What skills can I develop to get a job as a compsci dropout? Currently know college level C++

What skills can I develop to get a job as a compsci dropout? Currently know college level C++.

Attached: 1549080317487.png (800x821, 682K)

I had to join the military after failing out of university. Luckily, the job I got was basically military computer systems administration/networking, and the training was super easy coming from a CS background.

In general, there are a lot of jobs in administration and operations for IT, networking, and tech services in general, and there aren't a lot of degrees that train directly for those jobs, so you aren't competing with graduates as often. Often there are certification tests for specific skills that can help get your foot in the door.

www.pluralsight.com offers a free trial (I think), and if you don't have anything else to do with your time, you might try starting on one of their certification paths.

Why did you dropout?

What branch?
I went straight from high school to router/networking tech in the USAF, probably one of the best decisions I've made.

well, go through HTML/CSS/JS/PHP/AJAX, jQuery,Bootstrap, REACT, Angular and you can have comfy web dev junior job in less than 6 months if you work on it 8 hours per day. You will also have clean office, nice pay and free food/drinks usually, if you aren't from third world. Probably also office parties and open environment so you can play darts and table soccer at your job

That's awful

how is a comfy job awful, it's only the biggest Jow Forums autistic retards that cry over a nice well paying job where you get to socialize with others and have fun.

There aren't really a lot of liberal retarded normies you hate to hang out with where I'm from and most people are good people that are casual with meeting new people and new ideas. And, if there are a lot of normies you can probably climb the ladder so much faster and get a better position and better pay quicker, since you know how NPCs behave and can use that in your advantage to progress faster.

If you think clean office and nice pay are awful for something that is 100% mentally challenging and fun to do after you master it, then you probably never wagecucked or worked a single day in you life to appreciate such an opportunity. Nobody outside Jow Forums would say that's an awful job for the amount of work it requers and the nice fat pay check you get.

Attached: 1534079713802.jpg (240x280, 18K)

Marines.

I do not suggest going Marines over any of the other branches unless you have absolutely no self-discipline.

Boot camp coding memes exist for a reason, so grocery store stickers can (in theory) get an office job like this in months

He's not wrong

I'm
I know a couple of web devs and discussed this with them and if it's really all you have to know to land an internship or a junior position and they all told me "yeah, it's not really complicated".

I asked them that exclusively because we went through HTML/CSS/JS/PHP/AJAX/Bootstrap/jQuery in almost 3 months in 1st year CS college.. and they all said that I'd be easily ready if I spent about 3 months more really polishing my skills and learning few frameworks and putting together few websites on my own.

So, if you have some knowledge in programming and environment you are going to work I'd say it's 3 months. If you never programmed, then half year or up to year and you're easily ready, if you aren't the biggest brainlet.

he’s smart to do that. I have a Bs and Ms in CS, unemployed

youre fighting a losing fight. anytime you mention any trendy engineering office on this Jow Forums subreddit, the aspies come out with their agoraphobia guns blazin

ok? congrats, you suck so bad that you're somehow unemployed in one of the most in-demand industries there are on the planet

you shouldn't advice others to not try because you failed

>this Jow Forums subreddit
i know this is bait but fucking hell

Attached: 1485574001267.jpg (776x1206, 99K)

Man, I'm getting too old for this shit and these kids I guess. Couple of years back there was a lot of goofing and faggotry on multiple boards, but at least people were more kind when you gave a serious advice and response to people that seeked for guidance. Nowadays, most of the people on Jow Forums just do shit to provoke a response and shit on each other all the time, even though what you are recommending is actually very positive and good outside of Jow Forums.
I don't know anymore what fucking happened to this site and I've been here since 2008. You had younger kids here years back, but they weren't even as half as cancerous as new ones are. And even your average 20 year old lurker that was here since 2008 and was arrogant dipshit troll would calm down and discuss matters when the time was due.

this lol

2016 election.
Search your memories, you know it to be true.

On my 4th year in the AF - it's OK.
There's a certain lifer type that can do it, but it's really not a bad start.

My cousin wants to join the Marines. I ask him why, and he goes on about being a sniper and oorah and shit. I tried to tell him what's up, but when a 17 year old has his mind made up that he's going to go be a badass Chris Kyle, there's not much you can say.

God the web dev bar is so low
How the fuck hasn't that bubble burst yet

>open environment
>implying this is a good thing

Just no.

>My cousin wants to join the Marines. I ask him why, and he goes on about being a sniper and oorah and shit. I tried to tell him what's up, but when a 17 year old has his mind made up that he's going to go be a badass Chris Kyle, there's not much you can say.

Sounds like he'll fit in well in the Marines, That describes like 95% of the people who sign up for infantry MOSes

pretty sure you'd take that "discomfort" only autists feel over working at McDonalds

i have master's degree in computers-something, i don't even know how it translates into english, got a job after three attempts even though i was pretty picky (aiming specifically for android/kotlin). i dunno, i think i did well by not dropping out

"dropouts have good careers" is a nice meme, but i rarely get to see it working in practice. usually it's people who started working in companies right after high school

Imagine being so bluepilled that you excuse an objectively inferior office layout that's pushed exclusively by management looking to cut corners on facilities cost.

Reminder: studies show that open office layouts *reduce* interpersonal interaction when compared to private offices. Literally the only reason for open offices is so that management can cram twice as many people into the same square footage.

yeah, if you are a fucking weirdo turbo autist with no prior job experience and are taking it for granted

I'm speaking from experience, having worked for a tech company that provided private offices and then moved my group to a building with open offices instead. The turbo autist here is you.

different people prefer different environments, what a surprise. However, who is more likely to hate open office, a shy autist or someone normal that prefers privacy?

Not him but it sounds nice aside from the open office, I prefer closed ones.

> However, who is more likely to hate open office, a shy autist or someone normal that prefers privacy?

Fucking both? I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make if it's not 'everyone hates open offices', because everyone does hate open offices. Stacy normie doesn't want her boss watching her play solitaire from across the room any more than le virgin turbo-autist wants to hear every fucking conversation in the damn building.

Congrats on being a failure.

I had a full time job in a Fortune 500 halfway through my degree. Still balanced school and work so I could graduate.