to the aging plastic. still works 100%.

>$100 used
what the fuck? it wasn't that long ago people were throwing them into the trash. you can buy them off of newegg for around $30.

Logitech MX500, almost 17 years old
Love this mouse.
When the paint wore off I just re painted it.
Also replaced the glides with new ones

we all do, user. this is why some of us hold on to our gear for much longer periods than we should or even need to.

Washing machines often die after 2 to 4 years, and the indystry want it that way.

my washing machine started breaking a few weeks ago. 25+ years old, just stop moving clothes around, but it still fills up and spin dry works. i just have to wash by hand in the machine. no dramas, as i have fuck all clothes and live by myself. i thought 25+ years was a really decent run. i fear i shall not get such a lifespan out of newer machines.

Cmon, you can buy some good old brand washing machine in a thrift store for petty pennies. Don't waste energy on washing clothes manually, it is just not worth it.

I was always wondering if you have to use special paint for these kind of surfaces since they are in constant contact with the skin, like dermatologist approved or something.

I have cleaned it, yes. It was pretty grimy when I got it (pic related) but otherwise undamaged. This clock is somewhat unique in that I had to desolder the soft-touch snooze button to detach it from the rest of the mechanism for cleaning. Most of the flip clocks in my collection have been in the same condition, and just needed a little TLC.

Attached: s-l1600 (3).jpg (1600x1200, 210K)

Seagate Barracuda ES 400GB 7200rpm
Still rocking two of them in RAID-0 since 2005, for OS & Games

this mouse didn't come out till 2001 you retard so you are larping

you prob found out about these mice 16months to 2 years ago.

This. Also nothing was USB 20 years ago.

Also those optical mice, while cool, didnt tend to last more than a few years of 'gaming' use. I had an original intellimouse explorer that lasted a year, then several generations of ms intellimouses, and none of them lasted more than 3 years.

Your Mom, 20 years in, little rusty but still works fine

Attached: laught.jpg (397x391, 67K)

Same mouse without the side buttons, used it to play rayman on my dad's computer when i was 6. I'm 23 now and I've inherited it, 17 years later it still works like new. Are they still being made ? I'd like to buy another one and be set for life.

>over 20 years ago
>USB
Stop larping.

4 years is all I got out of mine way back. Picked it up at circuit city's going out of business sale.
Had to cut the cord and remove 4 inches or so that were right at the mouse and resolder it to get that last year.
I killed it on accident when i spilled acetone on my desk and melted it's lens. Otherwise it may have been still working, if i kept replacing it's cord.

My rubber dome keyboard and Nintendo 64.

Attached: yellow.jpg (1333x1000, 674K)

My fat PS2. Still use it to this day.

this is what happens when you hulk smash your shit to oblivion when you get beaten by other players.

Or just what happens with normal wear and tear on the cord, grime build up in the shitty micro-switches, worn wheel grooves, swollen capacitors, etc. Sure, if you're meticulous and replace switches on a $40 mouse i guess it would last a lot longer.

Yeah, nah, my intellimouse 3.0 is 8 years old so far.

Stop beating shit when you get rekt man, its not healthy, get a pillow or some shit

it's teh most overrated meme i've seen posted here.
please don't take offense to this, but why are you still on this website?
i'm 28 and don't want to be here when i'm your age.

i have an mx518 i won at a UT2K4 tournament LAN that still works
i did have to replace the cable once though.

mine is only slightly yellowed. i dont know how to be honest.

Sennheiser HD600 i bought in year 2000

i may have miscalculated, i cant remember the exact age i started using it.
one thing is for certain is i'm using the same one from my dads 98 computer i grew up on. it has been with me for my entire computing life, since i first using computers. thats gotta be at least 15 years then, not sure how many exactly though. i wish i could ask my dad how old i was when he first let me use the computer, but i dont speak to him anymore. one thing is true, for my whole life i dont remember using any other mouse on any of the home computers i used.

Interesting, the PS2 was the console I had the least luck with. I only used mine until the PS3 came out and I got a backwards-compatible one, and in that time I went through three or four PS2s, at least two fats and one slim.

My N64 still works and is in relatively frequent use (my younger brother has it at his place and he and his friends play Goldeneye, Smash, etc. on it it when he has parties), and as of the last time I tried them my PSX and SNES still work fine too.

>projecting /v/ rage on people who don't /v/

ebay.com.au/itm/Microsoft-IO1-1-IE-3-0-IntelliMouse-Explorer-Edition-USB-Wired-FPS-game-Mouse/254099019050

Drink bleach and shoot yourself in the mouth, you fucking failed abortion.

u mad?
bit triggered there mate?

I honestly don't know when it came out to be honest I think I got one in late 2000

Fairly sure Microsoft released them with windows xp but they might have come out afue months before xp launch

I have a gameboy color my parents bought for me in 1998 still working fine

I cheated my way in and bough this bad boi a while back!. -.

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x426, 18K)

why?

Attached: Clown.png (512x512, 112K)

I have the exact mouse of the opening post

But not sure if this is 20 year old yet

checked & keked

Attached: 1497881080237.jpg (854x640, 100K)

I used to play UT2k4 all day
Miss those days.

It's painted with motorcicle paint

>Osbourne
based uwu

Seagate 7200.11. Ironically being the one with firmware that shat bricks.

how is this copypasta still working

Great mouse. Look into zowie ec series for same shape but better sensor if it decides to die on you

My SNES. My dad bought it in 1991 as the first thing after marriage, and gave it to me in 2004 when I was 3. Still works just fine. I also have another one that I got in a giveaway and that also works.

(Am 18, can post, shut)

you're here forever faggot