>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti | If you can't afford to spend 350 dollar on a CPU go with AMD.
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3400CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 for older or less demanding titles
>RTX 2060 thanks to 6gb VRAM is only good as a short-term solution; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56
1440p
>RTX 2070; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 ONLY if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerate and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080
>RTX 2080 Ti is better, but very expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: __anchovy_girls_und_panzer_drawn_by_barashiya__0c062512484db24b2d6c04b5d6c36931.jpg (2728x3913, 555K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/11844/
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/tools/planner_build_your_own_desk/#
pcpartpicker.com/list/6C3F6s
pcpartpicker.com/list/f8V6fH
pcpartpicker.com/list/vfbX7W
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cute OP.

Attached: 68343091_p0.jpg (1086x1498, 1.02M)

What's the COOLEST looking CPU cooler? Liquid.

I was thinking of getting the H150i Pro but it feels plain. I'm aiming for a 360 mm.

I would also like to add extra fans to the case. Any recommendations?

sort by 360mm on newegg and choose what looks cool to you

AIO is rice, go custom watercooling if you really want aesthetics

what size fans and for what purpose?

Bit of a different questions but can anyone reccomend a good desk for a PC setup?

Buy 32gib of ram now or later when it's cheaper?

So are RAM prices still expected to drop over the course of this year? How about SSD prices?

Attached: 1549223661762.gif (500x506, 172K)

the ones with max amount of rgb, dont forget your rgb case fans with added rgb strips for maximum zoomerism

ikea mix n match table and legs
32gb is sub $200 now

>2x8gb is like 100 eur
>500gb ssd is 60 eur
shit is cheap

RAM expected to drop in price next year as china finishes building DRAM fab.
SSD prices are already dropping, on black friday I got a 1tb samsung ssd for $100

>32gb is sub $200 now
Yeah and 16gib is sub 100 right now, and I'm not sure how cheap things will get

pic is my current build, feedback desired
specs: 9700k 4.9ghz, d15s, 32gb ram, 2080, sf750, 4xSSD + 1x nvme

Attached: bild.jpg (3024x3024, 1.9M)

Maybe NZXT's kraken line. It's very expensive though for arguably unimpressive performance when put up against custom cooling.
It is cheaper now. If you wait too long, DDR4 production will be cut for DDR5 and prices will go back up. SSD prices may or may not go down, only worth waiting if you want NVMe.

Attached: IMG_20190208_205952.jpg (550x813, 42K)

good specs, ugly build appearance.

well I'm Just Waiting™ for Zen 2, but I have a DDR4 system with m2 slots already. So if the prices aren't expected to change much, I could get them now, might as well, but if they are expected to drop, well, why spend the money. Also I'm more worried about the RAM since I want the fancy low-latency B-die stuff that Zen supposedly prefers, which is more expensive.

I have a feeling b-die will stay expensive forever.

>ikea mix n match table and legs
Can you explain why and if possible give a link to a specific one?

>tfw own an RTX 2060
>tfw the crushing feeling of regret sets in every passing day

>building DRAM fab
What volume are they going to be producing at?

Samsung, Micron, and Hynix produce roughly 800,000 total a month.

>800,000 wafers total*

there's no point in getting bdie now unless some crazy deal ram is going down if anything

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/11844/
you have many options to put together the setup that works for you, and ends up pretty cheap assuming you have ikea close by

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/tools/planner_build_your_own_desk/#

Ahhh armpits

O shit, thanks user

Attached: 1369500358885.gif (300x169, 1.31M)

I asked this last thread, which is a better investment, a Vega 56 or 2060? The 2060 seems like it's going to be the new 1060 with the benefit of faster ram. The Vega seems like a comparable 1070/ti from a specs standpoint with more ram to back it up. Like the 2060 will be good for a while until 8 gb is the standard. That'll make the Vega more capable longer term despite being the older card. But the 2060 will probably get better support and has more popular gimmicks like raytracing and dlss.

Right now I can't see myself getting into 2/4k for a few years, and my 1080p monitor is compatible with free-sync.

Attached: pringles_heatsink.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Should I go for a 1070 or 1080 when I have a 2600x? Or should I first upgrade my processor to an I7?

straight bekant 160cm in black black is the certified chad choice. optional: seating/standing electrical variant

Attached: 0645215_PE703323_S5.jpg (2000x2000, 119K)

2060. i don't think you'll be capped by 6gb at 1080p for a long time
what do you have now

Buy now then sell when during the next shortage

Sorry forgot to say, currently have an RX 580

why would u change entire platform when u already are on latest amd i dont get it

So you're saying a 2600x should work fine with a 1080/1070? Currently using a 144hz/1080 build and really wanted to take advantage of the speed

Any suggestions for a simple black high airflow case, ideally with solid sidepanels and not glass? I like the Meshify C but am curious as to whether there are better performers or similar viable alternatives.

Building a new PC, turn it on, fan spins, then spins faster, then spins very fast and stays like that (!). No video on monitor (!!!). Tried with motherboard video ports, tried with graphics card video ports, tried different sticks of RAM. The PSU is old and shitty but it should have more than enough wattage to power this. Also, I don't have a system fan connected, only CPU fan. No beeps, but I don't think this thing has a speaker.

What do I do?

Gigabyte GA-F2A motherboard w/ iGPU
Athlon X4 860K
300W PSU from an HP prebuilt
Radeon HD 7480 (at times)
32GB DDR3-1866 Corsair, sticks tested individually

yes? huge waste of cash changing entire platform unles u wanna go to a 1080ti or 2080 ti and push maximum frames at low res with current gen intel

meshify s2
r6 not as high airflow

actually it's an HD 7450, not an HD 7480, if that matters

>ASRock AB350
>Radeon Pro 3100
>1700X
>32gb ram.

Rate my (upgrade from a bulldozer core) build:

Find a new power supply - could be an issue on one of your rails. Or lol, RIP your motherboard.

try a different PSU

What are the pros and cons between Windows 7 and Windows 10?

My gf

There are already chink 2400 DDR4 RAMs on the market

it's the only PSU my black ass has, and it worked the last time I used it (a year ago?) so are you sure this is the issue?

Try also clearing your sram/whatever

Why the regret?

Noctua d15

>Not even 5gh
Kek
>Dog shit colours
Kill yourself

sram?

Whats wrong with the 2060? Last month everyone is shilling that this was the greatest thing to happened.

Reposting with a decision on brand, I want intel. I want to try Intel since my current build is AMD. Trying to keep my budget at a ceiling of $1600.
But, I'm still looking for a cooler for the Intel build, and am not completely cemented into the monitor. I'd like to keep the monitor at 25" or smaller as well, for desk space purposes, unless it's a nice deal. Pic related is my current situation. Looking for build opinions/part switches, and mainly a cooler.
>Intel(incomplete)
pcpartpicker.com/list/6C3F6s

Attached: file.png (579x387, 35K)

In buying one of those liquidation bundles, I got two HD 6990's in with the rest of the shit.
What the fuck do I do with them?
My PSU isn't up to running even one, and with XFire being poorly handled, as well as the power draw in general being quite high to say the least, and performance similarly being unimpressive for what it has to offer, I can't think of what to do with them.

Can Ryzen 5 2500U mobile chipset handle games like yakuza 0?

>i7
deprecated housefire

Thinking about buying an uninterruptible power supply.
Anyone here have a recommendation on model or brand to pick?

Attached: 1540602417729.png (2000x1501, 1M)

Why do noctua coolers have that god awful color scheme? Jesus christ, you'd think the PC would have wood trim on it or something.

Same reason Canon makes their pro lenses white: it might be garishly ugly but it lets everyone who looks know exactly what brand of equipment you're using, which is the goal in life of every shitstain in every marketing department in every company the world over.

Because the appearance of computer parts doesn't matter unless you're a manbabby who finds flashing lights exciting

How is this for a build?
pcpartpicker.com/list/f8V6fH
Is this fine enough for a 1080p 75hz freesync monitor or should I change that?
I don't have an rx 580 in my area.
Also what will be the intel/nvidia equivalent build for comparison?

Attached: build.png (859x631, 65K)

Ikea Bekant / Galant is one of the best desks for the price at Ikea. Mine's 63"x31.5", very sturdy, and very flat/clean (lots of their desks have a weird texture that makes it tough to write on).
To top it off, it's more sturdy than the usual Ikea desk. I think it's still particleboard/veneer, but it's not hollow at all, so you can mount multiple monitors safely, sit on it, put your 3d printer, etc., without worrying about it breaking or warping. I recommend this desk to pretty much everybody.
It's also height adjustable (within reason for sitting), doesn't have anything obstructing your legs, so you can stretch your legs as much as you like in any direction, and easy to cable manage. If you move, you can sell the desk top, pack up the legs, and buy a new countertop. They do have a max weight limit, but I'm guessing that's for legal reasons. I just can't imagine them breaking even with hundreds of pounds on top, they're built like a tank. I'd feel comfortable jumping up and down on my desk.

TL;DR: The Galant/Bekant desk is the masterrace of cheap desks if you're looking for functional with a clean/minimalist style.

>AMD FX
>I want to try Intel
Figures

Plus I've heard everything from "AMD is a meme","Wait for zen2", "Intel is better for gaming". Etc. Grass just seems greener on the other side.

best AM4 motherboard?

Attached: 400series mobo tier.png (1069x1274, 163K)

thx

Ok, so I think I decided on a monitor, but now I'm still trying to choose a CPU cooler. I'm between the Hyper 212 EVO and the ARCTIC Freezer 33 esports ONE.
Current build: pcpartpicker.com/list/vfbX7W

590 isn't great value, also you can probably find a 1 tb ssd for only a little more

As no ones really giving a reason why they hate the 2060, it's probably just anti-shilling on something popular.

Low amount of VRAM makes it not future proof, or so the conjecture goes.

the only ones available here are rx560's, 590's and vega 64.
there are 2060's though, but it's $400 in my area. will 1060 6gb do (cost 30$ less than 590)?

>tfw bought a brand new 590 at the same price as a 580

Why the regret?

With a few exceptions most games won't even use the 6gb before the rest of the card is starting to show signs of age anyways.

Also given the cpu, are there issues with the mobo or should I get a better one?

Just picked this up 1440p/144hz 32'. Really nice upgrade from my dying 24' monitor. Got it for $465 cad.

Attached: IMG-20190208-WA0000.jpg (2880x1620, 830K)

No there isn't, I have the exact same build.
The reason why I got the 590 is the fella is selling it at the same price as a 580 to me.

Attached: Snap.png (637x435, 24K)

Fucking intel processors god damn it why don't they go on sale more often.

Attached: 1504815479966.jpg (226x225, 9K)

Casing is fractal design r6

On top of this, I'm having second thoughts about my case. The H500 is nice, I'm assuming because EVERYONE and their mother recommends it, but due to space, I have to put my PC in the hole in my desk, so there's not too much airflow.

Jesus man is this what you're cooling your CPU with?

Attached: cooler.jpg (300x225, 8K)

Stock cooler

I have a 2600 with stock cooler. Idle around 30-32C. Are you overclocking the shit out of it?

Nope

Might want to check that out. No way it should be running that hot. Something is wrong. You are very near the thermal shutdown temp of your chip.

Hi. Please help recommend a good computer monitor with a maximum budget of 200$ with these specs. 24-30" screen. For graphical editing, video watching and general use.

I had a 486 with that exact cooler on it about 20 years ago

for 1080p you should be at ok for a while, 560 is too little and vega/2060 is overkill, a 1060 should hold you over for at least a year or 2

Thanks for the concern. I double check using a different program, seems like speccy is broken.

Attached: Snap.png (1937x961, 51K)

It gives them a distinct look

should I wait for whatever AMD will release later this year or will that build hold me at least for another 3-5 years?
I'm currently dealing with a ~5yo i5-4460 and a gtx650 with a vs650 psu, with a dying 720p LG monitor.

That seems much more reasonable. Glad you don't have a real problem on your hands.

Here's a tip, need it now? Buy it now. Can you wait? Wait for it. Even if you buy it now technology will improve in the coming years so you can upgrade to a Zen4+ in the future or whatever.

>pic related was my pc I used since 2009 until last month when I decided to just upgrade instead of waiting for the Zen2
>old pc couldn't even run GTA 5
>had to watch let's play to have the experience

Attached: Old PC.png (1360x714, 93K)

Is getting a build like this worth the expense on an itx board or should I wait for DDR5 RAM gen?

Attached: Shift-1.jpg (1000x1000, 120K)

There was a mITX case or something posted here a few days ago that showed a 200mm front fan mount & 2x 80mm rear fan mounts, as well as being a horizontal mobo mount.
Does anyone remember or know what it is?

Sup niggers need a gay ming laptop for max 700USD.

Attached: Fuck the chinese government.gif (334x184, 339K)

no
sounds like the core v1

Oh my fuck, I'm autistic. Yeah, it is, it literally shows up in the cheaper Thermaltake cases in PC Part Picker. Fuck.
Thanks, user.