I never used Linux, and I want to start learning about it. Is Linux Mint the best choice for beginner?

I never used Linux, and I want to start learning about it. Is Linux Mint the best choice for beginner?

Attached: dbjpg30-caa7b541.jpg (1200x1345, 258K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ngamvn.net/anh-girl?page=6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.

/thread

/unthread

No.

/thread

Linux Mint is pretty nice. It aims to do all the configuration for you so you have a working system right from the install. Very popular with new users. You might want to try pure Debian later, it's pretty much the same thing but you do your own configurations. You don't have to switch from Linux Mint but if you want to alter things more it's common to change to a different distribution.

yes and pick cinnamon its the prettiest desktop environment mint offers and really "is" mint because the mint developers built it

even my grandma uses and loves mint

I bet she smells nice

why am i so attracted to women?
they literally only cause problems in my life

Who's this semen demon?

Your brain is using you like a tool. Free yourself by getting a boyfriend

Yes, but it seems more aimed at absolute beginners overall. If you're just switching from another OS you could step it up a bit.

this, the next easiest would be a LFS install, or Gentoo

debian

>it's too easy, it's not fair

Yeah. The UI is very similar to Windows. I recommended mint to my normie friend and now he uses it more than windows 10.
I also upgraded my moms old ass acer with windows 7 to a chromebook with mint installed, she adapted in a matter of days.

I would recommend Arch GNU/Linux after a few weeks of learning about the kernel. It could be a great educational experience for the op.

It's so easy, their repos won't frighten you with any recent versions of software. Or choice at all for that matter.

I used Linux Mint for awhile years ago.

Is there anyway to have thumbnail preview for pictures/videos?

There are thumbnails out of the box in my Mint install

>Is Linux Mint the best choice for beginner?
it's the best choice for everyone who wants to be productive and not fuck around with settings and shit

Post her nude

Install gentoo

Attached: B4B7B928-8825-47A5-B0A7-CCCC683383F3.jpg (600x445, 38K)

What is she doing
Doesn't seem to be programming embedded

I am fully erect

You're programmed to. That's what life is.

Rise above yourself, bro. Break free.

kubuntu
dont fall for the linux mint meme

Looks like some marketing trash.

Peppermint > Mint

Attached: D38C5D31-1475-4F20-A52B-1BA71082A4E6.jpg (497x544, 174K)

How do I change my monitor refresh rate to 75Hz?

Manjaro is the best choice for beginners imo. Avoid anything Debian based. That includes Mint and Ubuntu. Shit don't work.

fuck no, you should know Linux mint is just Ubuntu and Debian packages hacked together by a bunch of amateurs.
Eventually you will lag in security upgrades or it will just don't work. Use Debian stable or Ubuntu LTS as a begginer because they are actually maintained

I'm using Linux Mint xfce on my thinkpad and it has a ton of issues. Should I use cinnamon DE instead or switch OS?

Void linux should be used by all beginners imo.

xfce is pretty ok, switch to fedora xfce or Debian xfce. To be honest fedora should give less problems because it has more bug fixes

Try Cinnamon

Just start with straight Debian, friendo. That was what I did and found my footing quickly. Mint and Ubuntu hold your hands too much IMO, and you won’t need it if you’re of semi-decent intellect. It can even be a hindrance.

is fedora compatable with normie stuff like discord and spotify?

This lad is a genius

Manjaro is terrible. Just go pure Arch or even Antergos if you want a distro in that family. And Debian is fine.

Dear OP,

Yes.

xxx,

user

Just use a web browser like all normies, dipshit

Debian/Devuan/MX Linux if you don't mind older software
Arch otherwise

I suppose you have pc and want to use it instead of windows. Then mint is good choice. You don't have to learn anything because system is preconfigured and comes with common programs. It comes at a price of poor proböem solving skills, when you don't know how the system works though

If you need to do server stuff it's useful to know how to use ssh and run services etc, and some basic terminal commands.

If you have embedded device some commands are not available but basics like knowing how to use vi editor are useful.

>/unthread
mfw

For just setup and go mint is goat.

yes, through flathub and snap.
And install ffmpeg from rpmfusion (third party codecs for audio and video compatibility).
That's all the advice you need for fedora

OP what is the name of that girl? she's so fucking HOT daaaaamnnnn.... more more please..

Trang maybe sounds like a gook name.
Also looks like my gook friends

do you know that girls OP picture hot woman name? i cant wait to know

I can guess her name base on clues in the picture.
But I'm sorry, there are millions with this name so it will be hard to find more unless you ask OP.

Attached: awdw22.jpg (143x208, 22K)

ngamvn.net/anh-girl?page=6

just found there are tons of them here

spearmind > peppermint > mint

Don't be a fucking pussy. If you want to use Linux and you want to use it right, you install Gentoo. If you can't install Gentoo, you shouldn't be using Linux, you should stick to normie OS's for retards, like mac or windows.

She is my wife, user.
Stop asking.

You are a mongoloid. Arch isn't suitable for OP. Manjaro has a rolling release, an up to date software installer with access to Arch repositories as well as Manjaro's own and is easy to use.

Debian and things based off it are shit. Ppa is also retarded.

It was, 7 years ago. Now I would recommend Lubuntu. It might not be the best ...buntu flavor but it's the most easy to approach from Windows. Advanced users might want more ricing, control, minimalism, ... But for the average user curious about this world, it does the job perfectly. And it still works fine for people who just want their OS what an OS is for

i know this is a shitposting thread but if anyone is actually curious the answer is download fucking UBUNTU

Mint is a shittier version of Ubuntu. It's DE is ok (better than Gnome) but the update system is fucked and stupid

poo in the loo rakesh

Ubuntu MATE

i agree Arch isn’t for op. doesn’t make manjaro less shit ho. and debian just werks my guy.

who is the semen demon?

>/unthread
Jesus Christ what happened to this fucking board

If Mint is the one you're interested in, then that might be the best distro for you to start out with. For me it was late Red Hat or Fedora Core, for many it was Ubuntu, and I'm sure there will be many out there that had their start with something else like Mandrake or SUSE.

install the cinnamon version.
thank me later.

1Hz at a time my man

I started with ubuntu back when 16.04 just came out and after a little while I started trying out different distros until I settled (unironically) on gentoo. the more you use it the more you learn and that's unavoidable. the only problem you may come across is if you have hardware that relies on proprietary shit it may not work but this isn't much of an issue anymore

The back of that chair is disgusting.

Attached: 1511043360223.jpg (400x541, 26K)