So, I've been considering getting myself a swiss army knife as of recent...

So, I've been considering getting myself a swiss army knife as of recent, can anyone recommend a decent urban EDC swiss army knife? A lot of victorinoxes I've looked at seem either extraneous (midnight manager@work) or limiting (victorinox spartan), what are some good suggestions that strike a balance? I'd prefer a translucent colour case with at least a knife, a screwdriver end, a tweezer pair and maybe a flashlight.

Attached: mmaw.jpg (560x490, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.knife-depot.com/new-victorinox-knife-recommended-to-members-of-u-s-military/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Knives are technology.

Mine vix has PH screwdriver, small knife, big knife, saw, small flathead screwdriver, bigger screwdriver, and poking bit.

And yeah, it replaced Wenger models, that was 87 mm probably, dunno.
I liked wenger kinda better

What model is it?

Idk, probably Hiker.
Also I had swiss-card, but I accidentally broke it with my ass, and knife is sharp indeed.

Anyway, swiss knife is more like a lego, they can put any set of tools there. Just find 3-4 that are really needful for you, and get it.
For me it was small knife, big knife, PH screwdriver and beer opener.

The SAK I personally use the most is the Forester (pic related). It's relatively close to your description, but not exactly the same.

Attached: forester.jpg (550x443, 27K)

Swiss army knife is big gay.
Carry a leatherman like a real man.

Attached: wave-0-1600.jpg (1600x1064, 172K)

Do you mean that you can order custom presets from victorinox?

>urban EDC swiss army knife?
Either the Classic or the Rambler. Rambler being the preferred. Anything bigger isn't very acceptable in an office setting.

Leathermans are generally like having a working pair of pliers with a lot of really half-assed mostly hard to use tools stuck on the handle.

Swiss army knives also have SOME weird tools, but for the most part they're useful and rather easy to use. SAK any day.

This.
The only people who carry swiss army knives are women and eurocucks who have to obey their shitty knife laws.

That looks way too cumbersome and extraneous for my purposes lol,

The rambler seems like an attractive choice, but I really would like one with a screwdriver part if possible.

>Anything bigger isn't very acceptable in an office setting.
Eh, what's with that rule? You are in a very, very weird place.

I mean, either way you don't point your knives or other sharp objects at colleagues as a matter of basic politeness and office safety.
And then nobody cares a fuck about any tool / tool knife.

The screwdrivers on all small multitools are trash. Maybe the Skeletool from Leatherman. One of my favorites but not urban.
When you grow up and actually have to dress formally you'll know. City people do not like knives.

Technically - maybe, since they're still assembled manually.
Practically - no, select from what they have.

I don't know where you got that opinion. Is it in fashion to show your manliness with tiny knifes stuck on a "random barely usable for work shit on pliers" tool?

SAK basically just work. Pretty much most of NATO uses them as tool knifes, NASA used them standard issue with astronauts going to space (probably still does), even the US armed forces got convinced recently: blog.knife-depot.com/new-victorinox-knife-recommended-to-members-of-u-s-military/

> When you grow up and actually have to dress formally you'll know
Well, you don't wear your SAK in front of your dick. It's in a pocket.

> City people do not like knives.
No problem here unless you act dangerous with them or they are looking like big menacing weapons (dunno, combat knifes & bayonets, machetes...)

You simply understand why someone would use a SAK or a screwdriver or scissors as a tool on objects.

I think you're in a rural area.

Spartan is the best IMO and the one I EDC.
It's not at all limited for its purpose, and I don't think a pen and flashlight need to be incorporated into a knife, unlike bottle and can openers.
You can also get a firestarter to replace the tweezers or the toothpick, keep that in mind. I smoke so I usually keep matches or a lighter on me, but I can see why it would be more useful than the defaults for some.
You can't go wrong with the Spartan, but also consider the Tinker, which has a screwdriver instead of a corkscrew. I wouldn't recommend a more packed model as a first SAK.
It's worth visiting a shooting/survival/whatever store and asking.

No, a city, and I've even been to quite many cities in other countries with a SAK.

Okay, that was not always with me being formally dressed, but in context, who cares - people didn't know me there either.

It's just pretty obvious that if you take your knife out to cut bread or open a can [okay, that's a less threatening tool to begin with...] you're going to cut bread or open a can. Don't wave it around like an idiot and close it after use, and nobody among even distrustful people gets nervous.

Oh also be sure to see the different colours. I don't like translucent and glossy ones personally.

>he doesn't have Champ
What a toolllet

I use a Gerber dime, it's small enough to carry comfortably but also has most of the stuff you would ever need
>inv4 knifelet

Not once in my life have I needed a knife outside of my home or some wacky tools. This is just pretending to be an ebin survivalist

You can either:
>Carry a hunk of heavy metal with many tools only necessary for heavy work.
or
> Carry a lightweight, handy multi tool that's outfitted to solve everyday problems.

SAK's are the gentleman's EDC knife, a Leatherman is really worth its weight to EDC if you're a tradesman or something.

SAK Ranger. It's the most narrow model to feature both the saw and file. The only thing it doesn't have that I miss is the magnifying glass from the Champ, which is significantly larger.

You can use a Swiss Card in your wallet in combination with a SAK

My wave works pretty well honestly

Not exactly but mostly this
A SAK is a 90% of everything you ever want but a Leatherman is 110%
If I'm wearing a suit or something that would look bad with a fuck huge Leatherman wave clipped to the side I'm gonna take my Cadet alox with me
But I'm if in jeans and especially if I have the space to carry the bit kit, the Leatherman does much more than a SAK

Carry a flashlight separately

They're nice to have if you're an outdoors person or someone who goes fishing alot.

Some guy working in IT on a computer all day would never need this shit.

In the rarest of situations, it's nice to have a cutting tool and a philips/flat head screwdriver
Like I've disassembled and repasted a gpu with my Leatherman
Honestly if you don't care for it and are always in reach of an actual toolbox it is basically a waste of money