Why write command-line scripts in .sh file format when you can write them in JavaScript instead?

Why write command-line scripts in .sh file format when you can write them in JavaScript instead?

Attached: 1200px-Node.js_logo.svg.png (1200x734, 52K)

don't talk about it here, people are just butthurt since 95% of Jow Forums is composed by uni reject neets that really believe C is the only language

It's what I do actually, but don't tell anyone.
I also run one of my Scripts in a SystemD Unit.
Anything that takes more than 5 lines as a FISH function I write in JavaScript instead

This. It's the only way to have my scripts also working on Windows. Python my ass.

B L O A T W A R E

yeah haha nodejs is so much bloat, let me just get my pip2 and pip3 dependencies ready so I can get both my python2 and python3 scripts working
just 1 second javascript fags while I convert all my wrong version scripts over so I can plot you a graph of how much BLOAT node is haha
import poo from loo

are you mad? you sound mad

Attached: IMG_20190203_141632.jpg (225x225, 10K)

I was pretty pissed off to see that policykit basically uses JavaScript to code rules. Seems like a huge vulnerability.

I understand why you would be happy to use JavaScript on the command line if it's what you are familiar with, and that's great, but personally I would have a much more difficult time fucking around with nodejs to do simple command line scripting. If it's really complicated I use Ruby, which was designed to be an easy scripting language.

They are using JavaScript in kde plasma as well. Qt has a built-in JavaScript engine. I am not 100% against it but it's kind of maddening that JavaScript is taking over since there was never a de facto open source common object model.

> pip2 and pip3 dependencies
> command-line scripts in .sh
Denied.

Why not use Scheme? Probably one of the only kinds of applications I can write using only the standard.

Attached: Screenshot_20190206-062835_1_x_1_y.png (480x486, 124K)

To each his own, I guess. I find JS to faster to develop in than python or even ruby. For me the big advantage is that you can't even compare the speed of python, ruby, or bash (lol) with v8.

wow I thought OP was joking at first but apparently some on-late autist niggers with room temperature iq actually use nodejs for writing their useless & bloated scripts. sad

>non-blocking I/O

dear god no

>what's await

why execute programs when you can execute programs but with more overhead

>why write scripts in a modern syntax when you can write them in an obscure syntax from the 60s

What the fuck are you talking about? OP didn't even mention C, he presented JS vs Bash, and you present some made up statistics about people liking C - which counters his point. What a retard.

In fact, it's the only thing node is an appropriate tool for.

But I do

what issues do you have with python on windows? getting extra packages on?

> but it's kind of maddening that JavaScript is taking over since there was never a de facto open source common object model.

I think the answer to why is that there are plainly more JS devs available for random open source projects. It's the most used by Github stats.

Is there a version of bash that doesn't have strange rules like you must not have spaces before and after the equals sign in assignment? I just want something more sane.

> doesn't understand event loops
N O T G O I N G T O M A K E I T

>Not using python for shitty one off scripts

>const poo = require('loo')

LOL, you're making a point of yourself. TRIGGERED Jabbascript Nigger.

Attached: leir2txpffd21.jpg (556x739, 47K)

even if you're trolling, rust or go have great libraries for cli apps

>lua
>indian joke
pick only one