Why are most cs professors bad at teaching?

why are most cs professors bad at teaching?

Attached: chew.gif (189x189, 273K)

CS education hasn't been figured out yet

I don't think "most" are, but it depends on your university.

The problem at many universities is that there are far too many professors that would rather do their research and publications than teaching. These half-ass the text materials and the lectures.

it actually has been figured out
cs education with crayons have not though

firstly, stop posting ryuko. She's mine.
I'm a computer engineering major and almost none of my classes are in the CS department, but the few CS professors I've had were fine. EE professors are fucking garbage though, half of them don't understand the shit they teach.

Attached: 1497426397862.jpg (891x751, 254K)

cringe

off yourself you putrid waste of oxygen

Attached: 1491833416843.png (449x572, 112K)

>cs online reading
>one line of text
>500+ lines of source code

why can't they just make a youtube video or something? Why is there so much reading and nothing of importance? Why is there so much jumping around?

is your attention span really that horrible that you can't read without longing for a youtube video instead?

Now I'm going to post ruko all the time, just to piss you off

Because most people are bad at teaching, and when you have to teach more than a few people at once it becomes incredibly hard.

Teachers come in 4 forms

>The failed math guy who thinks he is really smart and forces math into every single example to over complicate things.
>The dude who tries to be overly-nice and starts every subject as if you don't know anything you previously learned, even if it just happened 5 minutes ago.
>The programmer guy who expects you to know as much as he does, even if you don't yet, and if you don't know it, you should google it and know. If you haven't figured it out, go read the docs..Or we can read the docs together, either way just read the docs dude.
>The pajeet, the master of reading books and then just putting it into a slideshow and "teaching" it to you by reading out what he copy/pasted. Please purchase his udemy course where he does this in video format.

you will never defeat me.

Attached: fuckoff.png (384x96, 11K)

tenure

Most of my tenured professors are old complacent fucks that really don't want to be in the classroom. The few that are inspired, however, are absolutely based. Had an old professor that spend half of a lecture shitting on "the perverts at Microsoft".

Attached: 1510089891869.jpg (740x642, 276K)

he based

Because colleges are filled with shit heads who just wanted benefits and retirement.
The employees at my university were so bad I honestly would put them in prison. These people have zero self awareness.
I fucking hate the american middle class.

>The programmer guy who expects you to know as much as he does, even if you don't yet, and if you don't know it, you should google it and know. If you haven't figured it out, go read the docs..Or we can read the docs together, either way just read the docs dude.
That's honestly the best thing anyone can teach you.

There's nothing wrong with the third one, as long as he's going over problems in class. You can do one of two things as a lecturer: teach material, or demonstrate material. The other is the responsibility of the students. Trying to do both will result in failure to do either.

Half of them are good because they're researches because they're passionate

The other half are bad because they were too autistic to get hired in the industry

Because professors are hired to do research, not teaching.

Researchers are the worst. They teach to keep their stipend, and have no interest in teaching. They're just checking off a box.

Satsuki > Shadow the Hedgehog

Attached: 6a1eddd53afd87de754cc516bb1422c9-1.jpg (800x1073, 810K)

Why haven't you asked yourself, why you're so bad a learning?

fuck off

there's a few exceptions, some are actually just lecturers.

Much more fun to blame someone else.

forgot pic

Attached: 1862517.jpg (1242x1396, 109K)

First guy is me, im a failed math student