How it feels to know that you job will be done by AI in 20 years

How it feels to know that you job will be done by AI in 20 years

Attached: 1_zIkubEJ69fnD1CUnmDH_8g.jpg (960x480, 147K)

What does AI think about getting written by AI?

Biomedical engineering here. It doesn’t since I knew since high school that being a script kiddy wasn’t gonna pay off in the long run

How it feels to know that this whole planet will be turned into paperclips by an AI in 100 years?

Attached: 350px-Howtoplay.png (350x274, 52K)

You know, there's basically just one thing which unifies future-centered fiction - when the future comes, it looks different for some reason.

AI prostitutes when?

i'll be dead by that time so whatever

What about "Brave New World"?

ArtifiCIAl Indian

Isn't that what they told people in 1980 before the first ai winter? ahah, good times

Ah yes, the paperclip argument. Surely a massively advanced AI won't be able to think about doing anything else but mass produce those.

How it feels to know AI winter is coming and kill your shitty 'data artisan' job?

>20 years
lol no

reminder that you code monkey will be the peasants of the upcoming era!

Attached: 1548960620322.jpg (900x789, 217K)

I'll just become a debugger instead, as if it takes AI 20 years to write code it will take it another 20 after that to be able to debug the same code.

pretty good once AI take all the jobs then the government will have no choice but to resort to communism

>Surely a massively advanced AI won't be able to think about doing anything else but mass produce those

"Massively advanced" in what way? You seem to think that AI are designed for free thought. In reality, AI are designed for extremely specific tasks and it's impossible for such an AI to make decisions unrelated to that task.

I mean, do you think that a chess playing AI could suddenly develop free will? How would that even make sense? The only thing it senses is a virtual representation of a chess board. The only thing it can output are chess moves, and even that is restricted to movements following a ruleset. It's been trained on nothing but chess according to an algorithm that only allows it to grow in terms of chess playing ability.

Generally, when people refer to an advanced AI, they mean an artificial intelligence on par with the human intellect, fagtron.

In your mind, maybe.

And what does that have to do with an AI that was trained to make paperclips as efficiently as possible?

How it feels to know that your toilet will taste your shit automatically and tell you how healthy your diet is with no way of turning it off in 273 years ?

Can smartphones be considered soma?

>And what does that have to do with an AI that was trained to make paperclips as efficiently as possible?
Because in the paper clip argument, an advanced AI has for sole purpose to make as many paperclip as possible.
If it truly was an advanced AI, why would it stick to such a silly purpose? Then it wouldn't be an advanced AI at all.

>make an AI for every specific task required to take over the world
>AI conglomerate takes over the world
Check mate, retard.

inb4 the most effective way of doing so is to just kill all humans and get on with it

lel just get a work in AI. DUH

>truly was an advanced AI

Are you literally retarded? Advanced has nothing to do with being human-like. A chess playing AI that can beat pros is extremely advanced, even if that's all it can do. You're just randomly redefining words to fit your brain that's rotted from watching too much anime and hollywood trash.

That we will need some kind of UBI type of thing like star trek, or there's literally eventually going to be riots.

>Advanced has nothing to do with being human-like.
Why not?
Most data scientist and AI researchers would define an advanced AI as an AI that approximate our level of intelligence.

>A chess playing AI that can beat pros is extremely advanced
A chess playing algorithm like stockfish might have been seen as the most advanced computer program for it's time but in the end, it's just tree branches pruning.
What was consider advanced in the past is now considered for granted.

>You're just randomly redefining words to fit your brain that's rotted from watching too much anime and hollywood trash.
I'm not redefining anything you stupid motherfucker. The AI in the paperclip argument is said to have human level of intelligence.

You're just buttblasted because of semantic. That's just sad.

AI responsible for fiber circuits, keeping track of vrf's, routing tables, and transport vlans?

when?

>20 years
to be fair it's more like 5-10 years max...

>How it feels to know that you job will be done by AI in 20 years
The same way I felt about my job being done by pajeets, according to every idiot out there 20 years ago. It'll be a whole lot of nothing.

that long?
by then ill be dead or homeless so its not going to benefit me

Joke's on you, I don't have a job

Attached: 1519948482447.jpg (800x751, 76K)

lol
good luck getting a robot to turn a wrench

If AI is advanced enough to do my job(automating other peoples jobs) in 20 years I'll gladly bow down to our AI overlords

if you can make a well considered argument that they are, then they probably are

>How it feels to know that you job will be done by AI in 20 years
Pardon?

Attached: 1546847849937.jpg (900x506, 208K)