Why haven't you switched to BackTrap yet?

Why haven't you switched to BackTrap yet?

Attached: bt-logo-darker.png (1485x574, 891K)

Other urls found in this thread:

itsfoss.com/bootable-windows-usb-linux/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because it's old and unstable like Kali

#1. I am not an expert user
#2. I don't need linux, windows satisfies most needs
#3. No adobe suite, I actually NEED photoshop, and gimp is a fucking joke, the only good one for paiting is krita, but whatever
#4. Games are badly translated in linux, can barely run indie games I play
#5. It's old and unstable

I fucking love linux, It's snappier, it's overall "better" and more "reliable" but the truth is it isn't. I had linux distros crash on me more often than windows ever did..

I have tried : different distros, update drivers, had some faggots from IRCs and Discords debug it for me, nothing really fixes the instability and random gnome crashes ( i liked gnome ) tried i3 ( has many many many glitches with some software ) tried KDM ( not much different from gnome but still same bugs )

Linux is just a hassle, I don't have 9 hours a day to debug shit on it, if there were a distro that would actually work, then i'd switch.

For now I just debloat windows and put up firewalls on my DMZ, big deal...

Also not to mention the multitude of bugs that can happen,
like finding out one day you can't boot cause you
sudo apt update; sudo apt upgrade
and it changed something in a config somewhere,
search the internet for shit you won't find jack to your question.

t. brainlet

>t. fag who doesn't know anything about Linux
Please spread your bullshit somewhere else.

The fuck you babbling about nigga

The linux community is literally fucking shit, I had a probem, jumped on a discord
and the fucking faggots started mocking me that I have Ubuntu and didn't help at all
the fucks over on this site made fun of me as well not 1 helped and then I thought that
I would have better luck with IRC but the fuckers over there started telling me that
"this is what happens when a fucking retard doesn't even know how to compile shit"

My problem? Couldn't dual boot with windows, dd if=win.iso of=/dev/sdd didn't work for whatever reason
nothing on the wiki, nothing nowhere, tried multiple disks, no one told me all I had to do was

RUN FUCKING
update-grub

Fuck you all

What sort of gay distro doesn't automatically handle that for you?

Ubuntu 18.04
Ubuntu 18.10
Pure Debian
Fedora

Tried all 3 of them... Literally traumatized my linux experience and don't wanna try ever again

>adobe
>NEED photoshop
>getting tech support from underaged faggots on faggot gamer chat platform
>it's old and unstable
you're literally a failure at life.

Let me guess, you downloaded arch sources to compile them right?

Shut the fuck up cunt, this linux community is literal cancer, I'd rather hear kids scream at me over on overwatch/lol/csgo/mainstreamgame than listen to bullshit from "self compilers"

I use photoshop for work, that's why i NEED it, unlike you I actually have a fucking job that I have to do

what is your "job" that you "have" that "requires photoshop"?

Why would I? Arch with BlackArch repos is the superior choice

arch is for faggots that can't gentoo

Graphic Design side-job
Also like to draw and have all my brushes in photoshop

main job, yes is software engineer, I love Ubuntu, I love using wxWidgets, I love using qt, I cum over C++
It's an amazing experience when I open up my IDE and start to code, it's just so snappy, fast, optimized, it makes me wet.
But I am a beginner, I know jack shit, and every single time I ask for shit, idiots like these cunts
tell me to kill myself, call me a brainlet. Sure this situation is justified I have snapped out, I have talked shit, and I am not correct in
most of my points, but honestly, go on IRC/Discord/ChatApp and ask for help and tell them you use Ubuntu/mint, they will SHIT on you for being a beginner, literally :

Hey guys can I get help with nginx? It doesn't work for some reason? I have some domains setup

> What distro?

ubuntu

> lmao t. Brainlette can't even use arch, lmao go compile your nginx and then talk to us faggot

Here we go, you should be added on my list over on The gatekeeping on linux is incredible.

>I NEED ADOBE PHOTOSHOP FOR MUH JAWB
>now it's a side job
>really a software engineer
you can live without adobe.
you expect any kind of soluent response on Jow Forums ? this reeks of a troll, or you're just dumb as fucking bricks, can't tell anymore.

man [thing you want to learn about]
arch wiki
stack overflow / ubuntu forums

Yeah, switch to gimp? It's a laggy piece of shit, what do you suggest?

man my pc doesn't boot into windows installation stick

> error

????

litterally no one uses GIMP for "serious artistic stuff" everyone uses krita since it's superior for drawing and excells at it.

alternatively for your "side job "you should pick another hobby.

That's what they do when you've got a problem that they don't know the answer to. Or when you've got a problem and its completely trivial.=
They like to pretend that they know the solution but providing it is beneath them.

So did Ubuntu give & Fedora give you the option to "install alongside Windows" or did you partition it manually?
In addition, did you use UEFI?
GRUB is a clusterfuck that works automagickally or not at all.

hey man if you can't learn man, man, it's not my fault man, stay with windows, the simplicity seems like something you might need out of an os.

>I have Ubuntu

Attached: 1534127916964.jpg (327x316, 20K)

>man my pc doesn't boot into windows installation stick
Why the fuck would you blame Linucks?

>Or when you've got a problem and it's completely trivial.
In this case people aren't helping you because they would have to baby you.

What happened was the following :

#1. I wanted to try linux, So I cloned my main windows on my 1tb SSD and installed it on my old 128Gb SSD
#2. I loved linux so I installed as main OS
#3. Nuked my system and installed linux after backing up my shit to an external 1Tb external HDD
#4. Realized I can't do a lot of shit without a lot of hassle
#5. Wanted windows as a dual boot so I tried to
dd if=win.iso of=/dev/sdd
didn't work
I tried literally 7 USB building tools, WoeUSB ( or something ) the ubuntu USB burning shit, that didn't work at all ON UBUNTU ffsake, tried a couple more and still didn't manage it. I even installed grub on a 500Mb partition on my stick along windows on the other FAT32 partition... Tried windows 10/7/8/8.1 all same errors
Unplugged all my HDDs and SSDs and when I tried to boot to the USB it would get me into grub recovery

#6 After watching 13 indian kids showing me how to install linux I see a command "update-grub" I do it and it suddenly sees my stick in the grub menu.... Run it ( windows 7 ) and my fucking mouse and keyboard don't work, burn a win10 hacked iso, it works, I format EVERYTHING LINUX

#7 install windows 10 hacked, go download legit win10 and format again...

This was my worst linux experience ever.

Yeah, don't want as simple as macOS but I want something that isn't this complicated and I spend more time finding a config rather than working

Hello gatekeeper

If it takes you literally 10 seconds to tell me "just do update-grub" why not just say it? I searched on stackoverflow, on ubuntu support, on discords, on IRCs, literally no one knew what to do or made fun of me. This has just been my experience. When someone asks me why they can't add a string to a char var type I tell them that char can only hold 1 CHARacter and that they need to #include I don't just ignore them or make fun of them, This is literal gatekeeping.

None of that should have happened at all.
You shouldn't need to update GRUB because your BIOS takes care of boot order.

And its a fools errand to try to dual-boot windows on an existing Linux install. Any good guide would have mentioned that.

>I even installed grub on a 500Mb partition on my stick along windows on the other FAT32 partition
wat
>Unplugged all my HDDs and SSDs and when I tried to boot to the USB it would get me into grub recovery
hahaha now I see why they were laughing.

> hahaha now I see why they were laughing.
I still don't

Did you ever install Windows before? Your issue literally has nothing to do with GRUB or Linux, you just had to set up your UEFI/BIOS to boot from the USB. There was literally no need to add it to the grub menu.

Whenever I'd select the stick from the boot menu ( I did setup the BIOS ) it would get me into grub recovery...

Because you had GRUB on your flash drive, bravo.
(This is why they were laughing)

Sorry for being unclear, at the time of removing HDDs and SSDs I didn't have grub on my stick, I only had it for 1 try

Not even gonna insult you as it's a mess what I typed.

>The linux community is literally fucking shit
Why Linus hates interacting with the community outside of smart people working on it and aren't driven by code of conduct.

>Sorry for being unclear, at the time of removing HDDs and SSDs I didn't have grub on my stick, I only had it for 1 try
I don't know how that works. You should just get a BEEP if there's no drive inserted.

Did this thread start as bait or some kind of joke? The op wrote "BackTrap" instead of BackTrack and the distro name changed to Kali years ago. It's also not a distro you use full time. I boot into it from a usb stick or use a VM when wanting to do network shit. As far as I know, it was never intended to be something you use as a main OS. It's essentially a collection of network/pen testing tools.

Yeah exactly, that's what I thought myself.
All I had plugged in was an USB drive with a windows image on it, a clean :
dd if=win.iso of=/dev/sdd process=status

I really don't know how to explain what happened?

yep...

Again, this has nothing to do with GRUB. The only reason it took you to the grub rescue is because your bootable usb didn't work properly and the fallback was grub. Since you unplugged your other drive, grub couldn't do shit.
I'm guessing the partition scheme (MBR or GPT) on your usb drive didn't match the boot settings on your UEFI/BIOS. If you're using legacy boot, you should be using an MBR partition scheme and if you're using UEFI you should be using GPT.

Other user, where does GRUB come from if there's no other drive?

Tried both of them and somehow still didn't boot from it, it was GPT and was using UEFI

My bad, I think he mentioned he also put GRUB on the USB, which is probably the case. Obviously there's no reason for this and only that would explain why grub showed up.

Anyways, OP, it's not nuclear science. You messed up and your issue has nothing to do with Linux.

>I actually NEED photoshop
No you don't cuck. I'm tired of this argument. Just because you aren't willing to invest capital and time to actually build competitive alternatives doesn't make your no free shitware a living necessity.

The issue is that the Windows ISO doesn't work that way, it doesn't include what's needed to boot it.

There's a tool to create a bootable Win ISO USB stick in a PPA:

itsfoss.com/bootable-windows-usb-linux/