What is this?

I want to replace the part in the circle I drew. What is it? (this is a car key btw)

Attached: IMG_0335.jpg (1574x2100, 578K)

nsa spying device. Definitely phones home

If you don't know what it is, why do you feel the need to replace it? Makes me question if you are capable of replacing it.

Too big to be a resistor or cap, maybe an smd antenna. There aren't any numbers on it?

Attached: PCS.06.A.png (1073x653, 289K)

maybe 125kHz antenna
is it a coil?

Antenna is what I had thought. I don't see any numbers on the part itself.
To order a new one?
I am expecting to solder out the old one and the reverse with the new one.

Those things rarely break.If somethings fucked up,it's probably the mcu itself.

It's the loop for the antenna. If you aren't capable of answering this you definitely aren't capable enough to replace it. Just buy a third party replacement and take it to a locksmith.

front

Attached: IMG_0337.jpg (4032x3024, 2.04M)

As close as I can get without losing focus. Couldn't find a macro lens

Attached: IMG_0338.jpg (4032x3024, 1.79M)

Picture too blurry. Possibly a magnetic device. At first it looked like a coil but in the pic looks like a flat plate. Get a multimeter and check what kind of current is supposed to go thru it. Look up specs for other similar key fobs. The circled device is not a common electrical part, definitely not something I've seen in stuff I've worked with, but I haven't dealt with much radio/remote control type stuff

replace the quartz crystal. it's the shit that breaks most often when you drop remotes

It looks like a bar antenna. You sure that's what's broken?

yeah, i'm sure
how to order a new one?

it has a coil. I think it's an antenna. How to order/buy something similar?

>Want to replace it.
>Don't even know what it is, or what it's purpose is.

wut

first time for everything

Have you tried sticking it in the oven on 450 overnight to see if that fixes it

How the fuck are you sure? SMD antennas are physically absurdly durable. I'd suspect everything else on that board first.
If there aren't any numbers then you'd have to either get ahold of the board layout/bom, or do a bunch of work: Measure the old component with some calipers, figure out what the carrier frequency is for that thing, and find a replacement at the right size and frequency on digikey/mouser/whatever.

Btw retard it's probably not broken it can just be resoldered, but also, it's probably not the culprit

It's probably part of the 125kHz receiver for keyless entry. The car transmits packets on 125kHz and the car responds with on uhf to unlock or start the car.
There should be plenty of such antennas on ebay.

*the key responds

thx
search for 125kHz antenna on ebay

by your logic, don't replace the cord on the broken machine, get a new machine.
wasteful, shameful, disgraceful

>wasteful, shameful, disgraceful
So is wasting your money, time and energy replacing parts that do not need to be replaced and misdiagnosing things because you don't understand what they are or how they work.

in fact that's far worse, as it's the kind of ignorant wastefulness that compels people to destroy objects instead of repairing them.

_you_ are disgraceful. Get a multimeter at least before you go replacing surface mount pcb components with a fat walmart soldering iron you total fool.

that's why they want the part replaced. they are probably getting the headaches again

yeah. at this point I'm pretty sure either this is a troll thread or OP has an IQ below room temperature

engine immobilizer or antenna

Check my post which gives actual detail on the replacement process vs his reply. He just isn't making sense. Either the guy is legitimately schizo, or this is just a stupid troll thread. What a cunt. Sage goes in all fields.

go to radio shack user
frys?