I want to wipe and overwrite the free space on my SSD with CCleaner but this message comes up...

I want to wipe and overwrite the free space on my SSD with CCleaner but this message comes up. Should i take this warning seriously or can i still do it?

Attached: wipe.png (507x314, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Solid_state_drive/Memory_cell_clearing)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes.

if your ssd was manufactured within the last 12 years you'll be fine

>CCleaner
Delete this botnet garbage and download Bleachbit

So wait ssds no longer have an issue with many overwrites?

>CCleaner
>Botnet
You do know it's owned by Avast these days right? The moment they install a botnet is the moment their business goes down the garbage.

I can't tell if this is supposed to be a joke or if you're being naive.

>*bloats your path*

Attached: avast-makes-safezone-browser-available-in-free-version.jpg (240x200, 9K)

well the avast antivirus is shit and malware

>So wait ssds no longer have an issue with many overwrites?
It will wear it down by a fraction of a percentage

If its something you really really don't want anyone to be able to dig up go ahead and fill it with zeroes

I'm not quite sure if you understand what the modern antiviruses and protection software are.

Modern TLC has much weaker write cycles than older SLC. Less than 5% of the write cycles. So be careful.

Attached: 1538775265848.jpg (762x668, 42K)

Wear isn't really an issue, but you can't really wipe data from an SSD without sending a Secure Erase command (which wipes the whole disk) due to block reallocation. You really should have set up encryption in advance.

erasing ssds by overwriting every block is ineffective due to wear levelling only logically associating blocks to flash cells, when you write to a block it more often actually writes to another block and sets the associating between the block and actual flash cell to the new cell, leaving the old data still on disk. fortunately ssds usually have an ATA command for flashing every cell at the controller level (wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Solid_state_drive/Memory_cell_clearing) but they're often poorly implemented so encrypting data is recommended over relying on unaudited proprietary code to work properly.

You should be using the SSD firmware's secure erase capability, not some shitty malware disk wiping garbage.

>Modern TLC has much weaker write cycles than older SLC. Less than 5% of the write cycles. So be careful.
yes, TLC and QLC drives are utter trash

Why should we trust you? You're the one who said intel processors are more secure than AMD ones.

>erasing ssds by overwriting every block is ineffective due to wear levelling only logically associating blocks to flash cells
Some erasure software actually create a file size of the empty space so all thats empty gets filled, now, some SSDs might have quite a bit of reserve space thats can get allocated on the fly but its rather unlikely that many things survive intact

you must be new here

>The 860 EVOs are rated for 600TBW (TeraBytes Written) for every 1TB of capacity over their lifespan. This is about half what the 860 Pros are rated for

He's right though, they are more secure then AMD's platform, the thing is they ain't more secure for the user.

Attached: 1443724159122.jpg (528x912, 99K)

>your passwords can be stolen right out of your RAM with javascript
>secure
pick one

Did you even read.

Attached: thefaceofrape.jpg (415x666, 66K)

ask me how I know you are from India

Not him but security serious security vulnerabilities for intel go back all the way to sandy bridge platform. 60% of them won't ever see microcode updates due to being on XP/7 with updates disabled.

The subtle nuance of reading eludes you fools to quote myself

>the thing is they ain't more secure for the user.
>ain't more secure for the user.
>for the user.

Attached: 1398777463621.jpg (274x300, 30K)

No shit but what I'm saying is intel platforms are insecure BY DEFAULT. They're inherently a huge security risk to use because they come with the exploits.

The only correct answer.

who fucking cares what some faggot namefag/tripfag thinks?