pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
geekwhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=8t36c9d239ff5g3dccmlbqgncrm9jpog&board=70.0
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: JUST HHKB JIS.jpg (1920x1207, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/HUO-JI-Element-Mechanical-Programmable/dp/B01EFOJ0L6/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1549730505&sr=1-6&keywords=e-element mechanical keyboard
aliexpress.com/store/product/dsa-profile-Dye-Sub-Keycap-Set-PBT-plastic-retro-beige-for-mechanical-keyboard-beige-grey-cyan/3034003_32965815374.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.48.6b4957506wJxGz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are all the Tai Hoe keycaps sold out for all UK vendors? I haven't checked US ones, they might be there too. Really wanna pick up that sunshine set, any idea when they'll be back in stock?

just get it from china like a normal autist

the shipping costs aren't fucked?

aliexpress free shipping buddy
only issue is getting hit with customs duty
though I'm not sure how that works in the UK
in NL there's a €22 limit where you don't get with customs

someone needs to set up a proper webshop that doesn't scam the shit out of people like all the current EU based webshops

friendly reminder that zeal v2 > topre
it's ridiculous because i've been shilling topre since like 2015

I doubt that the customs on a 25£ package will be that bad

has anyone bought a PLUM keyboard?

fuck the leopold fc750r is out of stock again

I wouldn't say the tax is the biggest issue, the biggest issue (on cheap items) is the fact that you have to pay the postal service a fee (apparently £8 in the uk, €12 in NL)

makes shit not worth it

>it's an out of stock episode

Attached: large_2103_fission1.jpg (1590x1000, 586K)

UK customs are really fucked. Usually always £40 regardless of what you're bringing in, which is as much as the keycaps themselves. So, is there any way I can find out if they're gonna be available to buy in the UK some time this year or do I bite the bullet?

That customs fee depends in which carrier you use, too. I know the lowest (GLS I believe) is €9 and the highest (PostNL, of fucking course) is €12.

First proper DIY board, couldn't be happier.

Attached: wood60.jpg (3024x3024, 1.76M)

>Budget
Max 150€
>Location (continent at least)
Italy
>Preferred switch type
Linear, light (red?) I've only had Brown I hate them
>Layout
Iso-it
>Form factor
Tkl
>Backlight
Yes, one color is fine
>Previous/current keyboard
Varmilo with brown switch, I don't like Brown never tried anything else I want to try a linear one

Attached: IMG_20190209_235635.jpg (1920x1080, 701K)

true, personally I haven't had much of a choice in carrier, everything comes through postnl here (w/ aliexpress standardshipping)
even the stuff that I've had shipped from massdrop with dhl eventually comes in through postnl here

>couldn't be happier.
kill yourself

I the corsair k68 a good budget mkb?

no
get a chink clone

links?

amazon.com
aliexpress.com
us.banggood.com
taobao.com
gearbest.com

If you actually want a corsair knockoff the
amazon.com/HUO-JI-Element-Mechanical-Programmable/dp/B01EFOJ0L6/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1549730505&sr=1-6&keywords=e-element mechanical keyboard
It uses a standard layout unlike corsair which means you can replace the keycaps with something better without getting some overpriced custom set
Also the switches can be swapped without the need to desolder the keyboard meaning if you don't like the default ones you can just replace it with your favorite MX compatible switch

How important is longevity for keyboards? I want a modern ALPS board, but I'm reading a lot of negative reviews about Matias switches and how they malfunction. So I was thinking I could go for Fuhua switches in a KBP V80, but they're rated at 10 million keystrokes compared to Matias' 50 million keystrokes.

How much is 10 million keystrokes really? I'm thinking a lot, even though I use my keyboard quite heavily daily.

most membrane keyboards are rated for 2-3 million keypress. the model m was rated for 25 million keypress. hopefully that should give you a general idea if you've used those office membranes or an IBM model M

Reminder that topre is a glorified membrane keyboard and redditors over rate it because it costs so much

Reminder split ergo masterrace

Attached: IMG_20190206_234746_278.jpg (1152x864, 209K)

Hello guys, my first post here, so let's hope this goes well. The Logitech K120 is the best keyboard I have ever tried. It only cost me 8£ brand new. Why is it good you ask? I shall tell you.

Well, first of all: this keyboard is from Logitech, which is undoubtedly the best keyboard manufacturer today. It is a rather common keyboard, yes; but because it is a Logitech, somehow it doesn't feel cheap. It's like the brand itself makes a crappy keyboard turn into a great one. I don't know, Logitech has always made me feel comfortable with cheaper products. The keys are superbly well distributed, and your fingers won't touch the surrounding keys like some other ones I've tried. The keys are also not very soft, nor very hard to press down on. You know, this keyboard makes it just right, so that you can actually take advantage of the impulse that the rebounding keys give you.

This keyboard makes you feel like gravity is actually working WITH you, rather that against you.

Another thing I absolutely love about it, is the space bar. It is just the right size, and not too small or too big like on some other crappy keyboards from other manufacturers. The space bar is the most balanced key in the whole keyboard, it sits right at the center, and you can actually use it without looking at the keyboard. I mean, that's just brilliant design. It's an USB keyboard. This makes it perfect for use with modern computers, and even laptops and netbooks. No more using that old crappy PS/2 port. We're in 2019, people. I could be here all day, but in the end, I just wanted to share with you my experience with this marvelous piece of peripheral engineering. I recommend this keyboard to anyone.

Attached: 196F8A08-6AA1-4AA0-9A71-11B568D3FB8E.png (800x687, 331K)

I like it and have many other boards to compare. It's just a very nice kind of tactility. I love typing on clears too.
Either way though if you are the kind of person who wants to just buy one keyboard and use it as a tool you may as well go with high end linears like a lubed retooled rgb black with custom spring weight or maybe a silenced stem.
I imagine ergoclears(since regular clears are v good) and the new holy p/zeal v2 are just as good as topre if not better.
Each topre feels pretty different too. I was planning on getting a third topre board but now I'm just going to go for maybe an ergoclear.

How do retooled blacks compare to box blacks?

>Budget
>Preferred switch type
Blue
>Layout
ISO
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
no
>Previous/current keyboards
Cheapest cherry blue switch keyboard I could find 5 years ago. Keycaps were loose/shit, but was great other than that. Quarter of the switches just started doubletapping suddenly one day.

Are we talking both being hand lubed? Imo literally any hand lubed linear > any non-hand lubed linear. If however ur dum and don't want to then the box black will be better stock vs stock as it's lubed a bit out of the factory. If both are lubed then the cherry will feel smoother and also sound nicer.
Also some other great options if you don't want to build is a hotswap board so you can lube without soldering and also any board with flaretech reds(wooting one) and the varmillo EC rosery/sakura switches.

Here's your (You), now kys

Attached: 1543890606614.jpg (344x344, 42K)

Attached: 2000kb.jpg (2200x1467, 1.14M)

Anybody hear if moudiimk.com is legit or not?

can you please post some keyboards that has several buttons instead of a big space bar?

good job man

piss off
big spacebars are great

Attached: TransitVan.jpg (3458x1592, 1.04M)

kay guys, so what IS the best switch?

Topre

There is no single "best" switch, it depends entirely on what you want.

Membrane

Your desires might be shit.

Can anyone reccomend me cheap Colemak keycaps for a 60%? I need legends because I have autism.

aliexpress.com/store/product/dsa-profile-Dye-Sub-Keycap-Set-PBT-plastic-retro-beige-for-mechanical-keyboard-beige-grey-cyan/3034003_32965815374.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.48.6b4957506wJxGz
It's DSA profile meaning you can rearrange it however you want

Suppose that works

Thank frien

this is unironically my key board.

Attached: 51588391_328835757797666_3851415367528218624_n.jpg (2048x1152, 346K)

well that is the official /mkg/ keyboard so I don't blame ya for having one

Attached: Dell_L100.jpg (1600x740, 146K)

>popped all the keys off my old board
>retched since I haven't cleaned it in like 6 years
>Put it in the sing
>Blasted all the hair and sticky skin off of it with the sink head
>scrubbed it with a dish brush
>soaked all the keys in warm water/soap

Did I fuck up bois

would in't have been easier to just throw it in the dishwasher?

I don't have a dishwasher. I have to wash everything by hand and it sucks

Attached: 1526439948966.jpg (422x350, 38K)

>ordered box pink switches
did i do good?

Leave it to dry out completely before plugging it back in, should be fine.

JIS HHKB looks comfy AF

haven't tried pinks but if they really feel in between box white and jade, it could be really good. The jades felt a bit like the bar was a bit too stiff on the return

>look for mechanical keyboard in tech stores near me
>anything mechanical is branded as epic gamer gear
>upwards of $150 just because of the "gamer" tag

Attached: 1540271895864.png (500x679, 71K)

i fucking broke my one of these that was my keyboard for like 16 years a few weeks ago. meant i finally bought a mech but i do like it still

How are the chinese Red Dragon keyboards?

Attached: 1549359311329.jpg (600x360, 16K)

chinese

Is this keyboard embedded in the desk?

More specific plox

cheap

How cheap?

yes

That's alarmingly cheap.

Did somebody say HiPro thread?

Attached: keyboard photo 104UG 2017-10-30_14-45-49.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

Anyone know of a keycap set that has magic symbols rather than a traditional alphabet.

I'm trying to go with a very specific them for this keyboard i'm building.

If you're fine with ABS, just make a custom set on WASDkeyboards.com

What kind of runes are you looking for? massdrop occasionally gets some sets and there are chink knockoffs of some of them.

Honestly it's not super important. It just has to look like "magic symbols" to a casual observer. I'd love to get some Viking Rune type thing but i'm open to any really.

XDA canvas had viking runes, but you'll have to wait until the next drop.

>Cool looking keycaps
>It's "premium" ABS

Attached: linus.jpg (891x720, 169K)

>BLM

I'm telling Jow Forums

Attached: 1549768365317.jpg (2048x1152, 560K)

Jow Forums glamour shots of the EnjoyPBT 9009 set

I have one of these, where did u get the spacebar

So disrespectful. Nobody, how popular they are, should be able to slander this community like this

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-10-02-54-40.jpg (1920x1080, 691K)

>tfw the pink keycaps I ordered last week haven't been shipped yet :/

Attached: HTB1qbXTNVXXXXXRXXXXq6xXFXXXp.jpg (1000x667, 86K)

Topre

Attached: topre_switch.png (648x608, 310K)

I really hope my order of DSA keycaps from 3 weeks ago is at least on a bote.

Attached: Untitled.png (413x58, 7K)

Im kinda new to /mkg/ and Im trying to comprehend why people unironically buy keyboards without the win / super button.
They find the empty space so aesthetically pleasing, that its worth to use one more fn combination than otherwise necessary? Pick related is a 327$ PD-KB600B, and the only logical reason I find for the lack of said button, is that they needed the space to put the logo on the front.

Attached: 41PGEk9b8CL.jpg (500x333, 23K)

mate that diamond key is super/win/command

At least the tracking is fast :3

Well yeah, still theres Ctrl missing, even though there enough space.

mate look at the text under Tab (or better yet google hhkb layout)

I thought the same. get an ortholinear board. all the larger keys (especially the giant spacebar) are just wasted space.

????????????????????????????????
control is where capslock goes on a standard ANSI layout
you don't need that 'missing' third modifier at all

only keys missing are modifier keys (caps and right ctrl) which are realistically never used.

Now I see, missed it. The example was bad, look at pic related, any justification in removal of win / super in those?

Attached: 123.png (928x858, 910K)

yeah I find these just plain stupid
they're supposed to pay hommage to the older boards, like the model m
it's a style over substance thing

Attached: m.jpg (1000x428, 58K)

some people never use the windows key and instead of using a toggle switch to disable it they decide its better to remove the key entirely. its pretty dumb

oi m8 only tacky unlabeled undersized uncomfy overbuilt trash in this thread ok?

Attached: s-l1600[1].jpg (1600x877, 289K)

>Windows key

Attached: 1510263357978.jpg (540x540, 61K)

what use you see from 160 euro keyboards? its a waste of money when with that money you could buy yourself something nice or gift your parents something like atleast flowers or expensive material thing ! this keyboard im using costs 5 euro, multimedia keyboard and its better than mechanical

Attached: 1527733957250.jpg (768x1032, 199K)

If you don't know for sure what switch you want, get yourself a €20 switch tester (with cherry and noncherry) first

>with that money you could buy yourself something nice
yeah, like a mechanical keyboard

Yes it's called the windows key.

No it isn't

yes it is. the windows key was first introduced in 1994 with it's own unique scan code e0 5b/e0 5c.

I agree. Mine cost about £10 and it was great so I bought another to put in the cupboard for the next decade so I can use it after this one dies. Mechanical keyboard are vastly overrated, give an annoying "shock" up each fingertip every time you press down the key and a good OEM rubberdome is absolutely fine every time.

so what is it then?