Mfw people say the only good job for me is computer programming

>mfw people say the only good job for me is computer programming
Why do normies like to recommend programming as a profession to their friends? It's not fun, it's not "a puzzle", and it's entirely self-motivated. If you become a programmer you are a cog in a machine, much like an engineer. It pisses me off because programming as a life career will make you have little to no meaning. My biological dad is the top 10% security guys at fucking McAfee, he fucking hates it. So why would I be any different?

The only good job for you is whoring your ass

Learn to code

i understand user, i'm trying to find alternatives but i'm not sure what to get into. like what are decent career paths that don't involve programming

/thread
did you just get laid off OP?

Yeah but we can make tons of money, have good job stability, and there's pretty much no dangers or risks.

not like an engineer, they actually have to come up with ideas, they also know how to program.

all you need is a working computer and self-motivation. if you can't make money through that, you're a complete idiot.

Do it for a few years in a corporate environment then branch out. I did software engineering for 3 years at a large corporation then moved to product manager within the same company. The engineering background is a big differentiator over my colleagues.

Except your health that probably will get worse from stay seated everyday.

>If you become a programmer you are a cog in a machine, much like an engineer.
What if you're doing something creative and not some shitty business software?

Not going into a profession because it involves sitting will severely limit your possibilities in the job market

Youre not supposed to like it 100% of the time faggot. It's a job at the end of the day you're there for money not enjoyment. Welcome to the real world.

Just saying that you still have the probability to get fat, fuck up your column, kidneys, and all your body, so you can count it as a risk.

> It's not fun
No, it's actually really fun. Couldn't imagine a better balance for a job that pays well and is also incredibly lucrative.

You just don't have the personality or temperance for it. And that's perfectly fine. It's not for everyone.

This

it's only fun if you're a virgin autistic neckbeard with no social skills

le meme face xD
>be on your death bed
>never accomplish anything significant
>be a software engineer working for nameless chinese apps that never go big
>at least i have piles of money....uh......
Silicon valley more like indian/chink valley. Everyone knows California uses H1bs like crazy and everyone knows that foreign influence is too strong. You have Sundar Pichai in Google CEO, you have Satya Nadella for Microsoft CEO, you have a white woman Elizabeth Holmes who lied under oath and is being investigated for fraud. Tell me who wants to spend a life working to exploit the public - even if it does support a living?
The end result is being a cog in the machine.
>at least I worked on 1000 nameless batteries for DuraCell..... ugh....
>implying I care about exorbitant amounts of cash
Only good purpose for programming is for science. If you aren't bettering mankind through empirical research then you are just a slave to the free market.

yeah... it's a difficult choice
even assuming you know what you would like to do and it was possible for you to get there (two dubious assumptions) money really does matter
think about it, do you want your kids to grow up in a big house, eating healthy food, know that in the case of any medical issue you can hire the best doctors, have whatever electronic gizmos they want to show off to their frends, get a car at a young age, have a good education in a good highschool that'll allow them to get into a good college, possibly help them with paying for it, etc.
or do you want them to be the white kid who goes to public school, uses old clothes, never gets to do sports or other extracurricular activities, if he gets sick he's fucked, doesn't have consumerist shit to show off, doesn't have a car to drive girls home to fuck, can only get into community college, etc., just so you get to do research or whatever instead of programming meme features into a web app
a big problem that you point out is immigration, that is gonna drive wages lower for sure and can be an issue
but truth be told the reason most middle class men break their backs doing shit they hate is for their family

>It's not fun

I pity does who are too dumb to appreciate the creative potential of programming. How dull your lives must be

>My biological dad is the top 10% security guys at fucking McAfee, he fucking hates it
yeah no shit kid, he works for fucking mcafee

I don't want children

What's wrong with Mcafee? You talking shit about my dad's job?