Have you ever stopped distro hopping?

Have you ever stopped distro hopping?
I had a severe distro hoppinh addiction for around two years which wasted a lot of time.
I still have the urge but I've learned to deal with my addiction but never really fully refcovered

Attached: 1410484332049.png (400x600, 290K)

Just install debian and start doing some work

I have, nothing compares to Solus for me.
Just a quick look elsewhere with my criteria, shows there is not much else out there for me except Linux Mint.

I've been using Ubuntu 16.04 since it was released.

just move over to windows and your problems are over

This
Install Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise Long Term Servicing Channel

Arch made me stop, mostly because I put a lot of work into creating my setup and couldn't be arsed to move to a new workflow. It didn't hurt that

Ultimately, distrohopping comes from a warped/incorrect view of what makes distros different. Default environments aren't what's important: the packages and general package management are the big things, along with how certain important files (various /etc/ crap) are handled by default. Distrohopping is only really "useful" to an advanced user who understands the importance of these things -- exactly the sort of advanced user who'd already realize that even those big things aren't important enough to make you overhaul a workflow that you like.

i've been on arch for 7 years now, but i'm tempted to try out void

i settled for manjaro after i tried manjaro, debian, fedora, void and ubunto. everything works, great selection of software, no driver issues. it literally just werks.

what does void offer what arch doesnt? runit?

runit, musl
i've been more or less happy with systemd, but it has also been a long time since i've used anything else, and runit isn't as basic as sysvinit
it's got enough interesting points to make me want to at least try it, i might be wasting my time though, i've only started considering it today, and i haven't done anything yet

i have tried void a bit, it sure boots fast as fuck. but i would miss AUR too much to make the switch.

the AUR and package availability is honestly my biggest concern
arch just having everything, and being able to throw up the couple things it doesn't on my own is absolutely invaluable, and i don't really like the idea of going back to needing to manually install lots of not-very-common things
as it is i have 100 packages from the AUR installed... i am the type that uses and tries a lot of not-so-common things

not really I've never distro hopped, I just switched from manjaro to gentoo once

I legit deal with it by using macOS and Windows 10 instead. This way it's harder to rice/experiment which keeps my urges in check.

> choosing inferior, less configurable solution on purpose
not even sure how i feel about this desu

use arch on laptop, desktop, and server since 2013
last month, when they updated mariadb and some libs where missing, I thought about switching again.
but that would mean switching all PCs, since I want shit to be consistent.

if I ever do I'll probably go to opensuse
but I'm lazy as fuck, so probably not gonna happen

I have found everything I want in a distro on MX Linux, just works and no systemd.

Yeah, i have been using debian for the last five years and i think i am sold on it, except for having Systemd, and I changed to a fork without Systemd a while ago.

Link to the fork? And does it work with proprietary hardware. Ex: wifi card?

Stopped at Linux Mint Xfce.

I stopped at Arch.
I'm tempted to try parabola but I don't have any Atheros wifi cards for my laptop that work with 5GHz.

bedrock hijacked on void

yeah, I have been using Fedora on my desktop for about 4 years now. I am thinking about switching to another distro though. My laptop still changes to different distros every once in awhile.

just fuckin run Arch like good lord

Attached: Screenshot_20190202-020206_YouTube.jpg (1341x1224, 838K)

Debian stable and OpenBSD

Wasted a lot of time distro hopping with meme distros recommended by Jow Forums until I settled on fedora after getting comfy with red hat at work.

Yes. Arch on my laptops, Funtoo on my workstations and server.

this

This ended my distro hopping

Attached: MX Linux.png (1200x1200, 47K)

Yes and No?

I use Ubuntu when I'm doing work. I'm working on switching to either Gentoo or Void though. Other than that I don't plan to move to anything else.

he’s probably talking about devuan.

you stop distro hopping when you're actually using linux for something. as far as work is concerned literally the only thing that separates one distro from another is the default package manager and the time it takes to install. when you're on the clock nothing else matters

all i can really say as far as preference is that the main ubuntu distro is fuckin garbage now, it was already garbage after killing gnome 2 but killing unity made it even worse, so just use something like xubuntu/lubuntu/ubuntu mate/etc. and stick with it i guess. at home personally though i use antergos

Just install Arch.

I fell in love with Mandriva circa 2008 or so, and used it exclusively for the next few years until they went bust.
For that brief period, Mandriva was unquestionably the most impressive out-the-box desktop experience, and I've never seen anything as impressive ever since.

Attached: b4a.jpg (2048x1477, 411K)

I'm not sure what to tell you. It's a way of stopping myself from fiddling with things that doesn't matter. It's the same reason I haven't used a custom ROM in years for my phone.

If you can use Linux or custom roms or whatever without wasting tons of time configuring stuff, more power to you!

>just use shit