Maybe someone can answer this one... can you program keyboard macros (eg could I program alt+right-arrow...

Maybe someone can answer this one... can you program keyboard macros (eg could I program alt+right-arrow, alt+left-arrow, for moving back/forwards in a browser) on a Logitech G600 mouse with the winblows software, and then plug it into a different OS (such as OpenBSD with FVWM) and have the macros still work? I.e they're not dependant on Winblows drivers or software, they're run by the mouse's processor and stored in the mouse's solid state memory?

Because it has so many buttons you see and maybe that's a good thing, you know, maybe I need one

Attached: g600-hero.png.imgw.2000.2000.png (2000x667, 1.45M)

Yes. It stores it on the memory after you configurr in windows. You can have 3 different profiles too.

Depends on the mouse. Anker ones store it in the mouse firmware. Older Razer mice do it solely through software that need to be running constantly.

Thanks, ok, getting ready to put some money down... does the G600 have any serious competitors/alternatives. It's quite an old mouse, and I've heard of the Razer Naga while researching... is the Razer Naga's functionality similar, ie once you set it up in Winblows you can take it anywhere.

It must have so many uses, eg you highlight some text with it, then press a button macro'd to ctrl+c, then move to wherever and hit the button macro'd to ctrl+v... or have a button macrod to "ctrl+l, ctrl+c" to instantly put a website url into the clipboard... a better way to get around in computer

Attached: computer.jpg (360x264, 26K)

i used a g600 for years and the only flaw is that it suffers from mushy buttons and the dreaded double click after some use. but thats all logitech mice sadly

I have a Naga Hex from 2012, it's software only. As soon as you close the program, the buttons default to 1,2,3,4,5,6.

hmmm ok
Thx for the tip

I see another contender - the Corsair Scimitar (and Corsair Scimitar Pro, which I think was released at the start of 2017)

See the thing about all the G600 competitors is that they don't have a true third button at the top. When the 12 side buttons are under your thumb, that one ring finger button makes a huge difference.
t. has used a variety of "MMO" mice and still prefer the G600

the section at the far right is a third main button?! this is goood, if true

Attached: 312Sh2NymVL._SY450_.jpg (410x450, 10K)

It's not done commonly because you need your ring finger for grip. That's basic human anatomy. Try to bend just your pinky, your ring finger will follow, and that makes accidental clicks very likely.

>he doesn't use a three-finger grip on his mice
Look at this buttonlet

This one has internal memory.

You can setup some macros and keybinds then swap the mouse over to a new PC build with no OS and it still recognize your old keybinds even at the BIOS menu.

It's all stored on the mouse itself not in the cloud.

Attached: Redragon.jpg (465x388, 21K)

Can you tilt the scroll wheel?

Attached: 1549284591090.jpg (640x563, 31K)

If I wanted to I can tilt it.

G600 has flash memory for macros.
You can store up to 3 whole "sets" and map one button (typically one below the wheel that you're never likely to hit by accident) to rotate between them. This is also a legitimate use of the thumb button array RGB lighting, since you can disambiguate each set with whatever color you want. Beyond that, each set can assign a button (often the ring finger top button panel) as a pseudo-shift key into a sub-layer with each of the other buttons given some secondary assignment.

Even if you stick to one set and its single sub-layer (maybe using other 2 for games or some specialty application), you can get around 30 macros. You can even make macros around atypical but standard keys like F13-F24 that are unlikely to be registered to other software bindings, then use host-side scripting software (e.g. AutoHotKey) to trigger off of those in application-specific actions.

About the only thing that has annoyed me somewhat is that wheel tilt is not directly assignable as a button action even though the wheel does physically tilt and count as two extra programmable buttons. I needed to register the tilting as F13/F14 then use AHK to translate that into WheelLeft/WheelRight.

There's "scroll left/right", I'm not an expert on mouse input but isn't that what tilting a (non-programmable) wheel normally does?

Logitech mice (that I have used) have two modes.
If you are running the software, it runs the profile stored on that.
If you are not running the software, it uses internal memory.
However, the internal memory can't use some features provided by the software, e.g., lua scripting.
These run completely on internal memory.
The model is some sort of chinkware that other companies rebrand; they even use the same driver software.
I have stocked 3 of these mice (from different brands) because they break quickly but are really good and still cheaper than logitech.
Currently using pic related (not shilling, the pictured company doesn't even sell these anymore).

Attached: 19816_pictures_package_front_1.png (589x799, 499K)

In Logitech Gaming Software 9.0 it's not a selectable entry in the Customize Buttons -> Command Editor -> Mouse Function action list.
My only options:
- M1/M2/M3
- Back/Forward
- DPI Up/Down/Shift/Cycling/Default
- Mode Switch
- G-Shift

What software version are you using?

t. different user.

Attached: Untitled.png (593x707, 47K)

what mouse? don't see any g-shft/mode switch, so that menu's maybe device specific?

I actually took the screenshot from my keyboard settings since I figured they'd be the same.
Plugged in my old G300s and got this.

Attached: Untitled.png (593x707, 34K)

This, I mapped all my extra mouse buttons to the F13-F24 keys, then use Autohotkey to make use of them

Checked

Somewhat related question for Elecom owners, is there anything besides x-mouse that lets you use more than 5 buttons for gaming?