RADEON 7 IS A FLOP

DOES THAT MEAN NAVI WILL ALSO BE A FLOP?
I WANT TO BUY A NEW VGA AND I DONT WANT TO BUY NVIDIA BUT IM TIRED OF WAITING AHHHH

Attached: just had enough.png (342x356, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7FgnIVtvIyg
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2070-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-64/4029vs3933
youtu.be/RAcsxZfROY8
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2080-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-64/4026vs3933
digitaltrends.com/computing/amd-radeon-vii-dlss/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well given how a vega 64 with updated drivers is able to MATCH an RTX 2070 we can expect vega 7 to be within rtx 2080 performance levels. Navi would essentially be a cheaper and more energy efficient version of vega with even better drivers at launch.

Hell the vega 56 is like 90% as fast as the RTX 2070 rn:

youtube.com/watch?v=7FgnIVtvIyg

How so?

Is Navi supposed to be faster than Radeon VII?

Just asking so I know if I'll have to be stuck with jewvidia when buying a GPU later this year.

Just get a cheap Vega on ebay, it'll still last a long time and the performance/dollar ratio is insane. Latest drivers tweak the card for you too including undervolting. Don't give these amoral corporations any money until they get their shit together.

Really doubt they would have released something as low margin as VIIga if Navi was going to usurp it in a matter of months.Not sure how OP thinks it's a flop, it's exactly what was expected.

>n-near

Attached: sps.jpg (555x199, 27K)

On average yes, of course it's going to run like ass on shitty unoptimized titles like GTA and AC trash. Also that's the vega 56 NOT the vega 64 which is ~20% faster and matches the rtx on average.

Point is vega for the most part was trash at launch but driver updates have been slowly fixing that. Remember when the vega 64 couldn't even compete with a fucking gtx 1070? No it's crushing the 1080.

No a vega 56 is not 90% of a 2070. A 64 might be.

There's supposed to be a high end navi which probably will beat vega but it is unlikely that we see that card in 2020. 7nm is still a cutting edge process, larger dies would be too expensive. We will certainly see a 1080/64 level this year (probably in less than 4 months), it might be even a bit better but just expect a 1080/2070/64 level and you won't be disappointed. Nvidia will bring their 7nm cards to the market when the process is cheaper and mature enough for bigger dies. And since nvidia is architecture wise ahead of rtg since 2012 it will beat navi no problem.

Also OP it will be a "flop" in the way that only fan boys will buy it, which is precisely what amds goal is. It's just a shitty placeholder card of their broke rtg.

Lisa Su needs to go down to the GPU department and beat the shit out of the engineers

vii is just a stop gap.
navi is a gaymen gpu made by sony.

It used to NOT be but now it is. It's called finewine and the reason why a $100 Rx 570 is 90% of a $250 6GB GTX 1060 when 2 years ago it could barely beat a gtx 1050.

AMD makes horrifying shit GPUs
AMD makes even worse CPUs

I'll never buy a shitty AMD product, you lose fucking 2-15 fps in games which is unacceptable with modern monitors
Fuck AMD

no. it s gonna be 1080 level at best . AMD is 2 years behind NVIDIA. you better get used to this

But they make almost no money on this card, it's a really low volume release.
People won't be able to get their hands on this card easily. They need to release a high end GDDR6 card.

Well that's fucking disappointing, I need a high end GPU for 2019, not high end performance levels of 2017.

>$700+
WTF BROS? AMD WAS SUPPOSE TO BE THE CHOICE FOR US POORFAGS ..... HOW THE FUCK ..... I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS ... AMD BETRAYED US

Attached: ahhhhh noooooooooo.jpg (653x726, 46K)

XD

Attached: Capture.png (797x706, 841K)

You'd be lucky if the top of the line AMD shit GPU performs close to the 980ti
Or even half or a quarter of the new 20xx cards

then your only choice is the MEMETX 2080TI . it s the only card i would buy. the others are basicly refresh of previous gen ...

My question is, WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH AMD's NAMING SCHEME?
Radeon VII
Vega 64
Radeon RX580

There is no consistency. I know which is which due to keeping an eye on tech sites, but your average person would have no fucking clue which came after what.

just wait bro ... for navi ... navi+ ... and navi++ .... and ryzen 3000 .... 2020 .... the year of amd .... for sure this time ....

The only thing you should know is that they all perform worse then their Nvidia's counterpart.

Why can't you niggers wait until tomorrow when we get the actual fucking reviews?

JUST WAIT!!!

Attached: 1543164810071.png (538x538, 322K)

Who would want to buy a $700 400W housefire?

Attached: 1549471454409.jpg (202x323, 21K)

$700 and it doesn't even fucking have ray tracing I bet lmfao.

I do think that you don't understand the fine wine concept at all. I don't really want to go into too much detail but no the 570 is 80-85% of a 1060 because it's a slightly cut down 580 which Already trade blows with a 1060.
Finewine effect consists of two different parts, number one was the increasing driver quality of amds drivers. In 2016 it was rather bad, so these later optimizations made their cards "age better". Nvidia provided good driver support from the start, so they couldn't increase their relative performance. Now part 2: Vega is the 6th generation of the same architecture, that's stone old for gpus. Amd just was too broke for a new architecture(which is also why they have problems competing but that part is not relevant here). Since all their cards of the last 6 years are all pretty similar most optimizationa made for the newest generation carry over too older generations, while nvidias older architectures don't receive that many effective performance optimizations. Amds driver's haven't improved much in the last few months (they are already decent, not much room), so fine wine won't help that much now. Especially if we are all desperatly waiting for amd to finally ditch the unholy abomination that is GCN.

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2070-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-64/4029vs3933

Pic is 4 months ago: youtu.be/RAcsxZfROY8

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-06-23-36-35-137_com.vanced.android.youtube.png (2280x1080, 331K)

>you lose 2-15fps
Yeah I also prefer to pay 3x more to get those FPS

Attached: 4L_cTXy6Nhh.jpg (642x880, 119K)

LITERALLY 1 more day of wait

stfu you retarded tripfag, you're the same glue sniffer that told us intel processors are more secure

>spend 1200$ so you can have marginally prettier reflections
>youre playing at 1080p every other setting is on medium or worse
>and youre not even getting consistent 45 frames
>mfw 2019 and nvidia flagships cant over 60fps 1080pMedium

Attached: 9C16500C-902F-49F5-A570-7F2B1F0A17EA.jpg (242x520, 50K)

nvidia cards have top tier performance out of the box without needing to do undervolting or other shit and without needing to wait years for the drivers to mature. also they are not 400W housefires

Holy shit that's still pretty impressive desu. I honestly thought rtx cards were going to be some revolutionary new technology that would usher us into the age of 120+ fps at 4K but here we are just 10% faster than a vega 64.

Attached: 1534791588143.jpg (540x540, 20K)

>700$
>Doesn't outperform a 300$ dated Nvidia card
>*LOL why would you pay 3x more???*
Lol Nvidia is ironically the budget option compared to this trash

bros... it's over

>1080ti performance 2 years later
>Costs the same as 1080ti did 2 years ago
>Uses more power than 1080ti despite being 7nm and 1080ti is 16nm
>No stock so you can't even buy this abortion if you wanted to
The STATE of Always Massive Disappointment.

Attached: AYYMD.png (873x744, 259K)

$700 doorstop

Attached: doorstop.png (979x741, 919K)

see

>1080ti performance 2 years later
>Costs the same as 1080ti did 2 years ago
So the same as the RTX 2080?

Attached: 1456647016105.jpg (477x616, 90K)

>we can expect vega 7 to be within rtx 2080 performance levels.

You people get on this board and just say anything.

RTX 2080 has DLSS and raytracing.

Attached: 1536482995332.jpg (1920x1080, 439K)

Obviously not consumer ray tracing is the biggest mistake nvidia made in the last couple of years, why on earth would amd copy their competitors mistakes? With our raytracing nvidia could sell a 2060 for 250 bucks with the same margin, nvidia raytracing shit is the only thing that will give amd even a chance to compete.

Without raytracing every rtx card could be 20-35% faster for the same price (and the same profit margins for nvidia). They could have been monsters. Just imagine a gtx 2060 beating a 1080 by 10-15% for 350$. A gtx 2080ti that is twice as fast as a vega 64 for 1200$. That's what could have been if nvidia wouldn't try to push a new technology for better reflections that costs half your performance completely alone while no console is using anything remotely similar.

Also vii is just a repurposed workstation card, never designed for price/performance in gaymes. 16GB HBM2 are a real treat, just not for gayming.

It's definitely not great but ffs it's performance and price is pretty similar to a 2080 (except the power). Raytracing is utterly useless in it's current form, either go fully raytraced or rasterized, but this in-between rtx stuff is just half assed shit.

>click arrow ingame
>thing that says opengl/dx now says vulkan
>you now get massively increased framerates
>yeah fuck this non working piece of shit “””tech”””
>go back to dx/opgl because thats what daddy huang would want

Doesn't matter if there is a 35% hit with RTX when DLSS gives a 50% boost.

Forecast is going to be lots of Nvidia specific benchmarks that don't even work on AMD.

>DLSS
Just a GPU upscaler. Part of DX12. Doesn't even look or run better than regular AA.
>memetracing
does not run at acceptable frame rates to be relevant.

COPE harder AMDrone, nobody is buying Pooga VIII.

>Doesn't even look or run better than regular AA.
LOOOOOOOOL

Attached: rtxdlss.png (2548x996, 2.45M)

>caned benchmarks
Now show what it does in a real game.

they will probably sell out though

A 2080 is ~25% better than a vega 64
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2080-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-64/4026vs3933

Vega vii has 10% more flop/s than vega 64
Vega vii has more than twice the memory bandwidth of vega 64

It's certainly possible for them to be pretty close.

First of all raytracing causes a ~50% hit (after the fix, before it was 66%).
Second, dlss improves performance by ~35% compared to native 4k.
So if you use both together you are still losing ~30-35% of your fps while getting a worse overall image quality than native 4k while having nicer reflections. Doesn't sound that good to me. Also dlss has to be implemented in each game, good luck when they don't do that. That said radeon vii will support Microsofts dlss: digitaltrends.com/computing/amd-radeon-vii-dlss/

If you think the gayming and consumer graphics world cycles around nvidia then you are mistaken. The things that determines the market the most are the consoles. If consoles have raytracing support it can have a future. If consoles support dlss, most games will support it as well.

Obviously, they won't have produced thatany in the first place.

whose deleting my images?

Jannies are butthurt again.

I'm sure the AMD version will work well....

pfffffthehehheheheh

why would you buy Radeon cards

>Radeon 5
>Radeon Vega 6
>Radeon VII(7)

you're the dumb one

It's Microsoft's version, not amds.

>downscales to 2k to apply AA and upscales back to 4k
>thinks that we cant spot the difference like in final fantasy that was so edge a 12yo overwatch player got jealous
>cant do it on lower resolutions cause it will start looking like a hot garbage