IT'S NOT A NOTCH, IT'S A PIN HOLE!

>IT'S NOT A NOTCH, IT'S A PIN HOLE!
The absolute state of android

Attached: 222222.jpg (711x556, 56K)

YOU DON'T NEED EDGE TO EDGE DISPLAYS YOU CUNTS, YOUR HAND AND FINGERS WILL ALWAYS COVER PART OF THE SCREEN, AHHHHHH

>Android
you mean Samshit

*blocks your path*

Attached: xiaomi-mi-mix3-2.jpg (427x750, 77K)

TAPE

IT'S TAPE

What does that have to do with Android

I'm curious but why can't they put the camera BEHIND the screen? Use some sort of technology that allows it to see through the screen

Attached: 2oFuDaSY_400x400.jpg (399x399, 33K)

while annoying, the pin hole camera is better than the pop-up/slider variations which will inevitably break.

>pin hole
Not sure anyone said that because it'd be a straight up lie.
Like calling it a notch would be.

Fragile shit, here's something better.

Attached: file.png (1625x835, 968K)

How blurry do you want your selfie photos?

You people need some serious slapping. Your priorities are fucked up big time. Spending time crying about some hole in a corner of a small media consumption device. Fuck off and do something productive for Christ's sake!

Attached: 1548991538712.jpg (1280x1024, 150K)

You people need some serious slapping. Your priorities are fucked up big time. Spending time criticizing other on the internet. Fuck off and do something productive for Christ's sake!

>ZTE/Nubia garbage
enjoy your lack of developer support for a niche piece of shit

Attached: elindio.jpg (320x240, 17K)

>defending bad industry trends that result in more expensive products that perform worse on your free time

Only idiots pay more than $400-ish for a phone and it shouldn't be replaced more than once every 5 years, if you need a better camera then buy a real camera.

Anything that gets in the way of the screen is fucking retarded. Fuck apple for starting this gay trend.

> if you need a better camera then buy a real camera.

Guess you havent been camera shopping in a while. Almost all cameras that are not in the DSLR or DSLR-like category are either non-resistant or complete shit

This. The most annoying thing about the S9 is accidentally touching the edge of the screen.

If it isn't a DSLR it isn't a "real camera"

It's actually essential who started it, applel is the copycat

This. Fucking this.

Looks retarded.

just wait a year and we'll have 5G ready phones with the front cameras hidden under the screen. no point buying this half-realized shit

I'm actually using one right now. Been using it for 2 weeks and, well.. I've been bamboozled, it's not as good as those faggot YouTube reviewers are making it out to be. I'm missing so many QoL things from my OnePlus 6 that I'm in the process of getting a 6t for this mix 3.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-09-08-42-48-106_com.android.settings.png (1080x2340, 157K)

Yeah all those slider phones people used for a decade in the pre smartphone era all completly broke

>this absolute state

Attached: 51ZHMpL5eZL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 11K)

>and here is a hole in your screen
This is as retarded as a notch.

Eventually it will be a thing. pixels will shut off a small area for the camera when the app is open.
afterwards it turns back on.

Why would you assume he meant point and shoot trash that only dumb boomers buy?

What are you missing?

It wouldn't have been popularized if not for apple...seeing the pixel come with a notch was like watching a slow train wreck

The real topic not bring brought up here is who the fuck asked for any of this besides some onions reviewers and apples design team? For fucks sake did anyone seriously have a problem with the eight of an inch of lost screen on their 6 inch phones? I just want my normal phones back, this gimmick notch hole whatever meme is solving a non existent problem and it infected the entire market instantly.
Also the Mi mix slider is engineered quite well, not like the old keyboard phones of yesteryear.

Doesn't support grinder

I believe Samsung already has that technology (I've seen the slides in some tweets that talked about it), but for the moment not enough light gets to the sensor, and the pictures come out too blurry, which is why the S10 uses this design.

Apple hating Facebook friend be saying the a-hole is superior to the notch.

kinda funny, I’m actually looking into a new phone for the camera because certain concerts won’t let you bring real cameras in

Is the difference between the S9 and S10 worth it?

Hole > cucknotch

ONLY DAGGOTS AND ROASTIES NEED A FRONT CANERA REEEEEEEEEEE

S10E has no curve

Attached: gsmarena_005.jpg (927x768, 95K)

Imagine when a hole is an advanced tech

Your tears nourish me applel fag

not urs, mine, and send2 pineapple src.

conf enigma
and cipher, with x. factor by your own random.org and nxt.

.. cd

Attached: 8949849849844984.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

mfw OP finally took the nuclear bomb option

jesus it took ages for me to not be such a pussy.

wsa the answer.

HAHAHAHAHA

That's apparently who buys a new phone every year though. They buy apple, but still.

I don't get wanting edge to edge display. I want a chin and forehead on my device so I can hold it in landscape. You also give room for stereo speakers that way too.

Functionality
>annoying build in app prompts every day to "clean up your phone" and proceeded to delete my 5000 image clover folder. Luckily I have this backed up ofc. Haven't found a way to turn it off and cba to Google.

>screenshotting difficult to do with power and volume down being on the same side, >screenshot button on notification window doesn't capture instantly
>extended screenshot feature broken, doesn't work half of the time

UI
>can't expand (WhatsApp) messages on lock screen, honestly in 20 fucking NINETEEN, there are literally hundreds of complaints about this apperantly has been an issue for xiaomi since 2014. This is just one of those things you take for granted and don't expect devs to actually shit the bed with something so simple.

>no way to quickly see exact battery % unless you turn it on to visible all the time. Then it will always show a big ass number in your notification bar. On oneplus if you turn off battery % in notification bar, you still see the exact percentage upon pulling down the notification bar

>no dark theme, as meme as this sounds. It actually makes a massive difference when checking your notifications at night without giving you an instant migraine

>auto brightness is broken, when in 100% darkness it will still put the brightness on 5% of the slider instead of all the way down, because of this, you have to slide it down to minimum every 10 minutes or so becuase it will keep changing it back to 5%
>auto brightness can't be toggled on and off by dragging down the notification bar, you have to go deep into the settings

>snapchat is broken camera is zoomed in

There are prolly some other things but I've already typed a massive wall so good luck

>annoying build in app prompts every day to "clean up your phone" and proceeded to delete my 5000 image clover folder
Luckily I have this backed up ofc. Haven't found a way to turn it off and cba to Google.

>screenshotting difficult to do with power and volume down being on the same side, >screenshot button on notification window doesn't capture instantly
>extended screenshot feature broken, doesn't work half of the time

>can't expand (WhatsApp) messages on lock screen
Honestly in 20 fucking NINETEEN, there are literally hundreds of complaints about this apperantly has been an issue for xiaomi since 2014. This is just one of those things you take for granted and don't expect devs to actually shit the bed with something so simple.

>no way to quickly see exact battery % unless you turn it on to visible all the time. Then it will always show a big ass number in your notification bar.
On oneplus if you turn off battery % in notification bar, you still see the exact percentage upon pulling down the notification bar

>no dark theme
As meme as this sounds. It actually makes a massive difference when checking your notifications at night without giving you an instant migraine

>auto brightness is broken, when in 100% darkness it will still put the brightness on 5% of the slider instead of all the way down, because of this, you have to slide it down to minimum every 10 minutes or so becuase it will keep changing it back to 5%
>auto brightness can't be toggled on and off by dragging down the notification bar, you have to go deep into the settings

>snapchat is broken camera is zoomed in

There are prolly some other things I missed. There are also a few good things, but I've already typed a massive wall so good luck

Use a different ROM, nigga.

For the cleaning bit, just go to the Cleaning app and disable the features you don't want.

I use a Redmi Note 4, and didn't get a different ROM because I'm satisfied with the default. It has some annoyances, like you said, but nothing gamebreaking.

Arw you using the latest update, BTW? If I'm not mistaken, all xioami phones use Miui, and you can expand whatsapp messages just fine.

Not even him but the 6t is just the better phone. Why are you being a contrarian nigger? It's better to buy a phone with better hardware and software than to buy a shit phone and try to fix the software yourself just because of some NPC feature

Because since he has the xiqomo phone, it's best to use what he has to its full potential rather than buying another phone just because.

The days of flashing roms are done for me. Starting with the legendary HD2. I flashed a few roms on my 3T for fun but often quickly went back to stock.. things on OP, dare I say it, just werk

Im using the latest update and no the messages still aren't expandable. It is a big improvement though

Before the update if you received messages form different people it would say "2 new messages in 2 different conversations" which is beyond shit. No way to see who send what.
After the update you now see exactly who send what, however when there's more than 1 conversation it will then only show the last message send. You will be unable to drag it to see the all the messages or at least the last 10 like with oneplus. Which basically means it's still impossible to just catch up from the lock screen.

The issues definitely aren't game breaking, like you said. I have an iPhone 7 I need to use for work on a daily basis, now THAT is a fucking disaster. The mix 3 is a comfy phone, but it's just a little too much different for me.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-09-15-24-09-171_com.whatsapp.jpg (1080x1532, 161K)

why did you draw dicks on the image?

I've been send here from the tranny, BBC, gay promotional discord channel to infect the pure minds with subliminal messages hidden in long ass posts of non-issues. Don't tell anyone

Attached: BE2CABEF1AA14A1883ABE6C1A79306AF.jpg (723x1023, 122K)

pic rel looks so much better.

Attached: bgr-oneplus-6t-1.jpg?quality=98&strip=all&w=1200.jpg (1200x800, 248K)

based gothic poster

If you still got the 3t laying around you should try out the android 9 bootleggers its one of the best roms atm imo

Attached: 1535467445134.jpg (670x806, 651K)

bootleggers sucks dick on RN5 whyred, Havoc OS is where its at

* gets confiscated by my government *

why do that and keep the large bottom bezel? sammy get it together

what shithole?

>be me
>using galaxy s6 edge
>after 2 years start thinking about getting a new one because the cameras have gotten noticeably better lately
>suddenly the whole front is a screen meme starts happening
>phones start lacking the home button with fingerprint scanner and sometimes even fucking headphones jack
>wait for the meme to end so you can get a good and fully functional flagship model
>2 years later it still keeps going and you're stuck with 4-years old device with no replacement in sight
at this point I might as well just give up and get myself galaxy s7 or some chinese botnet

>if the body was less than $900, it’s complete shit
>anything over f2 is complete shit.

Thanks asshole. Maybe I should’ve just got a $800 smartphone and not have to carry around a backpack and extra batteries to social gatherings.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Android, is in fact, Samsung.

>watch movies on your phone
>there's literally gaping hole covering part of th screen
>founded corners essentially block some of the content and samsung has their rounded edges on top of that
I just want flat 16:9 rectangular screens back, I don't care about a fucking bezel for fuck's sake

>>watch movies on your phone

Attached: 1506387383759.png (420x420, 9K)

I actually do have that 3t lying around! The screen shattered 6 months ago so I upgraded to the OP6. I ordered a complete 3t screen off Aliexpress for like €30 with a montage pack to replace it myself, as a side project.

Well guess what :/ I failed miserably on my first attempt at replacing a phone screen. so now it's just been half assembled lying in a drawer of old tech. I could pull it out and see what I can do with it. I remember I fucked up the volume strips upon pushing it back together though. Perhaps I can just bring it into town see if a phone store can finalise the assembly..

Note9, V35, Pixel2 XL

>YOUR HAND AND FINGERS WILL ALWAYS COVER PART OF THE SCREEN

Do you even know how to properly hold a phone? You are supposed to grip around the frame and back.

>IT'S A BIG FUCKING NOTCH
Absolute state of iShit, iToddlers BTFO everytime

ROFL WHAT FUCKING FRAME YOU INBRED MONGOLOID?

IF ITS 100% PURE SCREEN THERE IS NO FUCKING FRAME JESUS CHRIST ARE YOU THAT DUMB LMAO

FUCK OFF STEVE JOBS

do i look like a fucking octopus to you retard

Attached: th.jpg (474x310, 17K)

>instead of enjoying the experience I'm standing there holding my phone like an idiot

Attached: IMG_20190121_134507.jpg (240x256, 23K)

I prefer small asymetry over a big notch.

Hit me, i can take it!

USA

S'cool. Looks like I'm holding a window into the cyber dimension.

then why am i posting from a Redmi Note 5? check and mate, athiest

>8cm thicc phone
lmao

That's huwaie you fucking dolt

Top fucking kek

they fucked up with this shit. normal notch in the middle would be better, no notch at all would be even better. my s8 is perfect

Attached: 30433035017.png (239x258, 5K)

This. I'm using an S6E+ as a secondary device and it's fucking annoying. I closed all apps on accident 10 times in the last 2 months and it's frustrating as fuck.
I want bezels like in S5 and on older xperia devices.

>Nubia
Literal bananaphone

Only the S10's have a notch hole design from Samsung. Also Sony Xperia's are still an option and apparently the XZ4 will have a headphone jack.

I don't see a problem with the notch hole if you can black out the top to hide it and create an artificial top bezel. It would be even better than a regular top bezel because you can still hide the status bar up there.

Why doesn't any phone company just produce a phone without a front facing camera? Nobody uses facetime and selfies are cringy.

Sorry you're ugly and don't have friends to snap lol

S9 VS S10

Spotted the whore

>being a normie piece of shit

sad phoneposter

Spotted the incel

>normie piece of shit
Not my problem you're maladjusted

is there any real difference between the S9 AND S10??

Like I'll ever carry something like that around.

The absolute state of Jow Forums

this 1000x

just think if people weren't narcissistic motherfuckers we wouldn't have to deal with front camera bullshit