Is there a Jow Forums approved alternative to discord that has similar features?

Is there a Jow Forums approved alternative to discord that has similar features?

Attached: Discord-Logo+Wordmark-Color.png (800x272, 4K)

IRC

None that includes an userbase

can't think of anyway discord is better than irc
yet irc is treated as if it's obsolete
fucking retard world

IRC, faggot.
it just isn't better at all, in any way. discord is a shameless rip-off of IRC, but for retards and FBI officers.

spbp

Discord is a rip-off of slack you fucking zoomer

If you want a similar feature set, look into Delta Chat, Riot.im, Mumble or IRC.

Matrix is the best chat protocol currently available. Riot.im, a Matrix client, is pretty much a Discord clone and can be a decent alternative for all but voice chat.

T O X
O
X

This.

TOX doesn't replace discord in any way imaginable. It replaces private messaging and VOIP but discords primary use is chatrooms.

Shame nheko stopped development
Can't wait for riot to update to their actual discord clone ui
Also can't wait for there to be group chats i like on matrix

I can't afford to pay for a server unfortunately and the public ones seem kinda slow.

The matrix.org homeserver is rather overloaded and the current server software can't handle that many concurrent users well (a more scalable rewrite is in progress). Can't really say that I've found it to be unusable, though.
If it's really that bad and you have a group of people that would use it, then perhaps you can get one person who can spare like $4/month for a cheap VPS to run your own.

I've ran into people who've said IRC is too hard to use. Personally, I like using Matrix/ZNC as a bouncer for IRC. Not too many good servers around anymore though.

>alternative to discord
what's the point if your zoomer buddies wont use it

>hurr durr log into irc
>some fag run /who and gets your IP

>some fag steals your name
>then a netsplit happens

lmao IRC

come back when you can embed images and youtube links idiot

I haven't used IRC in a million years, isn't it text only? Why are people suggesting that as an alternative to Discord?

get better friends or don't use the service

So I could say them how special I am.

Tavrn.gg is a open source discord clone.

you mean autistic Jow Forums neets? you guys can be my friends too :3

Unironically steam

and Slack is IRC with extra steps.

only retarded boomers are suggesting it

>what is nickserv
>what is connecting via proxy

Tavern looks like a bridging client - not a clone.

and it looks like its being made by a bunch 8cha gamergate memers so I don't really know - that seems like like a liability waiting to happen

still doesn't have voice chat after jumping thru 100 hoops to prevent hackers from getting your IP and stealing your name.

Sasuga IRC.

Discord doesn’t bring any better alternatives either. The built-in voice chat is fucking trash and the audio quality dips like Skype. The only thing the text chas has going for it is basically parsing and embedding image links which many IRC clients can do already. Discord is a strictly inferior “alternative” to IRC+Mumble that sells your data but somehow has the fucking normies swarming around it.

Don't worry user, most people realize IRC has a shit feature-set hence why it's nearly dead (pic related).
t. loved irc in late 90s and early 00s

There is no modern chat program that is botnet-free with the same features as discord, eg embedded media, inline file hosting and voice chat, that also has people. Riot.im is similar but almost no users, and may never get a critical mass of users to actually take off.

>pic related

Attached: irc_efnetgraph.png (897x287, 28K)

>pic also related

Attached: irc_pop_dying1.jpg (580x435, 156K)

Telegram

slack is also zoomer tech lmao

fpbp

> zoomer calling others zoomer
> thinks slack is 100% original
> doesn't know slack also ripped off IRC
consider suicide as soon as fucking possible, you stupid zoomer cunt.

>most people realize IRC has a shit feature-set
OH NOES! IRC isn't a bootleg of skype! ahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah
what are you zoomer cancers trying to prove? that you're both incredibly fucking retarded and don't know anything about IRC or its userbase? COLOR ME FUCKING SHOCKED. thank goodness IRC is just a protocol that will forever be supported and anybody can run a server!

ZOOM ZOOM!

>Rizon slowly growing

It's impressive to see the growth of Freenode.

What should I learn as my first programming language? I'm trying to choose between brainfuck and entropy.

Attached: 1543033899370.png (1080x1508, 478K)

wrong thread, faggot. this is about FBI honeypots and IRC.

do IRCfags think they are winning anyone over with embarassing posts like this?

fuck off Vatnik

That whole database was full of pure kek

Attached: untitlesdd.jpg (295x352, 11K)

I think IRCFags don't really care.

The signal-to-noise ratio is increasing over time as the user-base shrinks.

Riot (Matrix). Been using it for years and works great.

fpbp

Teamspeak.

Is there a Jow Forums discord in general?
Someone link me. Thanks.

discord isn't Jow Forums approved

>muh ip
so? what can you do with it?
>embed images and youtube links
disgusting

teamspeak + irc is the true combo

It's funny because even 4channel can embed youtube and images

Attached: 1547540989066.jpg (658x987, 181K)

4 chan is a php shitfest