Spotify will now suspend or terminate accounts it finds are using ad blockers

based, let those freetard autists suffer

Attached: 1539727501853.png (633x611, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techcrunch.com/2019/02/08/spotify-will-now-suspend-or-terminate-accounts-it-finds-are-using-ad-blockers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

link here
techcrunch.com/2019/02/08/spotify-will-now-suspend-or-terminate-accounts-it-finds-are-using-ad-blockers/

imagine unironically using spotify

agreed

>if it's free, you're the product
kek
bend over, proprietary fags, your big daddy spotify needs that tight boipussy.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (580x346, 47K)

>2019
>streaming music

It's okay, I try to download HQ FLAC of all my shit. Occasionally I'll buy vinyls of shit I really like too. Never once used spotify for longer than ten minutes absolute trash.

>implying only proprietary software is free
>spotify isn't even entirely free

Attached: 1507170507927.png (442x500, 54K)

Sorry grandpa not everyone wants to listen to the same 10 dad rock albums forever

What the fuck does FOSS have to do with advertising revenue?

>"we're showing those pirates what's what!"
>spotify-skip continues to work for 2 years after that
>"we finally got those pirates off our service!"
>dogfood core continues to work for nearly a year and only stopped because i accidentally deleted my data
>"this time we're cutting off pirates for real, just you wait!"
>modded .apk still works flawlessly to this day

I don't even feel the usual tiny tinge of remorse because spotify was built on pirated music in the first place

>implying I implied that only proprietary software is free
your face perfectly represents your post.
Generally, people using FOSS software are privacy aware users. Canonical had to back down on their Amazon shit because of that.
Imagine Spotify were FOSS under the AGPL for a moment, would spotify have done the same thing and their users were mainly FOSS users, then people would fork their shit and make their own SAAS without ads.

Get cucked, proprietary fags.

>not downloading music with newpipe or youtube-dl
How does it feel to be a retard op?

Attached: faggot.jpg (647x664, 114K)

So when you said "if it's free, you're the product", you were including FOSS?

Spotify Premium does not have this problem.

>youtube quality

Attached: 4.png (860x770, 683K)

I only download LQ FLAC, just to rebel against the system.

That's actually quite accurate, given its you that makes this product as well.

And also those pieces of software that are purposefully made hard to use, so you can rack in on the support cash.

>I can't afford more than 10 albums over the course of my life.

Should we make a third thread about a service nobody uses around here?

Attached: 1422073478910.jpg (249x250, 7K)

>using shittube as a source of music
I suppose the weebs, who only listen to Japanese video game soundtracks, need to get their garbage somewhere.

>super convenient
>cheap
>pretty much transparent to my ears
works on my machine

>implying its a cost thing
If anything Spotify is more expensive long term
If you want to find more similar music nothing can beat it

>If you want to find more similar music nothing can beat it
>Must have computer overlords recommend me music
>Can't bother using the web or, God forbid, listening to unfamiliar music.

Subbed to memefy premium to try it out for myself. Very high quality in settings. Compared to a V0 lossy encode it sounds flat and muddy. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with your zoomer ears?

Attached: Screenshot_20190208-164359_BlackPlayer_EX.png (1080x1920, 613K)

Yes, you are also the product, but in a different way.
You help test the programs and file bug reports, occasionally you also submit patches to scratch your own itches that no one is willing to scratch.

>And also those pieces of software that are purposefully made hard to use, so you can rack in on the support cash.
Yes some of the projects do this, or keep documentation at the bare minimum so you buy support.

Just don't use it if it's not right for you.

Nigger I get recommended shit with less than 5 thousand plays regularly, nowhere else will you find that shit without pure luck

Try turning off normalize volume in settings

>VPN for android
jesus christ user

also: the best spotify quality is 320kbps
it is meant to be an easy way to listen to music, not a giant library for audiophiles

Did that right after starting the app. Just confused how you can market it as "very high quality" when it sounds clearly worse.
Maybe it was converted from a bad master. The highs are distorted.
What's wrong with VPN?

always, ALWAYS have your music stored in your hard drive. There any countless music players, download methods and tagging programs that can help you find and create exactly what you want, no matter how obscure or complicated. Take some time to create and organize your collection instead of feeding a digital gremlin like Spotify.

If you use basic headphones you can't hear the difference between FLAC and, say, 192kbps. I doubt the average Spotify user cares.

Attached: tumblr_ne9zz5p9bH1rxojavo1_640.jpg (640x640, 148K)

>listening to music other than flac
GTFO

what did he mean by this

I'm starting to use youtube again

Was using pic related and could hear the difference like night and day in comparison to a lossy V0. As I said before. It could be a bad source spotify was using for encoding. But hearing it across 10 tracks from different genres is just weird.
Keep in mind that they are working on "spotify hi-fi" that's supposed to be lossless streaming.

Attached: AKG2.jpg (600x600, 19K)

>modded .apk still works flawlessly to this day
care to elaborate?

>Abandoning mp3/flac torrents in the first place

Lmao@streamingfags

Attached: lel.jpg (360x360, 30K)

Jow Forums is like 90% zoomer normies

I have 1.5TB music available on my phone, no spyware. Since i did it, i paid around $1 per month, and have raid backups

Phonefag Zoomers NEETs BTFO. Time to work overtime on the yardwork so Mom will give you a bonus you can use for that subscription.

Attached: pods.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

>5 thousand plays regularly, nowhere else will you find that shit without pure luck
You mean like youtube or last.fm?

>freetard
>Spotify
I don't think you know what the word freetard means.

Attached: 19789999.jpg (400x345, 105K)

It's the same as Spotify unless you pay for Spotify premium.

Oh yeah? Then I will block Spotify if it detects I'm using an adblocker. How about that?

It's not but is not very different

>Requires app, authentication, and rights
>licensing means licensing can cause music to become unavailable permenantly
>has a cost(ads\$$$)
>requires connection

MP3s are no-cost, easy to transport, easy to play almost anywhere since native support has been around for ages, network free. Can't take my MP3s from me.

> 10: circumventing or blocking advertisements in the Spotify Service, or creating or distributing tools designed to block advertisements in the Spotify Service;
top kek.
I can't imagine that at all. too frightening. no, I will stick to buying physical copies and rampant piracy, like a real non-cucked man.
>>VPN for android
>jesus christ user
what? having VPN access with app on your device is awesome. If you disagree, then have fun getting all of your mobile data monitored by your phone company and local spy agencies.

mp3 is a format that will probably outlive us all.

Get a load of this fucking idiot

Change the settings for cellular data. I can obviously tell between flac and Spotify, but not my v0 encodez.