What kind of tech may be possible that we may not yet know about?

What kind of tech may be possible that we may not yet know about?

Attached: Quantummirror2.jpg (990x557, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

space.com/22430-star-trek-warp-drive-quantum-thrusters.html
youtu.be/_w5JqQLqqTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Warp drives.

automated guns that lock onto and shoot traps

Breaks causality, won't work unless the universe for some reason doesn't care about causality

some fucked up way of surveillance that we havent even thought about

7 minute abs

Just electrocute your abs no?

Everyone famous or in charge is a transsexual, for centuries. Evil, lying monsters. Humanity totally fucked. Does that look like a male jaw to you?

Attached: tony-blair-bad.jpg (720x486, 130K)

But nasa has already achieved non-negative results in preliminary warp drive tests using q thrusters as a substitute for exotic matter? I think the outlook is quite promising.

found an article: space.com/22430-star-trek-warp-drive-quantum-thrusters.html

all kinds of crazy experimental stuff

Quasi crystal you can basically have near camo to the eye

Gravity manipulation via stong em fields so you can fly shit at right angle and get shit into space fast

energy harvesting from space the planets basically act like poles building up charges around them for us to use

screencap this you laugh now but in 30 years...

Attached: 1549467561333.png (234x236, 61K)

We don't yet know.

It can transmit information faster than light can. That creates logical paradoxes. Now if the universe cares about this is another question ...

I don't know if I agree with the timeframe, but otherwise yeah. I think near-term AR is going to spike and become the next big thing after neural nets. We will see things like that hyper reality concept, and then eventually move more into VR full dive with a VR chat like virtual space. Next step is everyone going full matrix and using robotic surrogate bodies to interact with the physical world for safety reasons. AR will probably get bing in the next 10 years, gull dive maybe 4-6 years after that blows up, and then about 10 years for VR full dive to become normalized. Automation is likely to spike. Like Amazons drones and the pizza delivery bots, but on steroids. I'll be amazed if any trivial/repetitive manual labor type jobs continue to exist in 20-30 years. Data entry will be next. Higher functioning tasks like programing and developing entertainment with then become AI aided and in another 20-30 years computers will be doing those jobs too. I think that it is likely that we will need a breakthrough in our current understanding of AI to make that leap though. And I wouldn't doubt it if we still see humans holding some of those jobs, at least until the AI gets REALLY good. Like, once an AI reaches the level where it can DM a game of D&D for players better than our current best DMs, that's when I think we will know that we have made it in AI.

That doesn't result in a paradox as it isn't transmitting anything faster than the speed of light. That's the whole point of warp drive. It completely avoids the issues of temporal inversion and thus avoids temporal paradoxes. The information changes it's position without moving close to the speed of light by distorting the space around it. The flow of information along the time axis thus remains a valid function, avoiding loops/paradoxes.

You are probably thinking of FTL in standard space which behaves differently. And requires infinite energy, hence e=mc^2

>AI V AR AI R VR AI I AR
shut the fuck up
go back 2 reditt

You are remarkably stupid if you don't see how AI, AR, and VR will influence the work over the next century.

I've been listening to the VR AI bs for the last 20 years and it's not done anything to affect me. It's a selling point to make money that's all.

If I have a piece of paper with some information on it, and I walk into my warp drive enabled ship, warp to Alpha Centauri which is 4.3 light years away, travel for less than 4.3 years, and give the piece of paper to someone there, I will create a paradox because information can't be transmitted faster than light.

fuck you now i have to watch all the seasons again

>go back 2 reditt
says the tripfag

Ikr. Was so good, and now I NEED to re-watch everything. at least we are starting to get some good sci-fi again with the orville... even if they wrote out my favorite char. It's a shame what happened to all the classics though. from start trek to doctor who. And then there are the shows that are just over/in limbo. Red dwarf, babylon 5, star gate, blake 7, etc.

yeah, doesnt seem like theres ever gonna be any good stargate series again, i even liked universe.

you must mean mind-reading.
well, we're working on it.

Universe had protential, just had to stick through it.

Honestly this was the best part of getting on Jow Forums today anons.

That read like a Big Bang theory joke.

instant feel good waves you can send someone from your phone

Attached: nu.png (600x581, 276K)

Ask again next year

Protip, the part where warp drives create paradoxes isn't within the time when it is moving at FTL. It's when it is in normal space in a location very far away from where it started.

A way to cure gayness.

Seriously, it has to exist.

Attached: 1546691265896.png (340x556, 233K)

I need some of these right now

hi fren :)

Attached: 1549777909187s.jpg (250x222, 6K)

Just FYI kids, FTL travel or transfer of information is impossible. If it was possible at all we would have seen entire galaxies colonised by aliens already. Also FTL travel lets to time paradoxes.

Attached: 1460239342368[1].gif (323x402, 114K)

Robot women with fully functional (ie vaginas and tiddies) bodies

Well it sure doesn't care about us.

>Believing aliens exist

It would be equally terrifying if they didn't.

>we would have seen entire galaxies colonised by aliens
how do you know they aren't?

I'd love to have one of those. I'd totally start a family with one.

Attached: 1515665913042.jpg (1000x1500, 348K)

By looking at the galaxies and seeing that they emit exactly the kinds of EM radiation that natural galaxies are calculated to emit. Everything in the sky makes sense, and that's a bad thing. No one is moving the stars, covering them in dyson swarms, or mining them. No radiation is being emitted in frequencies that only artificial sources can produce. Especially not on galactic scales.

Integrating circuitry directly into our nervous system is a dimension of human evolution that we have begun but have no grasp of how far or where it will take us. Humans will become telekinetic and your Android phone will be inside your brain, you will have a fourth eye so-to-speak which is the eye into the connected consciousness (the internet).

Adapting such technology for animals may allow them to finally have the means to communicate with us in a common language. We could create synthetic light or sound wave manipulation devices that implant on any mammilian being, and possibly start talking to the other life forms on our planet. Maybe whales could share information about ocean currents and geography with us, maybe animals could find roles as workers in society and become civilized to an extent.

currently china has quite a lot of fringe level of tech experiments going on

this
theres things ya do know and things you know you don't know and the things you don't know you don't know. you know?

we'd have to find a language dumb enough for them tho

maybe somalian?

instant cum

That's a nice ass, but you are forgetting the board you're on.

oh shit

You already have that. Your girlfriend told me.

"Infinite" energy by draining energy from thin air, Tesla described it as "getting energy from aether" along with his wireless power transmitting over long distances.

Zero point energy cannot be used to do work, because it is a form of energy at maximum entropy. Energy must flow to do work. Energy needs a location with less energy to flow. Zero point energy permeates every inch of the universe. It is equally spread. Even if the amount of energy per square meter of space time was enormous, it could never be used because there is no location to tap the energy from. It is like trying to run a combustion engine inside the sun. Combustion engines rely on expanding gasses to move pistons. All gases in the sun are already as hot or hotter than any burning petrol. The piston is therefore not going to move. It cannot utilize any energy gradient, despite being surrounded by energy.

If we followed that logic, bent space wormholes wouldn't be possible. Since black holes are possible, why wouldn't these concepts be possible as well?

>theres things ya do know and things you know you don't know and the things you don't know you don't know. you know?
youtu.be/_w5JqQLqqTc

Does it work

who says? what if you shined a flash light out into space, then warped way ahead of the beam and shined the light back the way you came, then warped to the middle of the two beams? I mean oh my god, two flashlights are shining on you at once! And you're holding the flashlight! Oh fuck no, you broke the universe we're all dead!

Why would any of that matter to anything?

then you make the engine run on something else

That's what we are doing already, by using energy sources that are still ordered and able to transferred into other forms of energy.

You don't know what a paradox is

Travel to alternate dimension

A decent windows version past 7

If aliens exist they're hiding because hiding is safer.

Obscure reference getted.

Nanoaugmentations

Attached: a7a785102300b27fa177dfd0d484736b.png (269x647, 404K)

Nothing can travel faster than light. That includes information

Unironically redpilled. Shut it down.

6 min labs

Tunnel Diode Effect

Has that even been proven or is it just conjecture?

Based and darkforestpilled

I mean, no one knows for sure

Nah, the hardware challenges facing practical androids means that they'll never become viable for the average joe. Great news for Saudi oil barons and Russian oligarchs though.

That is, if it isn't rendered totally irrelevant by AR/VR

A whale would have as much to say about ocean currents as your average toddler. They're socially "smart" compared to other animals, but they're still pretty underpowered in the brain department compared to a human. We just massively outspec everything else. It's a sad truth.
In order to get what you're talking about, we'd have to uplift other species. I think that would have real value for truly diversifying our resilience. Right now, a single really top notch virus could kill most of humanity. The creation of good AI is essentially for our long term survival (where "our" means the propagation of human sourced intelligence). Why not a biological AI produced from the template of a suitable non-human animal? That would be good progress at least. As it is we're just fucking around with games.