/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: oold5ygcwlcy.jpg (540x378, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Xiaomi-Unlocked-Multi-Functional-Magnetic-Smartphone/dp/B07N6N7JP3/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=mi mix 3&qid=1549677334&s=Prime Video&sr=8-1
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-mix-3-global
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are the chances that Xiaomi is reserving the global Mi Mix 3 for the 5G variant that's launching some time this year? I'm not willing to drop $475+ on it just because it has 5G modems inside it.

>radiomi
>5g
Are you fucking not going to have kids? First generation of 5g chink smartphones will be literally cancer.

Attached: chartoftheday_12797_the_phones_emitting_the_most_radiation_n.jpg (960x1007, 659K)

don't be an eternal nigger, then
buy a new phone when your current one conks out, not when it goes out of fashion.

RF isn't ionising radiation you mong

>What are the chances that Xiaomi is reserving the global Mi Mix 3
What do you mean? Global Mi Mix 3 is already available.

good goyim

Is there a way to retrieve data from a locked Android phone? All these programs to remove the password and such look really shady. Can't remember the password and it's not connected to the internet.

GIVE IT BACK JAMAL

Nah it's just my old S5. Was too paranoid about weak passwords.

sure thing LaTerrious Da'Quan, give it back

NOTE 9 IS THE BEST PHONE IN THE WORLD

Note 7 when

>having kids

I mostly use phones for games. And light streaming.
Carrier: Unlocked, or Spectrum, or a flybynight monthly card thing.
Features: Gaming. my old moto g4 is having a hard time with newer games or games that get constant updates. fortnite, pubg, kings raid, sword of chaos, honkai impact, etc
Budget: 750~ usd
Size: phone/tablet size? didnt think about it till now

Should I get the Motorola One or wait a month for the Moto g7?

Also what the hell is the difference between all the Motorola models?

Attached: 1498369471048.jpg (412x549, 58K)

new low end motorolas arw not worth getting for gaming

you should not get a motorola considering your budget, get an S8 or S9 in a few weeks when the price drops

mostly used my phone for messaging, internet and videos, and i highly prefer it not to be a chink phone. also sick of apple my friends keep telling me they're the best and after the iphone 5 s i'm 100% sure they're full of shit.
Carrier: verison
Budget: ideally below $400 but can look around this
Size: i like a smaller phone i currently have a iphone 5s its a bit small though.
Features: i love battery life the longer the better. as long as i can use my 2-step verification apps and any sort of private messaging i'm good.

look at moto x4 it's cheap and good for the things you mentioned, won't find a small phone nowadays though

hey /spg/, what phone would yall recommend to someone who plans on using it for basic things such as whatsapp and shit ? a good camera would be nice, but it's not mandatory at all. Good battery life and a sweet price is what i'm after, thanks.

are the new moto g7's really that big? the big ol battery on the power looks like it could be promising.

Mi Mix 3 Global

I mean yeah compared to the iphone you have

country? carrier?

Oh sorry, Brazil.
Carrier, i'll have to pick that once i get the phone, but i suppose either TIM or Claro by the looks of it.
Sorry if i'm providing info in a retarded way, i'm not at all used to smartphones.

looks like more than I need and price is right.

is there a special vendor or somesuch thats trustworthy?

amazon.com/Xiaomi-Unlocked-Multi-Functional-Magnetic-Smartphone/dp/B07N6N7JP3/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=mi mix 3&qid=1549677334&s=Prime Video&sr=8-1

This it?

save 50 shekels and get it on Ali for 488. You just have to wait a month longer.

>gaming on a smartphone

Attached: bf4.png (229x345, 121K)

Hey man I wish I could carry around my desktop with me everywhere but more often than naught im in some place not home with a lot of waiting time or I set my phone down for some auto grinding

My new (to me) Nexus 9 just arrived boys
wat do?

Attached: IMG_20190208_214611.jpg (4032x2250, 1.55M)

Is it supposed to be $599 for the base model though? I think the base model goes for $475 but Gearbest shows the base global version as $599

Instead you could read a book.

I've been rocking my Moto X4 for two or three months now and the phone is still fucking magical. Payed I think $400 ausbucks for it and it's been easily the best phone I've ever owned. Decent enough camera, never gets warm, has 2+ day battery life of light use since the 9.0 update, got Android 9 sooner than most flagships and has generally been a joy to use, between build quality and the bloat-free Android experience.

Shame it's so bloody difficult to find Motorolas in this country, I'm not sure I'm ever really going to want anything else now.

Wasn't it the last phone developed in Chicago before Lenovo shut shop there?

I've been using one for a year 4/64gb version, rock solid device. No notch, headphone jack, perfect screen size. With light use I get a days use, android 9 has fucked up the screen brightness, otherwise zero reliability issues, crashes or slowdowns.

I can't fathom the rationale of a device costing 4 times as much.

Sell it after you realize android and tablets don't mix

You are clueless, the mobile gaming market dwarfs console and pc combined lol

Just wait for the Moto g7 series coming soon. The g7 Play looks promising. well as long as you dont mind that big ass fucking notch on the screen.

don't know what you're talking about
never had a problem with them, and this is gonna be an emulating mad machine anyways

Need a new phone soonish. Should I try to debotnet an existing device or grab an old dumbphone while I wait for the Librem 5?
>inb4 the Librem 5 is shit
Probably but I really hate The Watchers.
>inb4 the Librem project is compromised
Probably but I'm dropping it in a deadbag whenever I'm not using it anyways.

Attached: anime has question.jpg (491x590, 113K)

I am going to buy a OP6 on ebay anything I should know first ?

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 15K)

if you're dropping it in a faraday bag then what does it matter if its a Librem or Android?

Access to local files with the phone out of the bag but all the wireless hardware switched off.

>hurrrr if its compromised, ill just be dropping it in a bag
>hurrrrr its compromised but muh switches wont be!
christ you're an idiot

>get email about moto g7 series coming soon
>excite
>see the phone(s) itself
>big gay ass fucking notches everywhere
welp.. what are my other options for cheap 300-400 dollar phone gaming?

Currently - moto g6 play
Country - USA
Carrier - Unlocked
Wanted features - 3.5mm jack, no notch, decent for games

Attached: moto-g7play-pdp-fullbleedhalf-water-resistant-d.jpg (1920x948, 163K)

It might be compromised, as compared to Android, which is definitely compromised.
Faking hardware kill switches is also slightly more difficult than hiding some spyware or a backdoor.

Redmi Note 7 LATAM/Taiwan when its released

Galaxy s8/9 might be getting a pricedrop soon, can probably get a good refurbished one for that price.
Even a Note 8 is still good.

As long as there is an option to hide the notch I'll still get one
a mid spec phone with a bigass battery appeals to me

still using iphone 5 in 2019. looking for my next phone to last another 4 years at least. In that case should i be looking at getting a current flagship? currently waiting on a S9+ / Note 9 price drop. is note 9 even worth if i dont care about stylus?

>check specs
>g7 has 4gb ram power
>g7 play has 2gb ram
>same everything else
what.. am I missing here?

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-mix-3-global

Redmi Note 5/6 Pro

Nothing, it's just shit. The g7 play has less ram and smaller battery than the g6 play.

LG V30/V35 off eBay

thanks for the recommendation, looking into it.

Buying advice:

>Country: Austria
>Budget: 300€

>Wanted features: Audio jack, Removable batteries, Wifi, LTE, GPS
>Preferred: Bluetooth, Gyroscope, Compass, NFC, all that fun stuff
>Lifespan: 8-10 years

I currently still have my S3 and it will probably serve me a few more years but it seems the trend is shifting away from the audio jack and removable batteries, meaning I presume lifespan will be greatly reduced for the second one. I dont care a lot for the audio jack, yet I fear there will not be a properly established new audio standard for quite some time and I am going to get a proper set of headphones soon. Fuck dongles.

Hi /spg/

My phone Nexus 6P has died after almost 3 years and half. Now I am looking for a new phone but almost of them are ugly as fuck, especially the ones with a notch. I thought about Xiaomi Mi Mix 3. What are your opinions?

Thanks

I live in Japan.

I have a Yodaphone 2 (YD201, the Chinese version).

What is the best simfree company for me with unlimited data?

Attached: yotaphone-2-price-in-india.jpg (556x561, 62K)

As far as i'm aware the LG V20 is the last consumer phone with a removable battery (zerolemon also does a huge 10Ah battery for it). Last Samsung was S5. Check gsmarena phone finder

I have had a Mi Mix 2 for a bit over a year now, one of my best tech purchases. Only thing I don't like about it is that it isn't a Mix 2S or 3, and eventually 4. It'll be a massive improvement over the 6P in-hand feel.

For any Mi Mix 3 users, is there a sound quality loss from the usb phonejack?

Usb-c audio is pretty much identical to jack, you just have a gay dongle connected to your earbuds from now on

don't get it. small-ass battery ---> more recharge cycles -----> battery won't last long.
you'll have to replace the battery in about a year if you're gonna do heavy gaming on it.
Get something with a big battery.

I have a ZTE Blade A512, I wish there was a way to fix it, APN setting malfunctions so I am stuck with a prepaid SIM. I wish I could sell my main phone when I get it back from repairs. This one is good enough but I want to use a subscription SIM with it. I have tried anything except rooting and installing custom ROM which is a daunting task for me as I don't know anything about phones internal workings.

get the redmi note 7

U-mobile has the qtest girl

Attached: img_mainvisual_xs.png (640x480, 28K)

Another guy. the tablet experience is nice on android, but just that, nice. You don't know what you're missing on ipads. Get an ipad; it's not that worse value than android tablets. Just don't get one of these old ipads now; wait for the 2019 models,wehether you're getting theold or the new ipads, it'll be a better bargain once the news models are released.

Out of stock completely unfortunately. Any alternatives still alive?

These two. But if you'regonna decide between old flagships and new midrangers,decide how much you value new software and updates,and how long you wanna keep your phone before getting anew phone.

ye, it is. it's the phone moneycan buy right now, but it's not the best value. so, if you don't wanna buy it for the stylus, don't buy it now. It'sonly worth its price for its power-user feature (stylus and such). Wait for a price drop.

Yup, removable batteries died a long time ago. why do you want removable battery anyway?

>Lifespan: 8-10 years
Good joke

Small battery, willhave to replace soon. plus, one of the heaviest radiation emitters. also, chinese ROM not everyones cup of tea (lack of app drawer, iphone-y looks... etc)

Your budget and needs?

If I'm not mistaken phones without headphone jacks have worse quality sound through USB port than through 3.5mm jack.

the best*

Longetivity, I want that lifespan to be at 8-10 years as I said. Hard to get those juicy numbers without replacing your battery

Still having my S3 friend, will get into the 8 years easily, I have not even flashed a rom on it yet

just get a regular popular phone, and every time you need a battery replacement head to the (I don't know the word in english) official seller (one recognized by the manufacturer as their official vendor of products and their replacement parts) to replacce your phone battery.

Dumb old boomer detected
literally neck yourself if you're too poor to buy the snappiest phone on the market and have it replaced within 3-4 years.
FUCK YOU MAN
FUCK
YOU

FUCKING LOL
Imagine using a shitphone for 8-10 years
it'll be slow as fuck
literally get a 3310 you geriatric cunt

t. wageslaves living in a rented flat. You shits could never even grasp the money-management needed for a business

Yeah, that is probably not a bad idea. Still uncomfy figuring all that stuff out though desu

I'm a richfag you imbecile, stop larping as the spartan businessman who lives like a penny pincher because muh savings

Prove it

no poorfag uses Intel+Nvidia

Attached: btfo.jpg (1129x593, 166K)

>Gigabyte Motherboard
>RAM 1600Mhz
>16GB
>Storage no M.2
>1500GB
>no soundcard for audiophile level output
lel

What's a luxury phone that doesn't make people think you bought it just to show off wealth?

So a non nigger luxury phone desu.

I want something high quality, no compromises

Attached: Japanese_women.jpg (1851x1400, 362K)

Fairphone

Unlimited data.

I have another phone with extremely limited data and I am just fed up with the thing. Don't care about losing number if I can't transfer it.

I am thinking LINE Mobile is a good choice. It uses Docomo's network which seems to be supported.

>Still having my S3
And when did it last receive a software update? Imagine how many exploits it's vulnerable to that will never be fixed, it must have more holes than a Swiss cheese. I guess such things don't matter when you're a NEET but some people need their phone to be secure.

Dolphin, N64, and PSXe emulators. Get copies of the nest games from Wii, GameCube, and Playstation. Perfect size for emulation. Only sad thing is the limit of 25gb of usable space. Also get Aldiko reader and get a few thousand epubs for your Nexus.

I've been tempted to get a used Nexus as my Nvidia Shield k1s battery has been going to shit but aside from the Nexus being the 64bit version they're nearly identical.

You should report back in a week with how you like it and if it deserves the hate or not

i recently bought a nokia 7.1 since its one of the few reasonably priced phones left and it looks pretty slick
so far, after replacing the launcher with openlauncher and some default g*ogle apps with f-droid alternatives, im happy with it
there even is a toggle for "removing" the disgusting notch where it still puts the status stuff at notch level but keeps the notch background black
i havent seen any custom roms or roots for it though, any news on those?

also recommend to me a good music player app that is available on f-droid

Attached: df8fe59f34ffde033470fca3dab4ad5c.jpg (500x700, 86K)

lol? It's the Aorus Gaming 7, top shelf stuff. The RAM is 3200mhz, it's always shown as half if you used computers you'd know that. 16gb is enough for gayming, just because I can afford more doesn't mean it's okay to get it.
As for sound, I have an e10k and an HD 598, that's plenty good for me. I'll get an SSD in March, prices were pozzed in my country until recently.

Size of market =/= Quality

>i havent seen any custom roms or roots for it though, any news on those?
It won't get those as long as the bootloader can't be unlocked.

ok too bad, but the android one it comes with is better than i expected, the only actual bloat is all google stuff
no ads in notifications or anything either

Attached: 45d77f1db6a447006a46316b5765b589.jpg (461x623, 95K)

> I'll get an SSD in March, prices were pozzed in my country until recently.
top fucking lmao, stop pretending, that is pretty "penny-pinching" yourself. You are either a larper, an idiot or a hypocrite, probably all three

Attached: ayyy.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Remember to install GCam for better photos