How do we fix StackOverflow?

How do we fix StackOverflow?

Attached: 1547996125493.png (720x502, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/54505438/i-want-the-count-variable-to-increase
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do you have a cure for autism?

By not having points and medals and all that bullshit. People get anal about duplicates and other shit because they get rewarded for it.

Also if they want to treat it like a library of solved questions and not just another support forum they need a non-shit search and better organization of solved questions.

I don't even mind they being anal about duplicated, if the questions were actual duplicates.

Sometimes you say you've already seen the other posts, and they don't apply to your problem, they look the same but they're not—but it doesn't matter, because they're just farming points and will close your post.

make it anonymous

There is literally nothing you can do to fix it but to burn it down and start over from scratch.

do you have the jquery one

Anyone else find when they ask a question on Stack Overflow they get these two situations:

1. Pretentious, condescending answer and a down vote on your question even though you were genuinely curious or unable to find the answer elsewhere

2. Totally different method that you cannot use (like OPs pic) or is way more convoluted that it’s not even worth it?

I get nervous asking questions on there

I gave up on that long ago.
You literally tell them in detail why you need to do it way a and that option b, c, or d are not viable in your scenario. Income the 20 condescending answers calling you retarded and telling you to just use x instead. Then the faggot inbred mods close it as a duplicate and link you to a question that has no answers.
Why do people keep using shitoverflow again?

>Why do people keep using shitoverflow again?
poos and east coast "dev"s

We fix github.

I just don't. I'll search for a couple of minutes, and if I don't find a solution I'll ask on IRC instead, people are a lot more friendly there. I'll often stay around and answer other people's questions, feels a lot better than on Stack

>I'll often stay around and answer other people's questions
Absolutely based. Please marry me.

Attached: 1530809483663.jpg (439x164, 24K)

Yuuph.

Yeah because if it wasn't already bad enough, we need a bunch of people just calling the OP a faggot and name calling eachother

>we need a bunch of people just calling the OP a faggot and name calling eachother
This is unironically much better than the actual state of SO

there's nothing wrong with stack overflow.
the only people triggered by it are alliterate redit soiboys who think a support forum must include star wars references and fart jokes every two posts.

>I'll ask on IRC instead
I thought IRC was dead. What channel? I never use discord cause I'm disgusted by the weebs and furries

Why are you here if it's so bad

stackoverflow.com/questions/54505438/i-want-the-count-variable-to-increase

>alliterate
You did that on purpose.

Attached: 1525913172853.gif (200x155, 120K)

>Maybe we could help if you posted the code
>I literally cannot even comprehend your question without reading a code example in which your question is relevent

>You have a small syntax error in your question
> I am going to completely ignore your question and drill down on the small mistake instead

>ask something on some IRC channel
>999 idlers that don't even see the question

Because not every website should be the same as every other website.

Sometimes the wrong answers are voted to the top, but generally when I need to look up some API call or syntax thing in a language I'm not as familiar with, StackOverflow has the right answer somewhere.

>By not having points and medals and all that bullshit.
without them theres no incentive. sites like fb, reddit, so on are only big because they reward you with meaningless numbers. the inverse is why 4channel is so big, but also why 4channel clones tend to fail

>here's your new stackoverflow bro

Attached: 2363909.jpg (385x474, 124K)

That's no worse than any other forum. I don't care if the people responding are dweebs as long as they answer the question.

>>that must drive you bananas
>CARLOS
>nice
>lmao
>based
>my fucking sides user

every fucking thread

Reduce the human element and turn it into a giant solution search engine from hell.

>Why are you here if it's so bad
that's not what he's saying. he's saying there's a time and place for everything. calling each other faggots and niggers needs to stay here, your problems with stackoverflow are arbitrary so get to the back of the line. SO has served me well, hush

Attached: 1539468019645.png (1024x874, 48K)

Will you accept my 6inch dick up your ass?

I'll look up "LANGUAGE/FRAMEWORK irc" in Google and try to find an official one, if nothing found, try freenode, if still nothing, maaaybe quakenet but I don't remember using it for anything programming.

Get rid of the CoCk

This can't be real.

>someone asks a question
>answers are the longest, most convoluted solutions possible
>know a better way but I don’t have an account so I never post anything
my knowledge is mine only

>getting this triggered over a fake image
gnu-males will get mad at anything.

i google for the answers and sometimes this site appears, the answer to the question is always OP answering him self wtf

10: Search "Howto A" on Google
20: every result is a stack overflow post smugly telling OP he should have searched for "Howto A" on Google instead of wasting other peoples' time
30: GOTO 10

brutal

>GOTO

>smugly
>I am going to completely ignore your question
>I literally cannot even comprehend your question
>Pretentious, condescending answer

literally never happens. you're just flinging shit based on 'muh feelings'.

are you teenage girls?

>only question I ever needed to ask on stack overflow was a bug that's never been fixed in a js library
Oh well

They're common responses to pajeet level questions.