What fucking morons buys zinc carbon batteries?

What fucking morons buys zinc carbon batteries?

Attached: download.png (600x600, 177K)

They're cheap and work fine for low draw devices like remotes, carbon monoxide detectors and calculators.

They're useful for when the thing doesn't need much power but is likely to need the batteries inside all the time, like a wall clock or the remote for a seldom used TV.

You still end up paying more for the energy inside a zinc battery than you would've if you just bought a cheap alkaline of the same brand

> cheap alkaline
*leaks*
Heh, nothing personnel kid...

They are better for the environment. I've never seen them sold in my country.

>>finally get my foot in the door with a junior dev position a year after getting my CS degree and working at fucking target to pay loans
> >spend my entire working day refactoring code deliverables from other companies utilizing tata consultancy services for their production code
> >code is written in a bizarre nasty creole mix of romanized telugu and english with useless comments everywhere
> >probably 50-70% of the code is completely unusable or unmaintainable and we have to rewrite it from scratch
> >forced to work lots of unpaid overtime, 50-60 hours a week pumping out store backend code for different e-commerce sites
> >barely making more than minimum wage
> >effectively forced to stick around for the experience because no other company would even give me an interview
> >waking up every morning filled with dread
> >going to bed wishing i didn't study to become a fucking computer janitor
what are these

I think youre confusing the chad cheap alkaline with a leaky virgin duracell

I've been using alkaline for ages, and I haven't had any leaking in well over a decade now. In fact, I only really got leaks at the time BEFORE I switched to no-name/supermarket alkaline batteries. I only really had issues with the over-priced brandname shit.

Exactly. What fucking retard walks in the store to buy batteries. Sees alkaline batteries stocked right next to zinc carbon batteries selling at the exact same price. And then thinks to buy the zinc carbon batteries. What is the thought process? Do those people just see the shitty zinc carbon batteries and think "HUR DUR IT SAYS 'SUPER HEAVY DUTY' ON THE PACKET SO I MUST BUY IT." When in reality they are buying batteries which will last them a fraction of the time they would get from batteries sold from the exact same brand at the exact same price.

At the 99cents store, I can buy 8 carbon zincs for a dollar or 4 alkaline.
Guess which one I'm getting.

>Guess which one I'm getting.
The Panasonic Eneloops so you can stop buying batteries

>digital electronics used for charging
enjoy you're botnet

>Eneloops: 2000mAh, high current, 2100++ cycles, will almost never leak (and barely anything to leak if it does), holds 70% charge after 10 years, lasts for decades
>Alkalines: 2200-2600mAh, low current or say good bye to 80% of its capacity, leaks like a motherfucker, dies after a decade, as cheap as ZnCl if bought in bulk, good for gifts where the receiver might throw away perfectly good eneloops
>Heavy Duty (ZnCl): 400-800mAh, even lower current than alkalines, leaks like a trans motherfucker with an anal fistula, dies after less than a decade
>ZnC: 200-400mAh, even lower current than ZnCl, leaks like a trans motherfucker with an anal fistula, fluctuating voltage, bet they don't even make them anymore and are just ZnCl without the retarded "heavy duty" branding

Attached: Rich, Poor, and (you).png (1640x800, 683K)

8*800mAh = 6.4Ah
4*2600mAh = 10.4Ah

Attached: 1395349932163.gif (256x264, 8K)

I buy Duracell 2500mAh AA with no fucks given.

look how many quarters i have

Attached: dimes.jpg (3069x1698, 1008K)

Whats the performance of the eneloops after its first charge, its 1000th charge and its 2100th charge?

>eneloops: 1.2V
>Alkalines: 1.5V
>Heavy Duty: 1.5V
>ZnC: 1.5V
And remember those aren't peak voltages, and that low voltage is usually when the device cuts out, so even though the Eneloops aren't much lower in capacity than Alkalines, they'll always cut out much sooner than Alkalines because they start at a lower voltage.

Attached: Eneloop Partial Cycle Testing.png (978x640, 92K)

mine died after 20 charges

>and that low voltage is usually when the device cuts out,

Hello Batterizer/Batteroo marketing department. Only smoke detectors and thermostats have high voltage cut offs like that, most everything uses 0.9~1.1V.

>Eneloops aren't much lower in capacity than Alkalines, they'll always cut out much sooner than Alkalines because they start at a lower voltage.

At high current (>100mA), eneloops will last longer. Anyone with a wii-mote will testify to this.

Attached: nimh_vs_alkaline.gif (480x360, 5K)

Did you reverse charge it? IE put it in series with topped off battery(s) when it was low?

You can probably recover it with a smart charger.

ZnC work by eating away the outer Zn housing. They're literally designed to leak.

reported to the IRS

my quarters are legal , leave them alone

>getting my CS degree
I am so sorry.
>didn't study to become a fucking computer janitor
Yes you did.

>eneloop
Come on m8 U gotta try harder than that.

Attached: 1491407946021.jpg (187x204, 17K)

oh noes, russia hacked my batteries!

those are only copper nickel sandwiches
real quarters are from before 1965

two of them are printed 1965, does that count ?

1 idiots experience = facts

Because the appear to be cheaper.

Eneloops are low quality Panasonic LMAO

I do know that, but honestly my own margin of reference is super chinkshit alkaline vs dollar store "decent" ZnCl batteries that will take quite a while to physically deteriorate compared to how much charge they have. If you move up a single tier on the alkalines (like those cheap golden Panasonic ones for instance) then they certainly are much better, though it's still more likely for them to leak from age when used on low drain devices, at least from my experience.

not an argument.

just get 18650s!

AS SEEN IN TESLAS WOW

Sometimes I need to take their carbon cores out so I can use them to replace the spent ones in my resistence solderer.

Degrade too fast. LiFePO4 aren't popular enough to make them cheap.

IKEA ladda/GP(rebrand) masterrace!

>not buying eneloop rebrands for quarter the price
just make sure it says they were manufactured in japan

Attached: ikea-ladda-2450mah-rechargeable-battery-4-pack-ikea-ladda-4pack-73f.jpg (600x600, 49K)