Bought a samsung s9, bad choice?

Been needing a phone for along time now and decided I couldn't be assed saving up, so I got a contract phone. Got a decent price but wondering what everyone's thoughts on it are, yes I know it is not some obscure chinkshit phone or some autistic security phone and I am a retard, but I would like to hear the normie opinion on it as a smartphone and pros and cons of it.

Attached: samsung s9.jpg (1200x673, 119K)

The freetards here would screech how you should put open sourceware on it or liberate it from the botnet
But at the end of the day if it helps you keep up with your friends socially and maybe netflix and chill whenever then it's all good, no need for Jow Forums's validation

I want there opinion just for the fact they are autistic enough to actually be able to tell me if it is a good or bad phone without biases

It's the best Samsung phone, and it's not Apple.

You did fine. Good job.

>pros
Good speed/display
Good battery
Good customization
Ability to root/jailbreak should you choose to do so.
Second best mainstream ecosystem to apple

>Cons
botnet
Not as secure as Apple
botnet
Non-removable battery/throwaway special
Did I mention that it's a fucking botnet?

You're Google's bitchboy now, OP

t. Samsung S8+ user

Attached: 3gmm54aeiscy (2018_01_12 08_41_22 UTC).png (400x381, 108K)

Thanks, I have a few questions

Is the 4gb of ram a huge drawback?
Is it big enough to read comic books on in your opinion
Will my nudes look better on it due to the photo taking abilities and filters etc?

I thought the Samsung galaxy note 9 was the best Samsung phone?

bump

Yes your expensive smartphone with an HD display can read comics

I think you're way overthinking things, just play around with your new phone, play with the apps it comes with and download some new ones

I hate the pie update, it has destroyed my battery life and nothing just werks like oreo did, fight me.

Should have waited only a few months for the S10

Not a samsung s9 owner, but I have 4gb ram. It's not a drawback, I can for example watch youtube with picture in picture and play a game simultaneously without problems. No need to worry.

Enjoy your shit battery life

Shoulda got the S9+ OP, you get more ram and more screen real estate .

This. 4gb is still kind of a lot, it wasnt too long ago that having 4gb of ram meant you had a fast computer. The galaxy s9 chipset is great too, very modern. I have an s9+ and its pretty much the best phone i've ever had, i use it in place of a laptop. It's gonna take a lot to get me to upgrade.

Is lineage + fdroid an actual solution to the botnet?

>contract phone
retard

I have it and love it so far

well if you don't install google play services yeah

otherwise android will phone home, mostly.

great phone,great value. only drawback is the smallish battery; good battery life, though; but just that, 'good'.

at least you didn't get an A8

> 4G range of six yards

Botnet "features" aside it's a good phone. Been using the S9+ for a while now, 0 regrets. One of the few flagship phones that still has a 3.5mm jack and an SD card slot. Guaranteed sth like LineageOS will be good to run on it one day.

The note 9 is definitely better. T. Note 9 owner

Same poster, it's also 300$ ish? More expensive. So yeah.

I use a 128GB Note9 and the only difference between it and the S9+ is battery lasts longer and the s pen. Otherwise they're practically the same.

you should have gotten a note 9 user

This but only because hes on a contract anyways.

I'm rocking an S9 right now. The display is amazing and I'm using Adhell 3 to disable all the Samsung shit. Problem is the phone gets REALLY hot at times - like too hot for the touch, that kind of hot.

You need at least 8GB of ram to read comics.

A 200 dollar Motorola phone has similar stats outside processor power and nice screen size, battery. Just saying. Paying more than 300 bucks for a phone is retarded.

why would you get the S9 now when the S10 is being announced in less than two weeks (feb 20th)?

How many days it's been you updated? I would say give it around 5 days for that AI to learn your usage pattern and calibrate the battery.

May be it costs less that S10 is going to be released?

Mobile ram is not same as computer ram. Comparing mobile with laptop? Err... Ok..

S10 is out next month

I was in the beta

2018 was the year of the mid range
buying flagships is fucking stupid

even if you're not gonna buy the S10 the S9 will drop in price once the S10 is announced

op said they bought the s9 on a contract, the monthly payment for an s10 could not be that much more expensive than an s9

Had the s8, it was alright I guess but the curved screen pissed me off everytime I used it and that's exactly where it shattered randomly when I pulled it out of my pocket (didn't even drop it, it broke in my pocket somehow). The s9 looks basically the same which is why I didn't get it

>S10 is out next month
would it drop the price for S9?

What's wrong with the A8? I've got one and I haven't come across any problems with 4G range.

I have the S9+. I'm happy with it. I must be getting boomer because my biggest concern now is that the updates will make it worse.

yes

Why are there so many posters here who buy shit first and then ask if it was a good idea? Shouldn't you have made this thread first?

Is replacing samsung batteries costly? I have an S8 going for 2 years now in May. Not that I have battery issues but probably will be since I'm a heavy user

Always does. Especially on contract because why would the market pay for a old phone as much as for the new one ?

>botnet
package disabler pro

Shit battery. Otherwise fine