Writing your passwords on a piece of paper is a thousand times more safer than write them down in your computer or even...

writing your passwords on a piece of paper is a thousand times more safer than write them down in your computer or even use a third party password manager. how dumb are people to not understand this?

Attached: se).jpg (1300x1244, 131K)

>more safer

Yeah, I'm sure that righting "admin" and "123456" on paper is way more secure

Lol I just use passw0rd123 for all mine.

"hurr durr ill use a usb key instead of writing it down hurr durr im so sekure"

If you've got the money, you can buy an Ironkey drive.

FIPS 140-2 level 3
XTS-AES 256-bit hardware encryption
Signed firmware
etc etc

Also, it can be set to wipe itself automatically after 10 password attempts.

Only real downside is the price, you'll be looking at about $700 per unit for a 128GB drive.

>Only real downside is the price, you'll be looking at about $700 per unit for a 128GB drive.

Though to add to this, a 4GB version for storing text information can be had for around $100.

>paying to get an encrypted drive
a fool is born every second

Unless you love slow as fuck write speeds, it's the only way to get a decent encrypted flash drive.

You're paying that price because it has custom ASICs for hardware encryption built in.

ah, you're on Windows?
hahah nvm then

The entire professional world is as well.

All this tells me is you work for a shit company, or you don't work in the field at all.

Sure mate. have a nice day.

>not building a memory Palace to store your passwords
Remember kids, the greatest computer is your mind

Lmao, do you even know what FIPS 140-2 IS?

It's Federal Information Processing Standard.

Meaning this type of drive is REQUIRED if you want to move certain types of secure documents.

Your job might be some generic bottom of the barrel IT monkey. But not everyone is in that position.

>Buy a VERY thick book
>buy invisible ink pen
>pick random page number that you’ll remember
>write your password on page in invisible ink

Its even more secure if you use transparency paper over the page, and circle random letters n numbers on the page. Physical one time keys are pretty damn secure

Okay! :)

>hardware encryption

Attached: 1531820805982.jpg (320x238, 24K)

>ink pen
>not semen

Depends on whether the password protects a legal or illegal collection of data. It could be easily discovered by police if it's the latter. Alternatively, crims could use it to obtain access to important profitable information.

Paper + safe might be better, or even a non networked device that's able to be in a safe.

Best way is to store it in your brain, and not become too attached to physical and material objects. Even if you forget the password or lose the data it won't matter that much, nothing really does.

Attached: 54eaa2ca898f91f34044716dfe46b9c6.jpg (1440x1194, 230K)

>Federal Information Processing Standard
Enjoy your backdoor

Depends on your opsec, stupid. Is your piece of paper a sticky note on your monitor? That’s equivalent to an unencrypted txt file. Bad actor driving your computer? That’s equivalent to a bad actor with access to your house/office. Are apples objectively better than oranges? You’re a brainlet, OP.

lmao, the people buying this ARE the feds. Idiot.

Saferer?

>FIPS 140-2 level 3
you massive homo cock smoking reddit reading faggot. If it's approved by the US govt then it's backdoored to the hilt.
get out

B-but I can't copy paste that way!

You're implying feds themselves wouldn't backdoor each other if there was a need. Snowden kinda proved that.

>Unless you love slow as fuck write speeds, it's the only way to get a decent encrypted flash drive.
No, you can just put luks on it. All modern CPUs have accelerated AES instructions

That's very close to what I do for all my passwords. The only downside is that the book will eventually age and rip or I might lose it or something. But for now it's sitting snugly in my library, looking like any ordinary book.

>tripfag calling someone else a faggot
hahahahhahahaahaha please stop

Too bad I can't read or write. Also, I'm too stupid to find a secure box to store my password paper inside. If I get vanned, I'm required to give them the key anyways.