I never thought this UI was good back in those days and.. goddamn it, it's beyond words

Fuuuuck. All these feels.

Attached: 494411-windows-media-player.jpg (740x555, 133K)

sounds like you need more flat-design reamed up your virgin asshole

I have to imagine it's a pain in the ass to implement non-uniform models like that. Especially ones that are closer to the graphics than just roughly polygonal underneath.

It was and still is utter trash. All WMP after the classic UI were trash.

It looked like ass then and it looks like ass now.

same with anything that came after Winamp 2.9x

I remember feeling wowed when I would insert a CD and it would provide the actual metadata for the tracks instead of 'Track 1', 'Track 2', etc.

>taskbar not locked
Unacceptable.

abomination

Attached: tenor.gif (200x200, 553K)

I think it was even worse when people had their taskbar scaled up vertically. Looked pig disgusting and wasted so much fucking space.

Looked gay then. Looks gay now.

Windows classic is the classiest theme they've ever made.

You do know you can import PNG files into exe files before compilation, right?

Yes, and...?

it's disgusting you nostalgia goggles faggot

I know this feel, always switched to the classic theme. I can't understand why it doesn't look that bad now. Have we fallen so low?

What I like more is that the built-in programs in Windows XP had a wide variety of features and customization. In Windows 10 you just get a few square buttons cuz everyone is a phone babby now and settings menus and windows trigger them.

>Implying this doesn't look like shit
nostalfags/boomers plz kindly GTFO

Attached: wuh-pish baaaaa.png (950x534, 115K)

>raster graphics
>in an application

Attached: 1532042461973.jpg (446x559, 42K)

It's just nostalgia talking, all that discovery rushing to the brain, the moments..

I think Vista was the most beautiful of them all

Attached: vista_taskbar.png (732x243, 230K)

It's rectangular with transparency. And Windows treats transparent parts as click-through.

Fucking zoomer, GTFO, that UI looks like shit and always did

Attached: SuitMiddleFinger.jpg (225x225, 9K)

you just have pass a mask "image" onto the window creating (or maybe it was a second call after createwindow) to set the region (it works on any element, actual window, button, list, whatever, they are all windows on win32), its pretty effortless

this

Just came here to say for the record, that I think the reason people look back and like this stuff (myself included) is because it's just SOMETHING different.

I'm honestly so fucking tired of "modern design" I don't even know where to being, and it's not just computer interfaces either. I'm fucking sick of seeing movies/shows with retarded color filters applied over them to the point where the whole thing is (believe or fucking not) 2 colors.
I'm tired of seeing games and photos doing the same thing.
And yes, I'm tired of websites and UI's that look like they're trying harder to mimic a fucking painting than they are just to be useful and with clearly separating boundaries between elements.

I don't care if the design in OP's pic looks like shit. I'd take it over another same ol' playing-it-safe flat no-border artistic-UI piece of shit at this point.

That's the default in the XP betas. If you look closely you will also notice that the theme isn't exactly the one included in the final version.

>I think Vista was the most beautiful of them all
Absolutely this. So elegant and pretty.
I will never not be mad at M$ for not porting/recreating their themes in later versions of Windows. At least there's UxTheme and 3rd party themes, but fuck M$ for not providing an official solution.

nostalgia faggots are delusional, that UI looks atrocious.

thats how it works in this bitch