5.25" slots what do?

wtf do you use 5.25 inch bays these days for?

Attached: bay2.jpg (296x255, 11K)

Attached: kamaspeaker-bk-large.jpg (2561x1175, 158K)

Cup Holder, but on a serious note you raise an interesting point.

I need to figure out if its possible to connect a sata ssd, like a 60-120gb one to a scsi connector, probably using converters.

I currently have a micro sd to scsi converter but i wondered if it was easy enough to connect sata ssd drives.

they make reservoirs and pump combos you can throw in there, but most cases with the bays won't have the space for radiators so...

you have interesting SCSI 5.25" bay HDD cages I suppose? at least SCSI uses same voltages as SATA

Sweet you can get 5.25 - 4x 2.5 Sata hotswap bays.

Optical Drives
>inb4 I'm a faggot who would rather download drivers than use the discs they include with shit

Fufme

I still have and sometimes use a DVD RW drive

Use them to store my 5 inch dick, obviously.

Attached: Desktop-Computer-5-25-Bay-Case-Box-Rack-Blank-Organizer-Drawer-for-Storage-Devices-Memory-Cards.jpg_ (640x640, 47K)

based

Its for an old akai sampler, i have a micro sd to scsi adaptor tricking the thing into thinking its a scsi drive, im curious as to if i could use a sata ssd instead as ssds are literally cheaper here by about 10% now. 120gb sata drives cost like 20 bux, by manufacturers such as sandisc and kingston, 128gb micro sds are like 25 bux.

I dont need to capacity or the speed, Its not an issue, but losing track of dozens of tiny sd cards is, whereas 2.5 satas with a label on are a little easier to catalogue and sort.

Lot of people use scsi - sd and micro sd adaptors for old hardware like samplers, yamaha, emu, akai etc or commodore 64s and amigas / ataris etc.

Just a thought really, ive never seen a scsi to sata adaptor. Only scsi to ide, or ide to sata

I dont even know what id store in that.

I dont

>wtf do you use 5.25 inch bays these days for?
Top: CD/DVD/BLU-RAY rewriter
Middle: 2 x USB2, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 3.1 gen2
Bottom: 2 x 2.5 ssd hot swap bays

Attached: 58.jpg (418x299, 13K)

Card reader, optical drive, and one of these things zip disquettes, cable ties, screws, memory cards, USB cables, adapters, lots of stuff.

Most modern cases don't have 5.25" bays anymore. I don't use them for anything.

Optical drive and hdd backplane

hot swap hd bay

Blu-ray XL burner.

> Anything besides an ez-bake

Attached: pc-ez-bake.jpg (220x128, 7K)

I had one of these for years. it was awesome.

True gamer hardware. Way ahead of it's time.

blu ray + dvd drive
card reader
hard drive hot swap bays. move your hard drives away from the fans for better airflow or to make room for a water pump

Hot-swap HDD Bay
Blu-ray burner
Scythe Kaze Master II fan controller

Double height LTO 3 drive

>optical drive
>hotswap bay
>tape drive
>card reader
>fan controller
>drawer
>EZ Bake oven