Huge systemd vulnerability

>huge systemd vulnerability
>everyone vulnerable except fedora
every day i get more smug and i love it

Attached: fedora_logo.png (908x415, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

qualys.com/2019/01/09/system-down/system-down.txt
zdnet.com/article/microsoft-windows-zero-day-disclosed-on-twitter-again/
usn.ubuntu.com/3855-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tip tip

I know that feel.
Fedora is a comfy distro that just works and doesn't break with every update.
I pity all the fools that use anything else

i'll gladly suffer that tired meme while i compute like an absolute god

>source: my ass

source: qualys.com/2019/01/09/system-down/system-down.txt
>To the best of our knowledge, all systemd-based Linux distributions are
vulnerable, but SUSE Linux Enterprise 15, openSUSE Leap 15.0, and Fedora
28 and 29 are not exploitable because their user space is compiled with
GCC's -fstack-clash-protection.

I like how Fedora is always listed as an exception, when people link reports of the new vulnerability of the week.
I wouldn't get smug about using Fedora though. It got its pitfalls like every other OS.

>2019/01/09
But that's tomorrow

Attached: 1444079543592.jpg (421x480, 33K)

Oh, user...

when this go live?

>Compiles system software with sane security features
>Vulnerability doesn't work
Amazing that distro maintainers don't understand this.

>huge systemd vulnerability
>everyone vulnerable except fedora
This is part of (((their))) plan. They want everyone except redhatshit to be compromised so that it becomes the only option. The CIAnigger dream of having there be only one distro would be furthered

smug: the distro

Attached: boogie.png (768x768, 559K)

*laughs in fedora, cya retards

I tried running it, but everytime i login it freezes. On a clean install.

Someone redpill me on Fedora, might actually use than instead of whatever Ubuntu clone shit I do currently

redpill yourself, faggot. make a liveusb and try it out.
sounds like you have fucky hardware. my xps needs nouveau.modeset=0 to not crash on any distro

Windows here. Not vulnerable. Stay mad loser.

Not vulnerable besides the other handful of NSA backdoors that have yet to be discovered/leaked

will be trying it out one of these days. will install it on my laptop first to see how it is before my main system will be replaced.
kubuntu is okay, but i really like the idea of running first class systemd and flatpak on my system.
ignorance is bliss. quite honestly, i wish i was ignorant.
once you take the red pill, there's no going back.

who's mad? i'm literally gloating
zdnet.com/article/microsoft-windows-zero-day-disclosed-on-twitter-again/
woops, it happened again

> shows no proof

Sure buddy.

i have a Lenovo thinkpad t480
According to internet the solution on lenovo laptop is to add ahci.mobile_lpm_policy=0 as a kernel argument, but it didnt work and nothing else did, so i will probably have to consider another distro.

Eternal blue 2.0

>tfw openrc
I live another day

Attached: neenee.png (370x320, 30K)

Isn't systemd developed by redhat? How is this not suspicious?

I hope you realize that only redhatshit is compromised in the first place? It's literally a systemd vulnerability, i.e. a red hat vulnerability

>use fedora and opensuse
Fuck it feels so good to dodge that shit, get fucked arch fags.

redhat cucks trying to defend the indefensible

Personally I think that meme just makes it better. I was considering buying either a normal fedora or a red one and always referring to it as "red hat".

haven't patches been rolled so its not a problem anymore?

shits still unstable as fuck senpai

only slightly better than ubuntu

why cant linux get its shit together

Were you in elementary school when Snowden leaked all that data? Fucking zoomers

Attached: 1547872772699.jpg (500x750, 182K)

wtf are you on about, redditspacer?

red hat is the standard that every linux distro should follow

this, but actually, everyone follows red hat even though they can't replicate the real thing. Red Hat and Fedora are just better built together than Ubuntu or Debian which are kind of hybrids with various tools
it's very stable, the only thing is that it doesn't package as much software as debian

What's with all the fedora shilling on Jow Forums lately? Did some e-celeb start using it?

they couldnt figure out Arch

Arch has never been a minimalist distribution. Splitting packages is rare compared to other distributions, and dependencies aren't made optional whenever possible. Arch has *never* been minimalist... a Linux kernel with every module available and every feature enabled at least when there's no non-bloat related cost, feature-packed/complex GNU tools, nearly all optional features enabled across all the packages, etc.

>pacman is fast but not safe, it tends to break shit and config protection is implemented in a terrible way
>there is no official process to verify that a package is stable within the distro, in other distros a lot of packages are in a testing repo despite that specific package's developer claiming it to be stable on its own, because it might not be stable within the environment of a specific distro
>a lot of AUR packages pull from upstream, which means they could be very unstable
>(arch vs gentoo related) arch users complain about muh compile time when it comes to gentoo, while in fact they compile a lot of AUR packages themselves, namely the *-git packages that pull the source from a git repo
>but it gets even better: they only compile a handful of packages, and those not being libraries mostly, the self-compiled packages get linked against precompiled libraries from a different setup (e.g. different optimization levels), which can then cause even more instability because it's a clusterfuck of unequal shit
>arch uses (((systemd))) and switching to something else is hard
>apparently the vim package on arch pulls in X, so if you want to have a fancy terminal text editor on a headless server, you to install a shit ton of GUI stuff you'll never need nor use
>maintainer told the guy who complained to just symlink vi to vim (vi is inferior)

Which distro to replace fedora now that got bought?

A couple years back Fedora lost my video drivers during an update (22 to 23 I think?).
It was annoying but it also made me really appreciate that Fedora adds the past 3 updates as separate options in grub.

Linus Torvalds has always used it. Is just that now every freetard distro is starting to shit the bed because they can't properly backport systemd in time. That's one thing, for starters some security bugs don't even affect Fedora thanks for the compilation flags they use, it is hardened by default.
>arch
stability, security? no, the focus is that is braindead for developers and users. Yet they always shit the updates

Feels good to be using runit

how can a fixed release distro be more unstable than a rolling release distro? based and fedora pilled.

>Surprised by the heavy usage of alloca() in journald, we searched for another attacker-controlled alloca() and found CVE-2018-16865
Yikes

Drink bleach and shoot yourself in the mouth, you fucking failed abortion.

>using a distro with systemd

Attached: lol.gif (325x244, 1.84M)

Another day, another Linux cope thread.
Just leave your meme kernel behind already

>systemd
>everybody

Feels good to be on a distro with a sane init system.

Attached: bluepiSW.jpg (232x227, 44K)

systemd isn't linux

IBM bought RedHat, maker of both Fedora & systemd, so it's being shilled to get the value up.

Linus T.
t. not a arch fanboy
>Arch minimalist. Pacman bad.
Arch provides minimal comfort. You have to activly maintain but pacman provides sufficient support.
>Splitting packages, nearly all optional features enabled
Don't you like features? SSDs are fast so you don't need small binaries anymore. If some features interfere there are probably alternative packages. It's stupidly easy to make one if one nedds it. There are a ton of optional dependencies (see pic).
>there is no official process to verify that a package is stable
Arch isn't supposed to be used in production. Some users/maintainers are just so accustumed to the upkeep of this distro that they make/spread this strange assumption. Arch is more like a overly pleasing/lazy Devop. It works most of the time and you have most latest/featurerich software.
>AUR packages pull from upstream, which means they could be very unstable
again as unstable as the software vendors dev process. If your package does break shif in the master/release branch then the software is rootedly shitty
>AUR-git compiles too
these are mostly small packages not firefox or even the kernel.
>the self-compiled packages get linked against precompiled libraries from a different setup/optimisation
different optimisation is not even the problem.
while this may be true for some packages, it's mostly documented/a known downside that can be mitigated. Sometimes one the self-compiled package needs their dependency to self-compiled itself and this can be annoying. But what would be the alternative? Using unstable debian packages or 3rd party repos also has disadvantages.
>arch uses (((systemd))) and switching to something else is hard
systemd is a fedora project. fedora beeing RHs laboratory. Also industry standard. Modular, modern, polarizing.
>apparently the vim package on arch pulls in X
pic related. maybe a make dependency
>maintainer told the guy who complained to just symlink vi to vim (vi is inferior)
nvim>*macs>vi>vim

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-09-06-36-41-569_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg (701x1267, 147K)

Ubuntu and Debian are patched

usn.ubuntu.com/3855-1/

>systemD distros

no, that was a month ago. it's 2019/02/09 today

>everyone vulnerable

I run Gentoo without systemd

lol why isn't this patched yet?