How's that job search coming along bros?

How's that job search coming along bros?

Attached: coffee wojak.png (212x238, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UWvYmNFODXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

currently employed but can't find a better one fuk'n A dude

>implying I'm searching

Looking for internships.
Too many webdev shit. I could be working right now, but I keep passing these "great" ""opportunities"".

And I almost had virtual sex yesterday. But I'm still a virtual virgin.

I just got my first offer after having graduated last may.

It's not as much money as I was hoping for but I think I'm taking it

Badly. I feel naive, misled and ill-equipped.

About ready to start sucking dick for cash. It's still not as bad as selling out and becoming a shill.

Attached: 1549508614523.png (800x821, 682K)

Please stop asking

Attached: 1537315479638.png (657x527, 341K)

Have an offer from a unicorn I interned at last year, about ~175k TC, and I'm awaiting the results from my google interviews next week...

Also have a few more interviews coming up, it's kinda tough since this is my last semester of school and I've gotta fly out for these.

i mean if it pays ok why not sell your soul to bezos

Bought a well established IT repair business with loyal clientele just over a year ago. Never short of work.

I got a helldesk job at a comfy state agency through someone I met playing Pokemon GO, now I actually feel like I have some experience and I want to see if I can move to a developer/analyst position there or elsewhere.

Attached: 1543600085883.jpg (500x500, 67K)

Based.

I got a good gig at a state agency, not in IT though. Only 14 more yrs to go till I can retire w/full pension + 401k. Thought about trying to get over into IT but fuck it. IT has changed loads from what I'm used to. To much focusing on "paperwork" and "manager" and less on actually doing "IT" hands on work nowadays. The good jobs are all done by contractors now.

Bezosfags and thotleaders get into dickmeasuring contests about their airline miles at conferences, while we sit back and chow down the popcorn.

>by contractors

Yep, we'll even sell you a full team in a box and teach you how to run and hire our replacements and shit if you really want to stop giving us money.

[spoiler]It'll cost ya.[/spoiler]

I just got back from a tech conference, it was pretty chill.

It just started, but I'm not optimistic. 15ish applications, one phone interview that did lead to an in-person interview but no luck there.

What are you looking for?

Some junior software dev position. I'm graduating soon and I don't really have experience with web technologies, so I've been looking towards Java/C/C++ positions, but I'm also open to webapp backend stuff. Basically I'm avoiding positions with fullstack/frontend/devops in the title.

I'm freeloading from my parents waiting for them to kick me out so I can cut all communication with them so they stop aiding in the destruction of my life.

Will probably get a job at McDonalds afterwards and start repairing myself. Probably even get a job in tech eventually.

Two interviews next week
One position I am strongly considering just leaving my role in two weeks for
This role would change my life. Fuck I want it so bad

Hundreds of applications, less than five interviews, zero results. Doesn't matter how much you know or how competent you are. If you don't have both industry experience and connections it is impossible to get even an entry level job. DEATH TO HR AND RECRUITER SCUM!

youtube.com/watch?v=UWvYmNFODXw

hah i literally havent worked since 2008

Not a fan either of the job searches
What sucks is it would be so much better if there where tech jobs all across the US and you can just quit your job and find another one within a week or two just from skills and proper experience
I hate job searching so much. I'm stuck in a job now I dont enjoy anymore

Story time?

Not well. I would be lucky to flip burgers

If this thread is up in the morning I'll be sure to check in or make my own thread
I struggled a lot to make it and now I'm at six figures in after 2.5 years of actual work in the field.. it's hard but you keep going
I've had it harder than most of you and I made it eventually

You know what I did once? I was in an interview with a recruiter and I broke down and cried a little but no tears. I basically said sorry
I've been applying for so long and nobody offers me a job even with my knowledge i just couldn't hold the pain on

Being white and not a retard helps.

This is why we need to kill all hr and recruiter scum. Kill them all!

I've been working for a bit over a year but recently i got a message on linkedin by a recruiter from a large financial firm saying they were starting an internal project that they were planning on eventually turning into its own thing later on.

The role would be mostly building software but would involve more and more AI/ML. I decline to say my current salary (which is shit) and she came on with an initial offer of over 50% more than what I make now plus a mobility allowance which i can either spend on a company car or on free public transport and get the rest added to my salary.

Needless to say I'm quite excited.

lol, unlike you faggots I contract and new contracts back-to-back.

this is in europe, btw

>all
Hold on now.

Congrats!

wait til those contracts dry up fucko. it happened to me and it could happen to you too

My story kind of gets worse
I never had it easy for some reason. You hear about all of those people who have connections and they found work so fucking easy with no experience but me? I had to go through shit for years to get something finally in tech

Job hunting can sometimes be traumatic in my opinion
I failed so many times. I have no idea how I made it here and am working at a large firm for over six figures
I have no idea how I made it after all those years of pain and suffering
The pain. Dont get me started anons
The pain was horrible

To make it all worse
I had multiple cousins in IT
They didnt help me at all. Not a single fucking thing they did for me

Attached: bad_sleep_feels.png (1000x1144, 186K)

What, are you in HR? Better go get a real job quick or you'll get the rope too. All.

Started five months ago in a pretty big company in IT Security sector. They already blew a ton of money in me by paying some certificates. Few days ago I got a pretty good offer from some company. I feel so bad for thinking of leaving already. what do you guys think?

they make more money off you than you do off them, never feel guilty lol, take as much as you can

Fuck them, you did it on your own, which is even better.

I am in recruiting. Job ads need to be written and placed, resumes and CVs need to be read and filtered, interviews need to be conducted. I understand that no one likes HR, but how will a company hire new employees without job ads and interviews?

Tell your current employer what your other offer is. They might be willing to beat it if they see potential in you. If not, then leave.

Pro tip: Never be loyal to a corporation. Cause they'll never return the favor.

Why couldn't the supervisor or manager of the position being hired for do exactly what you do? Your job is useless

This is not good advice. Once you tell the employer that you are considering moving on, they will view you as "temporarily still with us".

If you want to go, go. If not, do not jeopardize your current position.

Horrible advice, never show your deck.

The problem is you waste people's times Hope's and dreams
We just want a fucking job when we are starting out
I know for a fact when a guy gets his first tech job he will dedicate himself to that job and learn so much in his first 6 months it will be impossible to stop him
But for some reason you fucks waste everyone's time and act like you are important

You dont know shit about IT
Fuck HR and recruiters

Attached: zrwxqL7.jpg (236x236, 7K)

I've never been to an interview where I wasn't hired immediately.

>someone who is in recruiting is 100% in recruiting and does no other job
Eh? Only extremely large companies are in "permanently hiring" mode, and thus need full-time recruiters. I work in a small place.

Yeah, you guys are right. I was retarded for suggesting that. Don't do that.

desu after a point it was the same for me, if I get to go an interview I know I'm good. My first interviews weren't as good though but I learned a lot.

I got a job straight out of school. The pay is alright, not that good but I am afraid to leave because these daily threads make it seem like I will never again be offered another job in my entire life.

>You don't know anything about IT
Same goes for most applicants.

Attached: AllTheAnswers.png (2752x4342, 742K)

Do you just tell people you work in HR because book-keeper or secretary sound less important?

:)

>job ads need to be written
And yet you write garbage.
>resumes and CVs need to be read
And yet you have no idea how to tell good from bad to the point that the strongest indicator of a successful resume is grammar, spelling, punctuation, and general tidiness. Useless fluff.
>interviews need to be conducted
And yet you do such a shit job here too that "tell me about yourself" and other garbage non questions are memes.

Kill yourself now you useless trash before someone does it for you.

sweet dubs
me want story time

Oh, protip: NEVER EVER mention ANYTHING about your relationship with HR IRL. Unless, of course, you want to be swamped with about 700 variations of:
>Hey! My cousin's friend is out of a job. I heard he is really good with computers, like, he plays Fortnite, and he does Excel, and he is a mod for a Facebook fanpage! Do you have an opening?

I say this to Jow Forums in general, not to you . Because we all know you are simply too smart to ever be involved in management.

:)

Got out of the the IT business, lack of success. My personal big client got dementia and closed the business, a "promised" position never materialized, my previous job (IT service subcontractor) was providing less hours and a more erratic schedule. Now I'm a full time security guard. Sitting in a guard shack, most of the time I'm on graveyard shift. Make more money now though.

If you make more money as a security guard, then you were doing IT wrong the whole time anyway.

>you want to be swamped with
Yet more indicators of the garbage job you do. There are so many people trying to get around your disgusting useless ass because you dismiss applications for frivolous non reasons so often. Don't lie, we all know you do it all the time, scum.

>Why do you care about spelling and grammar?
Ah, I now understand the source of your anger. You think that the professional world should be a lot less professional, but you have failed to convince employers of your viewpoint.

You are, of course, absolutely right! It is the entire rest of the world that is wrong.

>oh god, all these people looking to find a job to feed themselves and their families looking for any kind of work to do. Cringe! lmao

this is why HR fucks need to kill themselves

Same, but I've burned through three jobs in two years so it's more that I've managed to pick jobs that I'm seriously overqualified for.
The last one seems alright though, I finally have coworkers who don't eat glue and a style of organization that suits my personality well.

Just applied at a pretty big company. Never done a tech interview. Even if I get to one I am probably gonna fuck it up D:

i got a job as an embedded developer just about a year ago
started out comfy and great
now im working 10 hours every day and i hate every second of it
the pay is way lower than it ought to be
application engineers make almost double what i do and the sole reason for that is that its their stuff that is visible to the customer
i've only read a few thousand pages of datasheets and created the boot and parts of the hal layer for two of our ecu:s but not one single person higher up than my project leader seems to get how difficult the lower level stuff actually is
they literally think that we just put in a few lines of code and a diagnostic service appears, or that its like a car where you just have to use your silly little key to start the thing, they seriously think this shit exists in the ecu to begin with and we just make a simple extension from the ecu to the application fags

Attached: 1530115339751.jpg (395x504, 75K)

I am stuck in meme startup.
I was hired as an AI dev but they keep throwing at me things I have no idea of.
Last week they told me to make Java app.
All my class mates who joined MNCs are doing great. They get salary and have great social life.
I get salary once in six months. When I get next salary I will order a helium tank and an airtight mask.

Attached: wojakcry.png (45x55, 3K)

lol

zero demand outside US

>And yet you have no idea how to tell good from bad to the point that the strongest indicator of a successful resume is grammar, spelling, punctuation, and general tidiness. Useless fluff.
I'm not a recruiter but it's fairly easy to gague the intellect of someone is based on grammar, their style of writing and how they choose to present themselves. If someone gets hundreds of applicants, I can easily see the value in filtering out people who write like middle schoolers or spit out entire novels of word diarrhea in favor of people who can express themselves neatly and concicely.

>misses the point entirely, probably on purpose
No you colossal faggot. I just have this crazy farfetched idea that resumes should be judged on the basis of the job skills they list, and if that isn't what they're being judged on we should just get rid of the useless things. Much like we need to KILL YOUR USELESS ASS. There are tons of people who would happily help out with that.

Getting my associates degree, after that I'm joining Air Force ROTC when I go get my bachelor's. If not I'm finding another government job, I'll be a glow in the dark CIA nigger for all I care. Government work has good benefits and doesn't require you to have a dozen connections to work at a job that pays slightly higher than minimum wage.

Attached: Zergface.jpg (601x384, 34K)

Just got a job but im so vastly underqualified i spend alot of my freetime after work just learning and researching

That's just like going through contracting agencies for shit pay

i applied to a job that i was seriously under-qualified for, got a phone interview and some how scored a face to face interview
am i screwed?

Attached: 1548900287238.png (720x719, 394K)

If you express yourself neatly and concisely you'll still get rejected because the HR idiot was drunk on power that day. Of course, they're like that every day.

>it's fairly easy to gauge the intellect of someone is based on grammar, their style of writing
I offer this pic in support of your theory.

Attached: Resume00b.png (806x2092, 99K)

no probably not
slightly larger sized companies wont mind hiring you and spending a year or two training you because qualified engineers in many cities are still decently rare

Some jobs post high requirements because they're looking for a golden unicorn, if they can't find their perfect match then they settle for something else. Since you're actually being interviewed you have an alright shot since they haven't found their golden unicorn.

If you get a face-to-face interview, that means you are going to get the job, unless:

1- You screw up the interview
2- Someone else comes along who is better than you, or is asking for a lower salary

Got a job atm, lower/middle management in logistics (with no experience in the field whatsoever).

Looking for stuff in the IT sector about once a month but most offers would pay less than my current job so I don't bother applying

lmao stay mad, I work from home in my underwear

Did you get the job from that recruiter? What did he say after he saw you crying?

thanks for the confidence boost guys
ill just have to give it my best shot

Attached: 1546931117044.png (798x920, 105K)

I've only applied to four companies in my short life (3 years as a software developer). I've also only gone to four interviews and worked for four companies in my life. Was it a coincidence and did I just get lucky, or do I know how to sell myself and make myself stand out from the rest of the applicants in the pile?

Among the retarded frivolous nonsense HR uses to filter applications is the braindead idea that if you're unemployed for more than a few months then there must be something wrong with you and whoops! Into the trash your application goes! So your first application was either luck or connections. The other ones were momentum or connections. No, you don't know how to sell yourself unless you work in marketing and that shouldn't be relevant anyway, again, unless you work in marketing.

Want to know what happened with my first ever job application? It was for a supermarket job in a small town in the middle of nowhere. I broke their IQ aptitude test by figuring out the underlying generation algorithm and ended up waaaay on the right of the bell curve. The manager then said they weren't going to hire me because they thought I would get bored of the job. No joke about any of this.

>if you're unemployed for more than a few months then there must be something wrong with you and whoops! Into the trash your application goes
How did you come to this conclusion?

>I am so smart I broke the IQ test
>true story btw
I see.

>disgusting hr faggot tries to chime in
Shush asshole, adults are talking.

>Want to know what happened with my first ever job application? It was for a supermarket job in a small town in the middle of nowhere. I broke their IQ aptitude test by figuring out the underlying generation algorithm and ended up waaaay on the right of the bell curve. The manager then said they weren't going to hire me because they thought I would get bored of the job. No joke about any of this.

It wasn't an IQ test.
Those are long 30+ minute multiple choice tests designed to show how truthful you are. They just reword the same shit and scenarios over and over and wait for you to lie.

Usually you don't even get an interview if you fail that shit.

How much are you getting offered?

>No, you don't know how to sell yourself unless you work in marketing and that shouldn't be relevant anyway, again, unless you work in marketing.
"Everyone else is just lucky and I'm too good to stoop down to their levels and play their games properly" is exactly why you aren't having any success with this. No-one's going to want to form a professional relationship with some narcissistic Jow Forums-tier autist whose entire existence is a self-defeating prophecy.

>supermarket job
If you're so smart, why the fuck were you applying to supermarket jobs? And if you were truly desperate, why the fuck didn't you try to convince the manager that you really wanted the job and that you just broke the test for fun (because breaking algorithms is a hobby of yours) instead of just laying down flat and whimpering "y-you too" in a defeated voice?

Every time you post you sound more and more like an absolute fucking loser.

>adults

>tripfag being completely wrong yet again, surprising nobody
It was a long string of next-in-the-pattern exercises, dumbass. This was somewhere around 12-13 years ago now too.

Liar.

What really happened was you spent almost a fucking hour answering a quiz. Then as the shame grew greater and greater every day that you didn't get hired, you began to form a delusion about how failing the test meant you were obviously too smart which was confirmed by the hiring manager. (lmfao)

>why apply to supermarket jobs
Because I was a kid at the end of high school in a small town applying to the biggest employer around.
>if you were truly desperate
First ever job application faggot, no way was I desperate back then. Do you have poor reading comprehension or something?

I was called for an IBM interview. I passed the first aptitude round but then they made some automated spoken english test through my shitty chink phone and I failed. I don't know why developers needed english proficiency so as to pass automated tests.
I still don't understand how I can be jobless while my classmate whose projects I used to do for them and has entire papers failed were able to find jobs.

Not good. Not many qualified candidates for my open position.

Attached: 1533995222068.png (849x749, 358K)

>I am so incredibly smart that I could not get a job at a supermarket
>true story btw

Attached: Interesting.gif (500x420, 992K)

ill fill your open position user ;)

Attached: 1546559554478.png (597x875, 151K)

What in the fuck. Is this the pajeenglish I keep hearing about? I am a bloody slav and it hurts to read. This fuck did not even bother to paste it into some free grammar/spell check. Damn