/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>IEM / in-ear / earbuds / earphone advice here :
Previous thread:

Attached: d2a9a4b912c4377e8c8eff27f7343548.jpg (2042x2883, 1.25M)

Summary user here. Daily reminder of the state of this whole thread in 2019:
>Delusional HD600 shills that legitimately, unironically believe they made good purchases. Bonus points if they say "92!" which is code word for "You and i know we made a horrible mistake but we shouldn't say it openly because that would mean accepting we fell for the meme"
>ZMF shill that will only post "BIO-CELLULOSE DRIVERS" or a shitpost with random nonsense about ZMF not being wooden beats. Again, people that spent WAY too much and wont admit it made a mistake. Bonus, the ZMF defense force that will drown your post with nonsense so it disappears quickly
>Every user asking what's your gear to prove you aren't Sapphire/Nikita
>Haafee shill recommending the same shitty headphone to anyone too poor to afford something better or too lazy to buy CALs
>Harman Army that instead of focusing on what is good about Harman, like slow and gradual attempts to improve their "preferred target" or finding that people prefer different bass levels consistently, decide to spread lies like "Harman is objective and it's impossible to like it" or "Totally not murder niggerbass on the default target".
>Audeze fanboy posting no pictures because they couldn't get one in before their "headphones" fell apart in tiny pieces. They try to defend their headphones without mentioning sound quality
>People who unironically, in 2019, are buying Beyers ignoring how the company went to shit along with everything they make many moons ago. Still better than the Sennshill army though.
>Shitposters trying to make you believe STAX is a meme. Exactly 3 of them that appear and disappear at the same time every day.
>Only 1 dude posting about the "superior Planar THD" that even he himself knows its a meme

STAX confirmed the best headphone brand.

Gimme a quick rundown on the Fostex T50RP MK3.
I'd really like to dip my feet into planars and electrostatics.

You make me want to buy HD600s.

>T50RP
Any headphone that needs excessive insane mods to make it sound remotely good is probably not a good purchase. The T50RP had so many mods that 3 entire fucking companies grew out of modding it. Go think about how many other headphones needed so many mods to compensate for being shit out of the box that entire companies formed out of modding them.

But people do that for other electronics, guns, and cars.

Most of the time I see people only posting graphs and never having listened to the headphones as the same kinds of people who only look at 0-60 times for cars.

If you think headphones are a comparable industry to any of those you're in the wrong thread.

have fun with your buyer's remorse. You already had a preconceived idea of joining the ranks of "planars" not understanding that it's impossible to build a good planar on the cheap. It's like a poorfag asking "where can I buy cheap pure gold jewelry?" for some reason people consistently expect any sort of technology to be affordable and good at any price.
No, it's not.
Cheap planars are not good and it's not questionable.

I never said i expected cheap planars to be good.
I asked how they were.
A modding community doesn't make something bad.

Attached: 1442351080157.jpg (400x225, 22K)

*sniffs*

>I asked how they were.
They distort more than $50 headphones.

Serious question, I jumped on the last KS for the 58x and an not impressed with them. I also removed the outer foam to the 660 mod. Not much of a difference.
I own etymotics, b&o, audeze, and a grado sr80. That’s a wide spectrum of sound signatures and price.

Severely autistic /v/ermin need everything reduced to a number or they can't understand it.

It's simple: No other headphone has a gigantic fucking modding community around it like the T50RP. There are plenty of headphones with mods. Stax have plenty and plenty of mods, seal mods, pad mods, even amp mods. HD800 is a famous candidate with the SDR mod. Cheap chink IEMs like the Tin T2 have bass port mods as well. But none of these, absolutely none of them, needed so many different mods that the modders began making their own versions of the headphones with the mod preinstalled. The only one of this that's remotely close is Sennheiser making their own HD800 with a SDR mod preinstalled. And that's hardly similar to mcfucking 3 (THREE) companies sprouting out of fucking modding a $100 shitphone.

Congrats, you found out firsthand that the HD6 line is absolutely fucking nothing worth mentioning.

MrSpeakers Mad series
ZMF
Mod House Audio Argon
Dekoni Blue
Cascadia Audio Talos
Enigma Audio Paradox
Mayflower Electronics

There's a huge, huge, huge cottage industry of trying to fix the garbage T50RP because headfi-tier audiofools believe that planar has a specific type of sound that doesn't exist in dynamic but that specific crowd was too poor to buy Audeze LCD-2 and so they latched onto the 50rp like flies on shit.
Facts are, things like this level of bass response in a semi closed design with a planar driver is beyond pathetic. And that's the mark III which included some of the things people used to mod, the older T50RP are much worse.

Attached: t50rp.png (1524x511, 142K)

But they still don't understand it.
>Lol but chart say bad and distort!!!

Why does the high end dip lower than the low end...

Holy shit is it more than just ZMF, MrSpeakers and Enigmatic? That's actually just plain disgusting.
Shitphones gonna shitphone.

No, but HOW?
It's a fucking upside down v

stax was mentioned 51 times last thread, down by 7! good job retards!

>Holy shit is it more than just ZMF, MrSpeakers and Enigmatic? That's actually just plain disgusting.
We actually have a dude who occasionally posts about and shills his Mod House Argon mk3 on /hpg/
Nobody knows anything about it besides this dude who blind bought this niche product because nobody cares about T50RP mods anymore and the mark 3 versions aren't selling.

Most commonly called 'A' shape
Here's an older one

Attached: t50rp2011.png (1561x604, 176K)

It only makes sense talk about the best headphones in the headphone general.

Distortion I'm fine with if it's clear.
But wtf is this shit.

It's like a 2.1 setup where your woofers cross over all your bass to a broken subwoofer, while their tweeter units are also blown up.

except there is no talk, just shittalk and praise from people who neither own or have ever heard them

>praise from people who neither own or have ever heard them
Why do you keep pushing this meme? So many people here have posted their Stax setups. You're beyond delusional.

Just picked up some Sennheiser u 320s. In the mail. Impulse buy. They alright? Wanted another pair of Sennheisers w/ a mic.

nostaxxer here, can definitely confirm I've in fact seen more actual stax owners posting their pics and timestamps here than hd600 owners over the passing months. a lot of the /hpg/ regulars started buying staxes in droves after the headphones started getting memed when the L300LE preorders started and people were getting hyped over getting L700 drivers
reminds me of plebbitors getting hyped over HD6XX because lolcheaper650mustowncheaperthingsthatwereoverpricedbefore

It's also in general because the L300LE explosion gave them a lot more exposure and therefore people started buying all sorts of Stax models from the LNS to the L700.

like clockwork
keep the mentions up too don't wanna skimp on those this time either

What exactly is your point, that people are correcting you when you post misinformation?

You're not a regular, go away already, we hit the shitposter count limit with sapphire and nikita, we don't need a third.

Whoa, really makes you think.

Attached: jewtymotics.png (600x250, 44K)

TFW too poor for RS1e

Keep believing 300LE with pad swaps are l700, staxlets.

>grados
no

i like how you bring up hd600 for no reason at all as if thats a worthy comparison in any way at all. like they cost 200 bucks or something

>Hating on Grados

t. Jewish nostax D&C scum

I like how you get triggered by him mentioning the HD600 as an offhand comment of all things.

>hating on nobass treble rape
Correct. Any sane person would do this.

You need a meme arrow newfriend
>t. Staxlet

how is "people that have never heard them shit talk them" misinformation? is that not what's going on in this shitshow general?

That part is correct. The "people that have never heard them praise them" part is flat out wrong.

i don't and i don't have them :) it just makes it obvious what his post was really about

Post your stax, kike. You don't own any.

It's always easy to fish what's really behind all this furious shitposting.
Also, $200? the 600 are $300 and that's not that much less than a complete SRS3100 system vs buying an atom and a 600.

Attached: sennheiserremorse.jpg (1324x8120, 2.02M)

His post is about the growing number of Stax users here instead of a growing number of HD600 users, which were previously one of the most popular headphones on here. Not exactly an absurd statement.

I own 2 stax models but I like fucking with dumbass staxlet like you.

>implying you're not the staxlet
Easy to prove me wrong, jew. But you won't do it and we all know why.

Where is the timestamp?

You literally think everyone who shits on stax are nha because your worldview is so fuking tiny and narrow like your brain. I posted my setup several times here. I love my stax and like most stax models but hate faggots who think l300le= l700, because they're really not.

nobody here, more than at most two people own them maybe (with blatant remorse)
yet we see 100+ posts about it every fucking time
it's getting really tiring in these generals. stop shilling them and stop shittalking them already

>Buys expensive cans
>Posts about them more here than listening to them

hmm

>no pic/timestamp
NHA confirmed.

>more than at most two people own them
Yes, there are at least 7 or 8.
>(with blatant remorse)
Based on what now?
>yet we see 100+ posts about it every fucking time
Most of these are antistaxer posts such as yours.
>stop shilling them and stop shittalking them already
Maybe if you and your discord buddies stop making it your life mission to shittalk Stax the shilling will go away.

Staxlet confirmed. How is your used stax buddy, like the stench?

can we talk about headphones and maybe answer people’s questions instead of a Autistic holy war?

no idea what you're on about. discord?
you're just proving stax owners are delusional and have buyers remorse with this post and in general defending them so much. like you enjoy doing this more than enjoying music on them.

You're just proving that you're yet another antistaxer shill who likes to repeat buzzwords like buyer's remorse without actually backing up any of your claims. Everyone here can see transparently through your bullshit. Stop trying.

>the stax shill crusader is the same person that namedrops and thinks everyone is "sapphire"

fuck it just reporting every post of theirs now

Exactly, even as a stax owner that one stax user is a massive faggot and replies to everything I say, I love it. No wonder saphire calls him triggered staxcel. He is too easy

By the way, you're delusional if you think people can't post here while listening to music. That's all I'm going to say.

>thinking only one person mentions sapphire
Wrong again.
If you're the staxlet poster above, two people were replying to you. I was one of them. Pic related. Now stop kvetching.

Attached: 1547615677773.png (1156x808, 188K)

Not talking about you. I can roughly tell who is who based on sentnece structure.

The T50RP was modded long before Audeze even existed, you stupid nigger. This dedicated a fanbase is what you get when you stick to a concept instead of abandoning it like everyone else.

Well if you're talking about then you are talking about me. And if that is the case you clearly aren't as good at identifying writing style as you think you are.

>replies to every post
>all proper capitalization and punctuation
>listens to shit anime osts while defending stax
wew lad.

lol not a single /hpg/ poster wants you here
get the fuck out already

>>replies to every post
Of course you're going to reply to this post with mockery something along the lines of "I TOLD YOU SO LOL PREDICTABLE" but really, it's a bit sad that you continue to shitpost in here and laugh when people inevitably tell you to fuck off.
>>all proper capitalization and punctuation
Wow, what a sin.
>>listens to shit anime osts while defending stax
Picrel

Attached: 1526519092453.png (1152x90, 32K)

>stax discord mafia
look i can do it too

wew I listen to math rock, my musical taste is far superior!

Attached: tf.jpg (353x334, 19K)

I'm not even one of the stax posters. I don't care about stax. I probably will never buy a stax unless I can audition them which is never happening where I live. I don't post about stax, whether for or against it.
You're just beyond tiresome. You're a third Sapphire/Nikita in the making and the thread is already half cancer because of the likes of you. Post your headphones or leave, fucking loser.

stop posting pretty pictures and making me come back all the time

i can one up u

Attached: LzslLYC.png (1267x684, 116K)

You're neither offensive nor funny. You're a milquetoast shitposter rehashing points done to death in this general. I patiently await the day this concept reaches your head and you leave for good.
That song is in 4/4, you know that right? Slint are many things but math rock is not exactly one of them. Either way keep applying your own assertions and assumptions onto my posts, it just proves that you're out to shitpost.

One up me what? Bragging about listening to generic sophisti-pop is like bragging that you like radio music.

Stop shilling /iemg/ in the OP you fucking retard,

>That song is in 4/4, you know that right? Slint are many things but math rock is not exactly one of them. Either way keep applying your own assertions and assumptions onto my posts, it just proves that you're out to shitpost.

Attached: 90f.png (924x560, 48K)

lastfm disagree

Attached: aHoywX5.png (683x184, 9K)

hi sapphire

Attached: ety1.jpg (904x1324, 173K)

no it was a joke about the song being called slint - slint
because this is living in a box - living in a box on living in a box
...its an angel witch joke

Do you think you're very funny or intelligent when you quote my posts ad verbatim with a picture from your questionably large fedora folder?
I don't care about dead services like last.fm.

Attached: vZ8QPVJ.png (780x957, 266K)

Yes, we all know google is an excellent arbiter of genre tagging and taste. Are you done arguing over pointless semantics yet?

Attached: DaZoKR2.png (1272x864, 286K)

Reminder that all posts shitting on any stax claiming to be stax owners are nostaxers false flagging.

Attached: 1548995469456.jpg (600x428, 47K)

>buying beyers
i dont want to buy takstars again lol

If you really have to rationalize your stax 24/7, that's proof that you don't enjoy them.

What are the best pads for 6xx and can I buy them from aliexpress or other chink shit because these are the only one that actually come in my country and don't cost 10x the price.

if your headphones are so good you shouldnt have to rationalize them

Attached: k69GaYW.png (1044x361, 57K)

Quoting last.fm again? This is really boring. You're arguing over a completely meaningless genre tag (when Hella and Slint are in the same genre it's probably not a very good genre tag) over me saying that I preferred not to refer to Slint as math rock. Pretty stupid.

If you think reddit is an excellent curator of music perhaps you should go back there.

Attached: cJmaOG4.png (1641x689, 124K)

idk i dont use reddit, i just think its funny how they have like 10 posts for slint on the mathrock board

>based stax owners dabbing poorfags again

Attached: rare_cartado.jpg (202x323, 21K)