Systemd is '353325' sloc of C

>systemd is '353325' sloc of C
At this point I'm pretty sure systemd is malware

>runit is '5692' sloc of C
runit is holy, how about all distros switch to it?

Attached: Systemd.png (184x202, 27K)

A runit system requires dozens of additional tools made by random internet fags. Systemd is a standardized service base maintained by glorious Redhat.

>glorious Redhat
You mean glorious IBM?
also they're rewriting it in rust, because that will surely fix all the bugs, vulnerabilities, and poor design decisions.

Attached: systemdrust.png (629x418, 92K)

>glorious Redhat
it should be written in asembly

>have program written in language notorious for leaking memory
>rewrite it in a language that doesn't have that issue
And that is somehow bad?

>also they're rewriting it in rust
stop making assumptions out of tweets you retard

>measuring SLoC
Is there anyone who can be more brainlet than this? Boomers didn't learn from history, IBM crumbled just because of this.

Attached: 1547998446687.png (882x1025, 246K)

Even if that tweet is from the lead developer of the project? A tweet that basically slams the language that he has used for the development of systemd up to this point?

>t-the language did it!!!

knowing pottery, he's probably referring to Golang or somesuch hip language

I was rather curious about how big systemd really was in terms of sloc

You do realize that how more code you have, the more bugs you get, right?

You do realize that by having insanely much code, you can't maintain everything anymore right?

he never said he will rewrite anything

get ready for the javascript explosion

poor craftsmen blame their tools.

So he will be developing in direct violation of his own newfound internal principles?
wow I thought systemd was shit before, but this is next-level.
Ah good point. I just mention Rust a lot because it's usually the go-to language of those who say C is inherently insecure and that we need to rewrite everything that was written in it.
I cringe at the thought, but honestly it wouldn't be uncharacteristic of a RedHat project. Doesn't GNOME also use Javascript for its animations or something?

Worried about systemd

Uses intel ME.

Attached: 5fEuORU.jpg (640x426, 73K)

>runit is holy, how about all distros switch to it?
thankfully that wont happen.
based and redpilled. systemd is the only way forward.
here's an analogy for you guys:
lets assume for a moment that autonomous cars are a thing and they work as indended. would you prefer that the person in the car next to you drives an autonomous car with all its security features or would you rather that person drive manually and rely on that persons skill and experience?

we are talking about the _other_ person, not if you would prefer driving manually or not.

for those that don't get the analogy:
manual driving = C
autonomous driving = Rust
other person driving = software developer working on software that you use / can affect you

i specifically chose "autonomous driving" for this analogy because Rust prevents user error before it even happens, through its language features and the borrow checker, which is basically what autonomous cars also try to prevent.

You do realize that judging a program by its loc is about as pointless as "your essay should be 500 words"-assigments, right?

Code should be modular, separating the what from the how, with as much independency as possible, using a standard communication format between the units. That's why UNIX became the dominant paradigm. That's why the Internet works at all. It's the same principle, repeated again and again. From the smallest .asm file to Google's search engine:

All my sonnets are 14 lines of verse.

check GNU Shepherd

They will renege this after the lawsuit is acknowledged. Ubuntu will be FUBAR while Fedora, Debian, et cetera, will be functional (with the added backdoors). Please just use BSD systems (excluding FreeBSD and derivatives and MirOSBSD) in the future.