Does it really "just work"?

Getting so fucking fed up of android and windows. What I'm planning on getting:

>iphone xr
>macbook pro 1tb
>mac mini with external hard drives (hosting torrented movies, music etc)
>ipad (already have an ancient one)
>some apple tv 4ks

Anyway how much general maintenance do you have to do compared to windows/android?

Also if I have the mac mini set to "itunes homeshare" and have all my movies in mp4 on the mac mini, will the ipad/iphone be able to play 4k movies back? I am aware that the screens res is much lower wondering if it's going to start transcoding. (this is largely for gfs appleshit)

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 24K)

You missed the boat. Apple shit used to be pretty great, but gone way downhill since Jobs kicked the bucket.

fpbp

If you're talking about price, I'm aware it's overpriced as fuck, but honestly I don't care if it saves me time, respects privacy and isn't constantly spazzing like with windows.

Or if you're not, are there any particular issues you're talking about.... I know the mbp has the shitty keyboards/hinge and it's the product I'm by far most hesitant about

ARe you really incapable of using software which is routinely used by tens of millions of people on a daily basis?

>buying the budget version of a crashed flagship phone
>dropping $1k on a computer that's completely proprietary in form factor and parts
>spending $700+ on a big iphone tablet

This. Not an apple user myself but used to be interested in the technology and progress. Nowdays it's just a heard of sheeps following a dead meme.

Apple went from being overpriced walled of garden to overpriced piece of shit. While software was always up to debate and still is, hardware is just utter shit today for premium price.

Of course I can use it. I just don't enjoy wasting so much fucking time and love the idea of different devices working seamlessly together e.g. photo on iphone directly to document

Interested in the software side of things... although honestly the mbp clearly isn't overpriced apart from upgrades. Iphone xr yeah screen isn't great the rest of it's exceptional. AppleTVs are rip offs but willing to py the cuck fee for convenience. Ipad isn't overpriced at all

>photo on iphone directly to document

Like Microsoft Office Lens, which will also upload it to your cloud storage Onedrive account?

I'll give that a go then...

Also things like being able to reply to texts on your phone or flawless file transfer between computer and phone, just seems so much easier on friends appleshiy

>being able to reply to texts on your phone
>flawless file transfer between computer and phone

This must be a troll. There is no way that this cannot be a troll. No-one could possibly be this much of an ignoramus. No-one.

Attached: 1504470563228.jpg (1280x702, 111K)

It isn't just about the price.
The whole ecosystem assumes that you are a 40-something and that you need help in using the computer.
Plus the constant animations for EVERYTHING are really boring after a while, and really get in the way.
And the mouse, so praised by everyone, is on par with the XPS or surface lines. Actually pretty weird to use sometimes, especially for Photoshop or Ableton.
Keyboard meme is also true, my o key broke down after a month. A 4000$ laptop and I can't even write text on it. It has now become my Netflix laptop for when I eat. Speakers are good, I'll give you that.

iPhones are shit too, and are basically a machine engineered to make you spend money in the app store.

Honestly, the only worthy apple product nowadays is the airpods, so that you get to fuck qts. They sound like shit tho.

I got myself a used 2015 Macbook Pro, literally the perfect laptop.

> HI GOYS! This is totally not an Apple shill thread created by an Apple user
consider killing yourself.

Attached: 1526244917517.jpg (1222x1080, 155K)

This

If you want OP switch, but peak Apple was when jobs was alive. Just looking at their stuff now I know jobs would not allow half that shit.

>unironically installing Pajeetsoft crapware and using their shitty online services
lol

Don't forget to buy a pink purse, bro.

get a 2015ish era macbook, before the redesign. that series of macbook + iphone 6/se is god tier. before they started going crazy and removing all the usb ports, headphone jacks and hdmi outs

I am an authorized apple ios and mac technician.

Planned obsolescence is a core belief of apple design. Do not buy.

iPhones receive updates much longer than Android phones.

Yes. That is true.
An android phone last longer than a year tho. Whats the point of 5 years of support in no hardware last longer than two years, tops?

Also, those updates are mostly to slow down older phones, which falls right in line woth their planned obsolescence model.

>no hardware last longer than two years, tops?
That's bullshit. Any phone made since ~2014 is still usable right now.

My job is litterally to fix iShit.
iPhones, Macbooks, they dont last.
Theyre made to break down in a set period of time (usually a smudge longer than warranty) and be difficult to fix (glue: glue everywhere).

Like for real tho, this batteries could be held in by a few screws but noooo . . . glue.

I mean, I know no one here cares, but whose fucking idea was it to secure SOFTCELL batteries with glue? Seriously, the fuck. Battery is a part gauranteed to need to be replaced at some point and the put it in a firestarter softcell and GLUE it down.

Fuck you apple

You can get any ThinkPad/Latitude/Elitebook and hackintosh it

>respects privacy and isn't constantly spazzing like with windows.
I hace bad news for you user.

too lazy to list all the problems I had, but I didn‘t own a single apple product that didn‘t give me a headache...even my most recent purchase, the iphone se (wanted a small phone), has extremely shit connection and now it also starts falling apart (screen getting lose in two corners) although I rarely used it as a second phone

> iPhone 8 - If you want something "big"
> iPhone SE - if you're fine with a small screen
> Any macbook or mac mini before 2017

Should be fine.

Louis?

My iphone is two years old. My macbook is 4 years old

Yeah, and wait til a battery needs replaced [spoiler]that is, if it doesnt already and youre just using your iShit device with a dead battery causing fixing it is prohibitivly expensive, difficult and youre too stupid to do it.[/spoiler]

lol don't you have better shit to do than not know what board you're on and and insult people who are just fine with using a particular brand.

you know you can just not think about it and ignore apple shit. your life would be better and you wouldn't have to be so bitter. like do you think you're being funny with iShit? gee whiz you replaced the word phone with shit, what a great gag. i bet he feels dumb for using an iphone now!!! besides, other people don't get a kick out of servicing their own shit and replacing batteries and that's fine. they do what they do. that's outside of you. it doesn't matter. nothing matters

are you really gonna waste moments lambasting iphones

Congrats, you have made the right choice

Kill yourself Apple fag

derp.

nah i got the battery replaced on my iphone because of that discount apple was offering but my macbook battery is still fine. definitely a little degraded but it's still lasts long enough

it's all going downhill

t. slav working for a reseller and aasp for years

Attached: 1520045140640.jpg (1024x545, 171K)

>Does it really "just work"?
Yes.
Really, yes.
If (big if) you can accept that you have to play by their rules and can't really change a damn thing about how 'your' shit just works.

How the fuck is ThinkPad low price?
It's almost the same price as fagbook

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1546704260398.png (1009x959, 553K)

>Anyway how much general maintenance do you have to do compared to windows/android?

None, you pay Apple $800 for the maintenance :^)

>Anyway how much general maintenance do you have to do compared to windows/android?
Pay $800 every few months when the speakers, screen, or keyboard breaks.

Attached: 1523695386421.png (693x1723, 718K)

Attached: 1534917277254.png (1791x990, 819K)

Attached: 1525873507319.png (671x992, 354K)

>this is what apple worshipers believe

from one hole into the other
have fun

Attached: serveimage (6).jpg (800x800, 88K)

The problem is that it just doesn't feel like apple in general is on track.
Macs have USB-C (and no other ports, which is its own thing entirely) since 2016. iPad Pro got it in 2018. iPhone still doesn't have it.
How about the fact that airpower still hasn't released?
How about the fact that the MacBook Air is thicker than the 13" MacBook Pro?

As for the keyboard, seriously, it hasn't improved at all in the third generation. It's still a ticking time bomb, the only difference is that apple hasn't admitted it yet so there's no free repairs.

Same price new, but Thinkpads don't have the perceived name value apple does, so secondhand ones go for way cheaper. Keep in mind most of Jow Forums are poor NEETs who can't spend a thousand on computers. You also have the build quality to deal with, Macbooks have a solid aluminum build but the keyboards are absolutely fragile and can literally be fucked over by a speck of dust. Thinkpads are a bit cheaper feeling but the keyboards are great and are much more durable than the average mac.

My iPhone 6 just works, but I don't think I'll buy any modern Apple product.

Windows just works now. It's not 1995 anymore. Only OS that never works is Linux.

post the stacks

Apple isn't a "just works" platform, it's a "just throw money at it" platform. You buy Apple so that you can just buy Apple if Apple ever goes wrong.

Just buy a new Apple phone/pc every two years and you won't have any problems. Only poor people have to go to the genius bar for support/repairs.

Attached: 1526479383979.jpg (2000x1333, 455K)

kys faggot

Nextcloud has the same feature too, now.