Many popular iPhone apps secretly record your screen without asking

Many popular iPhone apps secretly record your screen without asking

techcrunch.com/2019/02/06/iphone-session-replay-screenshots/

Attached: tenor.gif (220x123, 113K)

that's why I got rid of my iphone
going to get the 3g 3310 and just strictly use my old ipod for music and ipad for browsing in my bed

just get a android phone, it actually can block everything an app does in the background

>be me
>read "The One Thing"
>recommend it to my mom and talk about some of the ideas to get her interested
>next day she says "You know that book you were talking about, funniest thing! I got an ad for it and some other books this morning. It's like they could hear us"
"It's like they could hear us"
"hear us"

Android stock is worse, If you plan to get a Android phone make sure it's compatible with a Custom ROM, and ask yourself if you have the patency to install one.
It's really easy but if you're an iToddler probably don't even know how to so that. Android sucks but at least you can remove all the botnet.

Are there any phones I can grt that don't spy on me? Maybe a blackberry or fuckin Nokia?

Step 1: Buy any mid-range android phone
Step 2: Install a custom ROM
Step 3: Don't install gapps
Don- Wait. Stop. You are failing step 3.

>tenor.gif

Attached: tenor.gif (450x324, 672K)

That isn't even possible on iOS.

If anything, they are recording every interaction you do with THEIR apps in order to understand exactly what you are doing and what works and what doesn't, especially in double blind tests.

Newsflash: That is done EVERYWHERE now. On tracking JavaScript on the web, on Android, on iOS, on your fucking TV, name a commercial platform and it's done there.

This isn't about background tasks. iOS apps are way more limited in what they can do when backgrounded and can do basically nothing when closed, unlike on Android, where apps can launch themselves whenever they please and display all sorts of invisible overlays to track the shit out of you.

Read the article, not just the clickbait headline.

well i have to click a popup so i wont visit that site

Attached: 2019-02-09-13:23:04_1314x870_scrot.png (1314x870, 162K)

Check out lineageos for starters. All supported devices have a step by step guide on the wiki on how to unlock the bootloader, flash custom recovery and the rom.

Attached: Screenshot_20190209-133720_Settings.png (1080x1920, 152K)

Install the "I don't care about cookies" extension.

>what happens on your iphone, stays on your iphone
Apple BTFOed immediately.

I recently figured out what it was and I'd like a bullet to go through all of their heads

I failed step 3 but only because I don't care.
My phone isn't my computer, I only use it for calls and messages.

Why are you telling me this? I don't care about the excuses you tell yourself to rationalise allowing yourself to get spied on.
If you use it only for calls and messages that should be the reason you get rid of the google play cancer, not an excuse to keep it (???)

OR just install a proper adblocker — AdGuard

Honestly i never look at anything sensitive on my phone, i just do pleb browsing on it.

OK, but if that's your use case why do you need gaps in the first place? Personally I use YALP store to get some messaging apps and not having play service seems to really improve my battery life.

>and display all sorts of invisible overlays
Yeah, if you allow them. If app forces overlay over app installation and other security stuff, Android will not register your touch. It's been like this at least since Android 5.