Virtualbox is riddled with bugs

>virtualbox is riddled with bugs
>vmware workstation® is too powerful for my use case
>qemu documentation gives me eyestrain
what are some good, just works™ type 2 hypervisors?

Attached: 1526078534530.gif (500x493, 631K)

libvirt plus qemu

VMware Player is a cut down version of Workstation with the same VMX core, if you don't need the feature set of Workstation.

VMware Workstation is my guilty pleasure on an otherwise free GNU/Linux machine.

GNOME Boxes

PCem

Bochs

did you read the OP?

btw, vmware products does not seem to support my laptop's touchpad in guests, and all workarounds on internet does not seem working, and that would also be a deal breaker

>GNOME Boxes is an application of the GNOME Desktop Environment, used to access remote or virtual systems. Boxes uses the QEMU, KVM, and libvirt virtualisation technologies.
>an application of the GNOME Desktop Environment

did you read his post?

>did you read the OP?
He did, libvirt is a helper/wrapper for QEMU that makes your life way easier. QEMU+KVM is the only acceptable virtualization solution.

this

Attached: 2019-02-06-000628_430x359_scrot.png (430x359, 20K)

hardware virtualization on my cheap old ass OEM mobo is laggy as shit, sandy bridge era.

the lag is unbearable, searched far corners of sketchy forum sites to find a fix, none of them worked, happened in both vmware and virtual box.

>qemu is too hard
then get a frontend
using qemu by itself is great for one-off stuff, but not so much for more permanent vm's, use virt-manager for that

Attached: a.png (675x597, 74K)

Why type 2?

Some retard recommended this on another thread and it is shit, virtualbox is much more easy and faster.

>Virtualbox > libvirt + qemu
You're joking right? Please tell me you're joking

What does this even mean? It's perfecty line and you're dismissing it for arbitrary autistic reasoning... It's almost exactly like virtualbox but doesn't suffer from free software bugs.

>virtualbox
>free software

learn qemu you literal fucking retard

Why would I joke? I tried both, one has nice speed and the other one is slow as fuck. I don't even understand how someone can like qemu, unless it is some kind of meme.

fpbp
i use this for playing games. very nice software. 10/10
/thread

next you'll say: "i was only pretending to be retarded".

So you have no argument?

this.
qemnu, libvirt and virt-manager together are awesome. not as easy to use as virtualbox but damn close.

I guess NPCs just really like qemu.

HyperV is decent in my opinion, and just werks, but its type1
that said, it "behaves" like a type2 when you install it on a Enterprise/LTSC desktop install
I have my test lab running on HyperV while I still use the desktop for gaymen

what the fuck is hyperV? ive never heard of it.

There's no argument to have when one side is just blatantly wrong.

I guess retards like to call everyone NPCs, just like an NPC would.

man1:"2+2=5"
man2:" no, 2+2=4"
man1(you):"so you have no argument?"

The type 2 hypervisor included by default in most Windows editions.

works on win 10 pro as well

Qemu is superior and faster. Only a retard would say otherwise

why would you ever want to do type 2?

I need some virtualisation that I can use commercially

Fuck off.

DOSBOX

Mommy pls gib SR-IOV on the Radeon 7

Attached: Lisa su closeup.jpg (125x132, 7K)

if only....

Way better.

honestly first thing i'd look at is hyper-v. it's properly free and pretty much fully featured. you need to command prompt some shit at the start since theres no UI but then you can just log into it using hyper-v manager for windows 10. its been a few months since i was reading up on it but from memory there was some roadblock to setting up HA/clusters without paying for something (I think it needed a DC in the middle)

i was experimenting with ovirt last year (or the year before?). i had 3 servers with replicated gluster storage across them and it was really good when it worked. the problem is as soon as something broke the whole thing comes crashing down and in most of my experience the fix was usually to rebuild the entire cluster from scratch. i think my main problem was i kept persisting with trying to virtualise the ovirt engine (basically their vcenter server). All their documentation recommends running it on its own separate baremetal server and self-admission that their VM engine appliance fucken sucks. Might be better now as it's been a while since i tried. i think that's the last obstacle for them before they become a real solid solution

So what's the drawback?

>that much text
apologize.

>too lazy to read the qemu manual
kys

vmware player is what you are looking for

Install libvirt retard
No it isn't & no it isn't