Ctrl+f void

ctrl+f void
>no void thread

It really is the best distro right now.

Attached: d5a7ffba3ccc8575a4fb53080d876c5c.png (250x206, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.voidlinux.org/Void_Linux
voidlinux.org/news/2017/12/ponysay.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>void
>best distro
cringe and blue pilled
It's just arch but even more unstable

Based. I tried it out once and it was super fast. Way faster and lighter than anything else I had ever used.

Unironically true. Use it as my daily driver and it just werks.

cringe

Nothing like arch.
>arch has systemd
void has runit
>arch packages are compiled with all options enabled
void packages aren't
>arch is glibc only
void has musl
>arch includes proprietary blobs in the kernel
void doesn't

>he doesn't know what an april fools joke is
enjoying the states, pajeet?

The _only_ improvments to Void would be a better (like python or makefile/c) xbps-src, where tooling is seperate from package templates, and being able to use other inits like openrc

hi lucas

What do you need other inits for? You're right about xbps-src though, packaging process is a nightmare

>>arch includes proprietary blobs in the kernel
>void doesn't
void has proprietary blobs in the kernel. void has proprietary drivers installed. There is no way of installing void in an FSF approved way. Stop spreading this misinformation. The rest is correct tho. And xbps is light years ahead of pacman, apt, etc.

>void has proprietary blobs in the kernel.
You have to enable the nonfree repo and install the nonfree firmware. It isn't FSF approved for the same reason Debian isn't, and that is that there's a way to install nonfree software via the package manager and repos.

I've been on this site over 5 years and no one's given me a legitimate reason to hate SystemD

> Replaces shell scripts with C code
> Faster start up times
> Init for the PC generation

Sounds pretty fucking good to me. Prove me wrong.

Fyi my history:
Ubuntu -> Mint -> Debian -> Gentoo -> FreeBSD -> Ubuntu

And I fucking love it.

systemd is nigger, and made by a jew

>faster startup times
user.. Wait until you boot into void. Nearly fell out my chair the first time I saw that boot time, around 1.5 seconds on a fast SSD

why do you have to lie user?

wiki.voidlinux.org/Void_Linux
>Aside from binary blobs in the kernel, a base install contains only free software.

I see literally no reason to switch off of Manjaro-xfce or Manjaro-i3wm depending on your needs.

I have way more important things to do than sit and tweak my operating system stack for weeks. Has a gui front end for pacman with the AUR built right into it. Barely have to touch the CLI except to run shell scripts for some java based programs I'm required to run for school. I lied, you can just set up a custom opening tool using sh in the thunar.

I stand corrected.

>And xbps is light years ahead of pacman, apt, etc.

Attached: 1522094661442.jpg (280x180, 7K)

>It's just arch but stable
FTFY

Attached: 1541766611516.jpg (612x612, 66K)

funny way to spell arch but ok mr "WAHH I HATE SYSTEMD"

there is s6 available in the repo, so you can use different inits, but runit is great so I don't know why would you want to change it

>Boot on live usb
>Network and touchpad reconized and working
>install on hdd
>boot
>no networks and touchpad not working

How ?

Does it have a repository with the same amount of packages as the AUR or do I still have to compile non-official packages myself?

You have to compile non-official packages yourself.

voidlinux.org/news/2017/12/ponysay.html

this was no april fools joke.

Used void in almost all of 2017. For a beg/inter user it was pretty good. Didn't attempt to learn about the xbps-src (should have) but it has a bit of a learning curve and irc channel was very helpful. Most info it seems it received from arch wiki which is ironic. I'm using lubuntu at the moment and I plan to give it a shot again in the near future.

Void got me into the habit of having a notebook to write commands in future use

>xbps-reconfigure -f linux#.# for broken initramfs
>also it's tiresome having to delete old kernals but it was a learning experience

did you guys ever find that one guy with all the passwords?

que?

A bit of harmless fun. Could have been about Star Wars or LOTR. Personally, I don't like mlp and it is childish to like it. But I think that's ok, we all do childish things. I don't judge other people's interests. Why don't you judge void on its actual merits and features, rather than on a single package meant to appeal to a part of the user base with a certain interest.

didnt the lead dev who was the only guy with the admin pw for the website and some repo go mia last year? I was curious about void when it happened, but figured I should wait a bit to see how that whole situation worked out

hmm first time hearing about it. that sucks. been away from Void for a couple of years.

No, lead dev disappeared a year ago (but has shown activity lately). The forum was run by some guy that couldn't run it anymore. I guess (hope) passwords weren't leaked and never will though.

are you referring to pwd to the forum? If those were leaked who cares?

it was fast because half the operating system was left out, it was a hollow shell