Im tired of programming so I want to go into sysadmin. What are some good books and online courses?

Im tired of programming so I want to go into sysadmin. What are some good books and online courses?

Attached: 1521669132801.jpg (669x425, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Xorg/Guide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This should help
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Xorg/Guide

Attached: smirk.jpg (500x323, 27K)

LPIC
The Practice of System and Network Administration, Thomas A. Limoncelli et al

Actual good advice. Thanks

do you really want to be automated away in 5 years?

people were saying this 5 years ago and there are still sysadmin job openings today.

I wish to defeat the system from within by being a really bad sys admin and advertising to hackers to fuck us

They've been saying that for 10 years now, plus, who do you think is behind all of the automation? Sys admins, it's their fucking job.
I want to do it anyway because programming has become boring, and I just want a comfy job with an okay salary.

So who is writing those puppet manifest then?

I'm a failed sysadmin that wants to become a developer, reason being no on call duty out of hours drop everything now bullshit.

Haven't thought about that aspect
But I don't mind that, st least it would give me a sense of duty out of work. You wouldn't believe how bored I get.

>spend 15 years mastering every nuance of the Xorg stack
>freetards switch to Wayland

Attached: 1523294123913.jpg (1000x1000, 81K)

Sysadmins are the ones running all the automation.
They'll all be called Cloud Solutions Engineering Architects or some shit in five years, but it's gonna be the same people.

bash terminal, linux, and some sysadmin. Look them up on Amazon books and then pirate from libgen

Currently Im doing LSF and reading a couple of linux and bash books
I just dont know where to start with sys admin books
Thats why im asking for some recommendations

This is the ultimate sysadmin book. I recommend to read it alongside with other online resources like LPIC study material or Digitalocean how-to articles for example.
Create virtual machines and try to setup stuff like a DHCP or DNS server and another VM to test it with.
Also learn to use vim if you don't know already.

Attached: Book.png (358x424, 75K)

>sysadmin

it's called devops now

don't even dare becoming a linux "sysadmin", don't be a moron

>wanting to be an admin
Literally just know Linux. It's the easiest and dumbest job I've ever had.

Linux Academy has a lot of good resources. If you want a cert to prove Linux knowledge, go with Red Hat. Get into cloud, orchestration and automation as soon as you have a good grasp on Linux.

NEET here suffering from imposter syndrome, what would an employer expect from a junior/entry level admin? Thanks to Jow Forums, i know my way around linux (arch/gentoo) but i switched to fedora because i know RHEL is popular, basic bash/python, setup apache, self hosted VPN/media server and some other small projects with a raspi..

is this good enough knowledge for entry level position? What else should learn, tired of being neet but job requirements make me feel not good enough

Attached: 1548865546046.png (205x246, 11K)

linux academy is great but a bit on the expensive side especially if you are a jobless student. Hard to pirate them too

I didnt study IT in 2004 Because I thought all websites were already build lol

It was the first item on amazon, Ill make sure to study it
Virtual machines sounds like a great prep work, I never would have thought if that
Its pricey but Ill give it a shot
I guess the cert would be my goal. I truly am the kind of person that needs proof that they are competent in something.
Its not like I dont know linux, I just want to make sure I know enough in order to do a good job. I dont just want to get paid for the job, I want to make sure I do it correctly

alright but how do you go from zero to hero in cloud terms? seems very hard to accomplish without real world training/exposure