Can't sort by amount of comments

>can't sort by amount of comments
>consequently, can't find good discussion threads
>forced to see crappy upvoted content like retarded memes and "look at what my gf made"
What a shitty website

Attached: reddit_logo_640.0.jpg (1200x800, 43K)

nice blog

upvoted

I just search 'controversial' to find legitimate discussion

This

Attached: my eyes.webm (720x404, 2.13M)

>what is controversial
this

>search for niche video
>handful of videos
>sort by upload date
>no results

how can you fuckup a sort function and not fix it for years?

You need to go back

>amount of comments = quality
this is the same logic that powers 'CONSUMER TECHNOLOGY GENERAL #251213055 farting bagpuss edition (anime image)' on this website, and i've never understood it

oh no! thread about to hit post limit! better make a new one or something dreadful might happen! 'CONSUMER TECHNOLOGY GENERAL #251213056 robocop's weiner edition (meme stolen from imgur)'

Not all discussion is controversial. By discussion I mean all threads that theres actually something to talk about, not just shitty artwork or memes

>nested comments
This, apart from Reddit attracting absolute fucking faggots, is my biggest gripe with the design.
That shit didn't work pre-millennium, and it doesn't work now.

Attached: 1484712500708.jpg (328x328, 14K)

Find actual forums. For example, there's 2 forums that I know of that talk about motorcycles. There is almost no meming or idiocy going on.

It lags as fuck on my dual core 4GB RAM laptop

Reddit is just facebook for ugly people.

turn your monitor on

thanks for letting us know what we alrady know, you should post on r.ddit

>nested comments
Best thing ever invented faggot

Downvote for your retardation

>reddit
>forced to see overly reposted/stale content
>4channel
>forced to see right-wing hatred and pedophile spam

Sounds like you spend too much time on Jow Forums and left instead of right

>have to make an account for no reason
>retarded karma system exists for no reason
>everything you ever posted can be seen by others if they check out your profile because fuck privacy
>images are only allowed in OPs
>upboat system makes shitty memes and OPs without many comments rise to the top because fuck actually discussing things
>zero culture or learning curve. literally any moron can just start posting there and not be called a newfag because fuck having quality posts
reddit is literal cancer

>everything you ever posted can be seen by others if they check out your profile because fuck privacy
Yeah, meaning people like you can't spend hours talking about how much you hate gay people and then go concern trolling on /lgbt/.

Jow Forums unironically has the best way to hold a group discussion via text, there's basically no other format that's as good for replying to multiple posts with a single post. Old PHP forums are better, but they require the block quotes which simply waste space compared to linking posts by number

>>zero culture or learning curve. literally any moron can just start posting there and not be called a newfag because fuck having quality posts
That was a thing fucking years ago when we'd just spam retards like with LURK MOAR NEWFAG, but that's apparently passe.

I have a higher postcount that you, so my opinion matters more. Let's talk about [something completely unrelated]. Do you like what I've added to my signature?

That's a bad thing. The ideas should stand on their own, another reason why mods don't give a shit about same fagging.

extrapolate

>me
>new
Fella I've been here longer than you, I guarantee it. I was on this site when you were a little kid.
They do stand out - when you see their post history, realize they're a troll and not worth responding to. On a site like Reddit, I can't see any good reason why you'd want to hide your post history.

Why do you care about someone's post history? Why do you care whether or not someone's a troll? The whole point of being anonymous is that you discuss ideas and not people. This is also why they put /s at the end of everything, because they truly can't just present an idea as ridiculous without their upvote points telling you so.

>can't sort by amount of replies
>forced to see crappy spammed content like retarded memes and "my opinion>your opinion"
What a shitty website

Attached: 172[1].jpg (300x100, 40K)

As an XYZ I would never me me me me me upvoted This Troll shill cuck sweetie

Using reddit only for occasional good Jow Forumsgonewild. Nothing else. 0 posts for the past 5 years

Wow you are so brave

>and i've never understood it
because it's approaching the bump limit, you stupid redditor newfag.

>Why do you care about someone's post history?
You're making a false assumption about what he's actually after. He's not interested in discussion, he's interested in power and status. Anonymity takes away the ability for him to leverage past actions against someone, so he's against it because it takes away his ability go gather power and status.

>discuss ideas and not people
He doesn't want to discuss ideas, he wants to discuss people. That's the entire point.

This might seem petty on his part, but keep in mind he's also trying to shame people for saying no-no words on an anonymous Sinhalese scuba diving notice board; the gaining of status is absolutely crucial to him.

i like reddit it's cute and also very informnormative

>Oh no I might respond to a troll!
Trolls are obvious within a few posts. If they're subtle enough that they're actually engaging, then it's not trolling, it's playing devil's advocate. Not knowing someone's posting history forces you to take what they're saying at face value. That's a concept we should treasure, and it's one of the biggest reasons why I post here.

There are benefits and downsides to anonymity. I'm not saying Jow Forums is wrong, but you've got to admit, there are tradeoffs in terms of accountability and quality control. The /s thing is just a consequence of being a bigger site - there are always people who aren't in the loop on the culture (which is different between boards/subs/etc., keep in mind), and will take a satirical post at face value.
Lots of projecting going on here. Keep telling me about my secret agenda.
Not to get too political, but what I'm talking about is basically a smaller version of what actually happened (and continues to happen) in the US election. Bad actors can come in and influence a community by pretending to identify with it, and if you think that's okay, well, I hope you're not also someone who says "go back to R3ddit" whenever they see a post they don't like.

that's a bad thing. ideas should stand on their own. people shouldn't judge you based on your posting history. that's fucking stupid. you can't even have a discussion without faggots digging up the past and using it against you like a bitch on her period.

>people shouldn't judge you based on your posting history. that's fucking stupid.
>Just because I said "fuck niggers" yesterday doesn't mean I'm racist! Read my FBI crime stats pl0x

>saying something on the internet for the lulz is the same as commiting a crime

Attached: brainlet wojak sgsgsw.jpg (645x730, 28K)

roastie detected

I didn't say that. Let me use you as an example. If you call people "fags" on a regular basis, why would I listen to you making an argument about the ethics of gay marriage? You are obviously anti-gay, and to say that it has no bearing on your viewpoints regarding gay marriage would be ridiculous.

You know how writers say things like "full disclosure: I did _____ for _____" before praising/criticizing something they're personally involved with, or have been involved with in the past? You are anti-disclosure.

COMPLAIN ON REDDIT YOU RETARDED NIGGER LOVER

nice reddit spacing faggot. writers have to do that shit so that assholes like you can't cry about what they said in the past. writers sadly have to care about normalfag's opinions. disclosure is retarded. why argue with someone when you can just say their opinion doesn't matter because they said X in the past? what an easy way to "win" arguments. I love that that cancer doesn't exist on imageboards. language policing is the biggest threat to freedom of speech.

At least they are willing to help you out more than in this pigsty, they don't go calling you names out amd karma is fun to have.

It's not about "winning". It's about saving both of our times. Why should I waste time arguing with someone who's obviously not going to change their mind?
>disclosure is retarded
See, that's something you can get away with saying on here because you'll never get called on it later. Jow Forums is essentially a safe space for morons who want to pretend to be smart.
> love that that cancer doesn't exist on imageboards.
None of the arguments on imageboards have any value.

yeah what a shitty website, lets stay on 4chins and get 10 captchas per post.

>fuck arguing with people
>all I care about is what you said in the past because I'm too stupid to engage in actual discourse
what a faggot

Disruption in a polarized community is a good thing. It's difficult to keep a straight narrative here without extremely widespread popular support, but on R*ddit it's just a matter of selective moderation and a little coordinated voting. Subreddits often end up just being total circle jerks. But here, no matter what your opinion is, someone will fight you over it. This can be annoying, but can also give you a better perspective if your opposition is making real sense.

>I didn't say that. Let me use you as an example. If you call people "fags" on a regular basis, why would I listen to you making an argument about the ethics of gay marriage? You are obviously anti-gay, and to say that it has no bearing on your viewpoints regarding gay marriage would be ridiculous.
Just because people say fag doesn't mean theyre anti gay, youre giving words too much power

Attached: 1531900565066.jpg (1200x675, 70K)

Found the fagget

Sure. And when people call you an extremist bigot, those are just words and you shouldn't give them power. But then I guess the question is, if it doesn't mean anything then why say it?

>forced to see crappy content like retarded memes and "look at what my bf made"
What a shitty website

Attached: .png (266x104, 16K)

it doesn't mean shit tho it only holds meaning to the people who use it for shutting down conversation

>look at what my bf made
But that's wrong faggot. Kill yourself for being so retarded.

I see more diversity of ideas and train of thought in the people i know who use "nigger" and "faggot" then in the people i know who regularly call people "bigots."

I don't think you have a legitimate reason to hate these Reddit faggots until you've actually been to Reddit. You haven't even seen first-hand how fucking vile and buglike the Reddit community really is. Even when you can get decent tech help on Reddit, it's still bogged down by corporate bootlickers, bandwagoners, and smugsters. The Reddit community is just unconditionally shit, regardless of subreddit.

Satanic quads spittin fire

Refit is garbage stop using it.

The only time I ever go to refit is trying to find some obscure issue I'm trying to troubleshoot and it's always a dog shit choice to click that dog shit website

Discussions are not about changing people's mind. Never have and never will. The fact that some people some of the time change their mind when discussing goes to show at how ineffective discussion is. You never see someone saying "wow, this discussion changed my life", you most commonly hear this phrase from people that have read books. In the world there's a lot that is objective, but this never stopped anyone from having wrong opinions or ideas. So, yes, while looking at a person history generally indicates their view - I wouldn't care to hear what a fatfag has to say about nutrition - the benefit of not knowing is that you actually have to think about what they're saying, a process that you want to cut short.

Because, you can follow a conversation without jumping around or having to use JavaScript

reddit-chan a cute

Attached: rCtoSmq.jpg (1000x1800, 198K)

The good subreddits are too slow for my adhd brain

you're retarded

Fuck niggers.

>finding what a comment is responding to is almost impossible
>any comment can be down voted to hell and not be seen so NPC culture is encouraged
>most responding comments just turns into who can make the shittiest references

That's the god awful new design. It lags on a 16 core Xeon I have. Just select the old design in preferences or add old. to the domain.

Reddit's site has always been shitty. Linear replies or fucking nothing.

>most responding comments just turns into who can make the shittiest references

Every single thread. I hate it so much.

Attached: 1432751262888.png (768x864, 843K)

Anyone that actually uses reddit needs to leave the fucking board.

I HATE IT!!!

Attached: tumblr_lwod8ltfaJ1r8058ko1_250.gif (245x136, 403K)

can you not critic the point rather than name calling