Why were white men of yore so much better at designing user interfaces?

Why were white men of yore so much better at designing user interfaces?

Attached: 1543593896581.png (1024x768, 74K)

The computers went wrong when you made them for niggers. That's when it went wrong. It's like how many people, it's like, "Ugh it's a command line.." Ah, fuck you man. White people don't mind it, ok? The white people are like, "Yeah it's a command line. So what's your point?" The niggers are all like, "Nooo! We don't like the command line!" Here's the difference in a white person and a nigger: Do you like the command line? Ok, you're a nigger. Fuck you. Get the fuck out

Attached: 1549253163116.png (2048x1536, 505K)

Wow, konqi has got a lot cuter in recent years. Based tyson tan.

>Kandalf

Actual behavioral scientists (e.g. Danny Oran) worked on old UI alongside the developers and engineers, not Indians who majored in graphic design.

How can I go back

At least haiku picked up were be os left

Konqi was european back in the day.
Now it is replaced by chinchon, not kool

based psychographic terry poster

it's like waking up from hibernation 50 years in future... there is just no chance for Haiku to be anything more than hobby neckbeard OS with weak Linux ABI compatibility. ignorants

better attention span

I have a deep love for hobby OSs like Haiku, ReactOS and BSD
They won't ever get much market share but they make it anyway

Even guys with literal microkernels are laughing at modern UIs

Attached: 1525815463204.png (1280x1024, 109K)

Bourne-Again SHell was invented by this man.

Attached: 767px-BrianJFox.png (767x1024, 1023K)

Attached: 1547856845.gif (614x456, 51K)

I completely agree, and its really a shame.
The devs should make haiku a completely new linux userland, and they would succeed and possibly make a lot of cash, but instead they focus on the wrong thing that nobody needs.

that's a white man with a tan

he's a big guy

4 U

>this guy comes up to you and BASHes your computer
what do?

^C and if that doesnt work ^Z

Bash was invented by a dark skinned white man

What’s your point

That looks awful. There's no contrast between UI elements. Also what the fuck do half the icons at the bottom do?

100% phoenician phenotype

But now everything is an app with huge, colorful and dumbed down icons wasting precious screen space that could've been used for displaying actual useful information that would make my job faster, efficient and straightforward, all so it looks "cool" and "hipster" and "modern".
Look at this shit, it can't even. What am I supposed to do with this?
It just takes longer to do and find the things I want plus it consumes more resources.

Attached: apps-view.png (940x529, 488K)

No idea, I just think it looks cool.

kde3.5.12 was peak design.

>as if you can't reskin your os

Attached: deskmateabout.png (640x480, 7K)

Opening photoshop now:
> windows key
> "pho"
> enter

Opening Photoshop in the "good ol' days":
> click Start
> click Programs
> click Adobe
> click Photoshop
> try to click photoshop launcher, but overshoot a bit and click the uninstaller
> click Cancel
> click Start again
> click Programs again
> click Adobe again
> click Photoshop again
> click the Photoshop launcher

Opening Photoshop if you aren't a retard
>click the Photoshop button on your taskbar

>I search for what I want before resorting to asking
Now I know why people can't do anything for themselves, they think that it will come on a silver platter

What is a desktop shortcut?

Or maybe admit modern UIs are better

>opening firefox through the command line
>fir[tab]
>autocomplete
>enter

>opening firefox with gnome shell
>click the menu button
>wait for all the shit to load
>click on the search field
>type firefox and look for the firefox between all the crap that is in there
>find it and move your pointer to the huge firefox icon
>click it to open

It's a sample image for a UI toolkit and theme manager. The default is made with the lowest end machines in mind, that would be limited to 16 colours at that resolution (and the colour scheme used in the picture only uses 8).
Luckily it's all fully customizable to the users preference.

Same applies to the icons on the bottom. Guess they were just put there are a sample, IIRC it's just a docklet/launcher kind of program that can be set to be at different layers of the desktop (Workbench more accurately in this case).

>opening firefox with gnome shell
>press win/super key
>fire...
>enter
or
>alt+f2
>firefox
>enter

Why would you open firefox though command line? It would start debug output in that terminal.
At least use dmenu or something

UIs used to be made with utility in mind, get the job done, make it clear how to do stuff. Now it's "Make it look really pretty and minimalist because fuck actual design I'll just round the corners on everything and use a plain single color background" yet somehow costs more in system resources to render and run. Nu-designers need to be shot.

While that's a little bit exaggerated but it true. No need to use stupid "quicklaunch" icons or making shortcuts. Any program or document (if you use DE from this decade) is just that one button + part of the name. So much better than we ever had before.

This is the whitest Italian I've ever seen.