Can someone explain to me why in the absolute fuck idiot devs have forced us back into 1997?

Can someone explain to me why in the absolute fuck idiot devs have forced us back into 1997?

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/02/firefox-to-block-noisy-autoplaying-video-in-next-release/

Why do browsers need Myspace blockers in fucking 2019? Can someone explain to me why anyone is putting up with this shit?

Attached: 939670ee6c76819e72b08fe974d06f5a1d26adbd407b87c7114f3bffaca0600a.jpg (540x351, 32K)

>chrome does a thing — WOW AMAZING
>Firefox does a thing — DURRR tranny SJWs BTFO

The problem isn't FF. The problem is the dipshits making the entire internet fucking cancer so this is necessary to begin with.

Google is cancer and should be broken up, by the way.

how can you miss the whole point of op this hard

Blocking autoplay is a good thing. The internet has become cancerous.

Yeah, and I want to know why the bastards responsible aren't publicly hanged.

Videos like that shouldn't even be allowed to fucking buffer nevermind autoplay. Waste of bandwidth.

This is needed just as much as adobe flash needed to fucking die.

>adobe flash needed to fucking die
Spot the internet ruiner. Every site also needs an ublockable pop-up telling you to sign up for chain letters too, right? And fuck pagination so literally no fucking webpage can every load every again.

*ever

Did you misunderstand what he said?

>Let us kill flash
Was one of the first battlecries of the assholes who tore the internet down and replaced it with bandwidth-eating ads.

Flash fucking raped CPU on every site that it was on, and then was the biggest cause of malware infections for 10 years straight.

>biggest cause of malware infections
Lies. Stupid old people clicking on dick pill ads is NOT a legitimate security concern. All computer programmers need purged from humanity.

And for however bad flash may be, html5 is fucking worse.

True, autoplay/download should never have been allowed. Being able to use js to circumvent it, its always js, while its useful it needs severe restrictions.

Didn't need to click shit user. Going to the site gets your data encrypted in the background and asking for bitcoins. Just because flash was out of date.

Filthy low criminal species. It's no wonder you verge on extinction.

how is it worse, you fucking imbecile?

The internet needs to be a lot less user friendly.

Because anti chrome threads are full of snark. It's hard to not hate you

>you're a dev if you have autoplaying video on your website

now this is LARP

Reminder that Netscape Navigator introduced the blink tag, setting a precedent for annoying web behavior.

Flash ran compact compiled bytecode. Html is slow as shit javascript and canvas.

Myspace 2.0

>Can someone explain to me why anyone is putting up with this shit?
Obviously people aren't because big-name web browsers are including features to fuck them out of the box.