It's like Debian, but professional

it's like Debian, but professional

Attached: fedora.png (1024x1024, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fedoraproject.org/wiki/ForbiddenItems#Cryptography
fedoraproject.org/wiki/Disk_Encryption_User_Guide#Encrypting_block_devices_using_dm-crypt.2FLUKS
silverblue.fedoraproject.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

can i play games on linux?

the server edition is pretty sweet

yes

What do you exactly mean by "professional"
What can Fedora do that Debian cant? You are just a faggot beta tester for Red Hat. Explain yourself

It's sponsored by real people who do serious work. Less reliant on internet trannies.

how do i play games on linux? i dont want to play that penguin snowboarding game, i want to play good games like pubg and fortnite with my wifes son

I don't use Facebook, sorry.

kek'd

proper SELinux support and being compatible with much of the RHEL documentation is the only thing Fedora really has going for it. As far as getting the newest versions of packages, OpenSUSE or something Arch based will get you better mileage.

How is that better? Do you feel any difference except for dnf instead apt and rpm instead of deb?

Attached: f.png (1481x369, 326K)

Daily (not really) reminder.

Attached: 1532594135297.png (645x212, 16K)

>Fat Fuck
>In charge of Java optimization
Checks out.

It's the true RealPeopleWhoDoSeriousWork(tm) experience

Attached: Untitled.jpg (5000x5000, 763K)

Like SUSE, but free.

Attached: 676.jpg (900x600, 42K)

Go on steam and click on install

What's up with Fedora threads becoming more frequent?

IBM Funding.

This.

At least not tranny.

Then I'd expect at least a few threads per day.

Is it supposed to be good or bad thing?

Better than ooboontah shilling.

>Ubuntu is slowly and steadily heading for the sewage thanks to canonicals mismanagement
>Debian is going full CoCk
>Ubuntu/Debian derivates suck their overlords cocks
>head of OpenSUSE talks like his ass was his mouth sometimes
>Arch was never viable in the first place. also, what's work?
>Gentoo is a meme
>smaller distributions are not worth the effort if you actually want to work
No surprise why people are shilling Fedora. It's starting too look like a bastion of sanity.

I personally feel dnf is much better than apt, its formatting and how it presents information.

>head of OpenSUSE talks like his ass was his mouth sometimes
Like something bad

*tips gnu/linux fedora*

this made me actually switching to fedora. ibm and redhat will be the absolute flagship of open source software and fedora is the distro where it will happen first.

It's Fedora SystemD/Linux

>Funded by NSA
Yeah, no thanks, glowing brown man.

Attached: debian.png (602x500, 26K)

Shill me on fedora vs opensuse

It's Fedora Gnu/systemd/Linux until directoryctl replaces ls and regularexpressionctl replaces grep.

currently on debian. is slackware worth it. i was thinking of learning how to setup i3 on slackware. how stable is slackware.

kek, what I meant was: he talks shit. he makes claims without backing it up with evidence, just read his posts on rabbit.

I posted this in the fedora shill thread yesterday and never got a response. Here it is again:

You can’t use strong encryption on fedora because of US cryptography export laws.

fedoraproject.org/wiki/ForbiddenItems#Cryptography

go ahead and refute this I dare you.

Not a Fedora user, but you could just compile them yourself if you wanted to.
What packages is it missing?

It seems like you can set up an encrypted drive with it: fedoraproject.org/wiki/Disk_Encryption_User_Guide#Encrypting_block_devices_using_dm-crypt.2FLUKS

I like opensuse, is it much different? I like that opensuse is green so I can't switch to a blue distro without a good reason. Plus yast for a better windows control panel is a good feel.

I use both and they are totally different distros for totally different use cases
Fuck your d&c thread

No, not much difference. I prefer openSUSE over Fedora because openSUSE do KDE very well and have a rolling release distro. Zypper and dnf is very much the same thing

thanks for beta testing you faggot

why would i use this shit over opensuse thumbleweed? lmfao kys fedoracucks

And it actually contributes worthwhile, cross-distribution software.
What has debian contributed? Its custom, butchered by default apache installation with a couple of symlink-scripts?
Oh, how innovative.

>Using a fixed release distro outside of debian

Might as well ask here.
How to select hidden package groups during a netinstall?

Attached: 1525258289596.png (720x502, 92K)

Ya, know, I was going to switch from Debian to Fedora, but Fedora was bought by IBM, friends with the NSA, creators of systemdicks, you know, even thought arch doesn't have the generous amount of software packages like Debian or Fedora does (no AUR doesn't count), I'm starting to asking myself, do I /really/ /need/ all those programs?
And I think not, arch isn't that bad, I mean the constant updates are annoying but pacman is fast and as long as I keep track of security bug reports I don't really need to update the system everyday, and Arch breaking Xorg is nothing but a meme, I never had Arch breaking xorg. I guess I'm going to give arch a try again, and if that doesn't work I switch to IBM/NSA/systemD/Fedora.
Also what do you guys think of Artix?

why do they have to call it fucking fedora? the only reason i refuse to use it

The point is that why should I have to compile packages? Fedora is bound to US law, so if a law ever passed where encryption must be backdoored, then IBM and Fedora would have to comply. I don’t want a distro where I have to worry about this.

I'm a long time debian user, how long would it take me to get fluent with fedora's package manager and other things not present/different than debian? Is it as stable as Debian stable?

Just pretend you're running red hat, change the logo on neofetch too.

irl "professional" means no fun allowed

It's like Debian except its nothing like Debian

In real life "professional" means running RHEL instead of buggy beta builds of it.

use fedora silverblue and call it silverblue. it also has a different logo.
silverblue.fedoraproject.org/

*blocks your path*

Attached: Linux_Mint_logo_without_wordmark.svg.png (2000x1989, 319K)

>What can Fedora do that Debian cant?
Actually work out of the box

sorry about your defective hardware, user

Attached: works_on_my_machine_mug.jpg (460x460, 21K)

>install debian on computer made in the last 5 years.
>modesetting doesn't work with any gpu because kernel version too old
>network cards don't work because kernel version is so old it requires firmware blobs to use ethernet
Yeah no thanks.

Attached: worksonmymachine_logo.png (440x200, 14K)

IBM is the main responsible for making Linux enterprise-ready

>shitbuntu fork
>good
Pick one

>professional
get memed

Attached: serveimage.png (183x276, 7K)

Ubuntu is better.

dont forget

Attached: 220px-IBM_and_the_Holocaust_(cover).jpg (220x325, 35K)

wtf i like ibm now. brb install fedora.

My first distro was CentOS, but I hated that medieval GUI, so I went with fedora.
Best decision yet. I dual boot it with windows on my laptop that I use for college stuff.

systemd is turning Linux distros in to shit tier garbage,

enjoy your botnet

ibasedm