>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti | If you can't afford to spend 350 dollar on a CPU go with AMD.
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3400CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices for older, less demanding or very well optimized titles
>RTX 2060 thanks to 6gb vram only good for 1080p or as a short-term solution; consider 1070/Ti or Vega56
1440p
>RTX 2070; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 ONLY if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 9900khousefire.png (1112x833, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256072
amazon.com/Element-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Switch/dp/B01FXF7HFC/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1549649689&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=e-elemnt z88
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEstAQWGYow
pcpartpicker.com/list/grCJdX
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600X/3939vs3956
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i was waiting for navi , but since it wont come out until october i cant keep waiting forever ...
do you think a 580 should be good enough for world of warcraft at 1440p?

Old school MMOs usually care about CPU speed more than GPU power I thought.

Not really. Nvidia is historically better for WoW if that's all you care about and the 1660Ti should launch next weekend.

amd shills are awake already

My PSU is from 2006 and working fine.
I made a mistake of reading a forum with stories relating catastrophic PSU failures that fry other components and now I am scared.
Should I upgrade or man up?

Did you get a shit/Chinese PSU? Most decent PSUs are built well enough to not fry other components when they die and will just pop a fuse or just not power on.

Attached: 1547405897008.png (1712x284, 24K)

I have a Thermaltake Toughpower 750W. Fuck if I know what safety measures it had back then.

How many years will a 2080 be able to play games in 4k after I'd need to turn down the resolution

>No Navi until AT LEAST october

Attached: lelfacegolden.png (327x316, 208K)

Until next gen consoles so 2-3 years

Hope the guy who said wireless mice are too heavy is around.

The G Pro Wireless is 80g and it can be charged via mini usb. It has 45-60 hours life depending on RGB and charging takes an hour or so.

78g without the bottom plate.

Who's the housefire now you fucking pajeet shill?

Attached: 106265.png (678x400, 22K)

That's tier F apparently, only one above grenade tier.
Maybe replace it mate, it's lasted long enough.

intel

Attached: chrome_L1HvvVEO1N.png (708x456, 180K)

I HAVE A 1060 SHOULD I JUST BUY A 2060 IM TIRED OF WAITING ON NAVI GODDAMNIT

Attached: 1536194729401.png (263x400, 226K)

Is Seasonic Focus Plus 650 Platinum ok?

>Ryzen
>AVX
Thanks for the self-defeating argument.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256072
i've been running this since 2011 should i be scared?

the only answer is ????????, you're welcome

Yup.

Does not effect power consumption, intel still consumes more power

Attached: 2700xpower.png (712x1441, 165K)

Fuck me. Does nobody know the answer:

1080 ti + triple 1440p monitors. 2@60hz, 1@165hz g sync. Will I notice slowdowns on the gsync monitor when gaming if all 3 are on?

Yes

Came from an RX 570 and was in the same situation. My 2060 came with a key for Anthem which I sold for 30€ and a 20€ Steam voucher so I basically paid 320€ for mine and I doubt a Navi equivalent will be significantly cheaper.

I doubt there would be much performance loss if there is little going on graphics wise on the sub screens. Right now my 1080ti is at 0% usage with 2 1080p screens, 1 at 144hz one at 60hz.

try it out

I doubt that that's even possible. I'm not gaming on a dual monitor setup but G-Sync seems to be incredibly stubborn when it comes to multi-monitor setups. If I don't run a game at fullscreen I get crazy stutters and jitter.

>How else are you going to prevent tearing when your GPU wants to push out higher fps?
I thought that's what gsync/freesync were for, honestly. No tearing without vsync seemed like the biggest selling point to me, and I just assumed it'd apply to the common 60fps/60hz case.
>I've been out of the loop for awhile, but don't nvidia cards with for Freesync now. Is there any reason to only look at gsync monitors now?
I read that it was only a couple of monitors but yeah looks like that's not really the case. Thanks

Right now I have 1x 1440p 165Hz Gsync and 2x 1080p 60Hz. It works like that. The new 1440p 60Hz monitors will be here on Sunday

Wait does he want to run Gsync on all 3? Or does he mean the one that has Gsync if the other two are turned on, with no gsync?

I am confused.

Just on one. They are this: S2417DG, P2418D, P2418D

I believe the latter. I'm not sure if it works but why the fuck would you even want to play on a setup like that. Two different refresh rates across three monitors seems to be incredibly jarring, to me at least.

anyone here run a dual monitor setup with a tn panel for gayming and a ips panel for other stuff?
was wondering if this setup would be the best compromise to get best of both worlds

There's like a million options for mice, but when it comes to budget keyboards you should look into cheap Chinese boards with Cherry MX knockoffs (which are every bit as good as genuine ones).
E-Element and Magicforce are really solid brands.

What's a good keyboard/mouse combination for about $150 CAD?

I'm not against some more out there gaymur shit that I can set keybinds to

See

Thanks dude, what should I look for as far as specs go?

I only game on the one screen but I need 3 screens for work. I upgraded the gaming one to 1440p G Sync and aside from gaming it's so much better for work that I've decided to upgrade the other two also, I just don't need G Sync on the other two.

Yes. Here. I'm discussing this very thing as it's what I have right now. It works well for me.

I'd get an expensive IPS/VA and a cheap portrait IPS. Just try various stuff and return it if you don't like it.

Intel. For the rest of eternity.

Attached: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.jpg (1166x910, 144K)

amazon.com/Element-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Switch/dp/B01FXF7HFC/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1549649689&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=e-elemnt z88

I have this one. It has all the bells and whistles that more expensive boards from Corsair and co. also have. N-Key rollover, RGB, and a decent build quality.
Just keep in mind that it has very gamery legends and while I do like the tactility of blue switches it can be incredibly annoying for other people when you're on discord and don't use push to talk. Other than that there's literally nothing wrong with it. It's even hotswappable and comes with 5 extra keyswitches so if one of them dies on you just swap em out. Also really like the compact layout since it's more ergonomic for gaymen, especially FPS.

how expensive? i'd like to stay under 600 euros per monitor if possible

I wouldn't recommend expensive ass gaming monitors with AU Optronics AHVA panels. The QC is beyond sketchy and you might end up returning a dozen of them until you get one with acceptable backlight bleed/IPS glow. Just get a much cheaper VA panel with 144hz and freesync and call it a day. Black levels are much more important for gaming.

Depends on the specs you're looking for. 27" 1440p 144hz IPS is about €500. VA equivalents are about the same if want to avoid the IPS panel lottery.
I'd get a ~€150 IPS monitor and use it as portrait for browsing, but that's up to you.

What would you guys choose for 1440p gaming, 2080 or 2070?

Attached: hardware.jpg (857x1506, 486K)

The third option, AMD Radeon Navi series.

Attached: 1486791253589.jpg (528x480, 37K)

Might as well wait for Intel in 2020.

it is a viable option in some regions desu, if it's not out of stock
where i live they go for 50 bucks cheaper than the cheapest 2080

When you guys sell parts how much do you sell them for, do you just see how much others are selling for and go off that or what?

wait you said navi, nvm my dumbass thought it was radeon VII

Nice, but I'm sure your friends from 2022 are missing you.

Thank you senpai ~

They're both good. Get something like the XB271HU with it. I'd pick the 2080

Is it viable to build a mini-ATX that can handle 1070 + Ryzen 7 while not being loud AF?

All VA 144hz panels are curved shit
black levels are not more important, games have all sorts of colors, you don't stare at pitch black all the time. You talk like an OLEDnigger
my local store had about ten XB271HUs in stock so I just bought one and tested it out in front of them, so that if it had any problems I could switch it with another. If you're the type to miss out on the best, get VA. Otherwise man up and buy the IPS panels, they are unmatched.

micro ATX? absolutely viable

youtube.com/watch?v=ZEstAQWGYow

Attached: debiru.png (224x314, 61K)

is the Acer Nitro XV272UP a decent monitor
i can't find any reviews for it

Nice amd shill thread. Pcbg is for building pcs not trying to pump your amd stock price

What kind of retard did you sell the code to? You need an RTX graphics card installed for GayFarce Experience to accept the code.

Ok its about time i upgrade my gtx 670. If i only play 1080p, i should be ok with rtx 2060 and it's 6gb vram for a few years right?

Or is it worth paying 30€ more for 1070 ti?

I don't play AAA games but I recently tried a high refresh monitor and I can't believe I've never went for them. The question is: do I stay with 1080p and go for high refresh there or do I upgrade the resolution as well? Resolution bump doesn't sound too bad considering it will help with viewing larger images and a better fit for two side windows, but other than those, I see no immediate benefit. Emulation should become harder and I might get screwed on streaming. Pic related don't look too bad, especially the AOC one. I don't like how huge these are, however. The largest monitor I have right now is only 24 american centimeters.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-08 14-52-22.png (1354x975, 456K)

wait for the 1660ti
feb 15th

If you are okay with feeling like a cuck, paying premium prices for 6 GB of VRAM, then get the 2060. If you don't trust professional benchmarkers and tech journalists in saying that the 6 GB of VRAM is fast enuff and the memory allocation yadda yadda, then 1070 Ti.

Yes, micro-ATX, I got confused looking at ITX stuff in the other tab.

Could you suggest what parts should I look into?
My goal is to have a system that could carry me for 3-4 years of 1080p gaming, I will most probably be working though backlog of older titles, so if new ones will only run smoothly on high is fine enough by me.
My idea was to get Ryzen 7/1070GTX/32RAM which seems to be most optimal performance-wise.

The caveat here is that I am not gaming 24/7, so having a smaller power-draw on idle would be great. Maybe I should look into Intel chips with integrated GPU?

Appreciate the help

pcpartpicker.com/list/grCJdX

Attached: please respond 2.jpg (480x479, 30K)

You're on the right track. Consider assembling a pcpartpicker list and submitting it here so we can be more helpful on specific points.
Any CPU will do if you invest in a dense enough heatsink so your fans don't have to run at audible levels.

Get an X470 board instead. Might help with future upgrades.

Why radeon vii not listed? It's literally the best price/performance on my workload, and the most sensible choice.

Practically no availability?

because this thread is actually /v/ and no one here cares about opencl performance

Attached: 1547926035479.png (802x799, 41K)

B450 will be find with 8 core zen2 since it handles 2700x of fine

The 12 cores will require a good b450 board like the MSI tomahawk/pro carbon

X470 is a waste of money

It's barely more expensive you mong

So i5-8400 is still the king if you want to game with style. Right?

>no one here cares about opencl performance
>caring about openCL performance
Why would they when CUDA exists.

I was also looking at the x470 gaming plus, but it looks like it's the same motherboard as the tomahawk in regards to cooling and vrms .. maybe I'm wrong? Please explain

>Flying off of the shelves is a bad thing
seething nvidiot

X470 is updated for the 2000 series cpus, it will also be able to use the incoming 3000 series cpus. Its barely any price difference, and you get the most updated mobos and in time if you want to upgrade, chances are you can.

Nah, you don't.

What? I meant it wasn't there because you can't buy it anywhere. Cease you side mentality bullshit.

$180 for 2600x is really nice, don't listen to that guy, b450 tomahawk is more than capable

>I meant it wasn't there because you can't buy it anywhere.
Dumb nvidiot thinks that being sold out us a bad. Go to bed jensen jacket man.

What do you mean by this? The b450 won't get updated for ryzen 3000?

>intel prices are still fucking retarded
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600X/3939vs3956

>looking at prices through userbenchmark
what a retard

Not that it won't, but it is more likely the x470 will be compatible

check pcpartpicker, retarded nigger

X470 boards have better VRM componentry which means it'll live longer and support higher TDP CPUs.

>8400 - $185
>2600x - $200
Stop posting idiot

WHAT A STEAL, LADS!

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-08 (OFFER QUICK SALE)Gigabyte Aorus GeForce Gtx 1060 6GB Graphics Card Amazing Co (1334x606, 422K)

>know 9700k is the more responsible choice
>still want to spend the extra for 9900k just to see all those threads rev up for the few times I'm doing non-gaming workloads

Should I do it bros?

Attached: 1382558771331.jpg (200x285, 15K)

It's your money. Personally I'd rather have a Xeon.

I want 7nm nvidia xx80 to draw

Why not get the 2700x then dumb threadposter? It's even better to just wait for Zen2.

best part: all hardware is more, not less expensive in your shithole where the minimum wage is 2-3times less than in other countries

probably, they're most likely going to use the extra efficiency to ramp up the clocks like amd did with the radeon 7

Get the 9700k. I got an 8700 over an 8700k because it was $100 cheaper and I'm a gaymur so I won't need to OC, the chip is plenty powerful already.