Adblockers are ruining the Internet, you know this to be true

Adblockers are ruining the Internet, you know this to be true.

Attached: Selection_015[1].png (1104x476, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reek.github.io/anti-adblock-killer/
yolo.github.io/anti-adblock-killer-killer/
adguard.com/en/adguard-dns/overview.html
adzhosts.eu/hosts/adzhosts-android.txt
hosts-file.net/ad_servers.txt
raw.githubusercontent.com/EnergizedProtection/block/master/basic/formats/hosts
winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt
raw.githubusercontent.com/EnergizedProtection/block/master/blu/formats/hosts
adaway.org/hosts.txt
raw.githubusercontent.com/EnergizedProtection/block/master/bluGo/formats/hosts
someonewhocares.org/hosts/hosts
raw.githubusercontent.com/EnergizedProtection/block/master/spark/formats/hosts
raw.githubusercontent.com/jerryn70/GoodbyeAds/master/Hosts/GoodbyeAds.txt
sysctl.org/cameleon/hosts
zerodot1.gitlab.io/CoinBlockerLists/hosts
pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serverlist.php?hostformat=hosts&showintro=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OY VEY! I see you're using an adblocker! Consider disabling it on our site so we can continue collecting shek- err...continue providing you with quality content! :^))))

>times of curry

Attached: 1538854196936.png (965x859, 107K)

>times of INDIA
POO

Attached: 1514510904623.png (500x855, 143K)

IN

And ads ruined the internet.
So what's the solution? Running a shitload of garbage js that spies on all my mouse moves, throws up a modal 10 seconds into reading a site in my face or mix in autoplay video cancer into a body of text isn't a solution.

THE

STREET

Adblockers do more than just block ads, user. Please use the GNU-approved term "surveillance protector".

The internet is ruining itself. Ad blockers are only trying to correct it.

shit bait

I wouldn't mind disabling my adblocker if ads were text-only or used simple images. No loud ass background audio, no autoplaying videos, no redirect hell shit, none of that bullshit. Websites could plaster a website with text-only ads and I really would not care.

I block everything just to accelerate the fall of internet.

Attached: 49344655_10212753623107788_6891595310733197312_n.jpg (712x765, 68K)

Wrong.
Adblockers are saving the Internet, and people, from malware.

troll thread
this is a half assed troll thread
you are posting in a troll thread
you are bumping an obvious troll thread
zero effort troll thread here
troll thread

>235 replies and 45 images omitted

I'm revoking your First-Party Javascript privilege

this.

You don't even need anti-virus anymore as much as you need an adblocker

allow ads goyim!
it's only for the (((economy)))

Attached: 895.png (596x643, 17K)

No, ADS are ruining the internet, not ADBLOCKERS
When I'm cheating on my CS homework, I dont want people making money off of it. Fucking cyber-capitalism man.

Yeah, this this this. You need uMatrix and uBlock Origin to prevent people from giving you computer AIDS and spying on all your shit. The internet in 2019 is trash, 100%.

>Indian Times
Do they review the best streets to shit on?

I don't give a fuck though

>implying we don't want to ruin the modern Internet

Why use an ad blocker when you can Just modify your host file And find all the servers that serve you ads and point them to 0.0.0.0

>C#
>beautiful and cleanly designed
There's something I don't understand.

Because you're an idiot if you think that is equivalent protection.

Yeah, you don't need antivirus, just a debugger and some ASM knowledge

Ads are ruining the Internet; ad blockers are the duct tape used to fix it

reek.github.io/anti-adblock-killer/

yolo.github.io/anti-adblock-killer-killer/
checkm8

What's the alternative monetization for online companies? Things have been tried, and things have failed. The only sustainable model has been from ad revenue.

it's easier to block scripts

Attached: uO.png (1154x854, 103K)

Offer a premium service like pdfs or books of your normal articles, a subscription service, selling merch.
In short, providing actual value to your userbase.

>Adblockers are ruining the Internet
overuse of ads ruined the internet, and then adblockers made it tolerable to use.

This. I had gone a long time without an ad blocker. But I eventually downloaded one when a website plastered SO many ads it slowed down my gaming computer.

If this were profitable, why isn't everyone already doing it

Because you have to actually provide something people want and not just write a shitty article and call it a payday?

You're dodging the question, kind of. You're writing it off as some kind of laziness on the part of the content provider. I'm asking why the financial incentive isn't strong enough to overcome that laziness? Why isn't everyone doing it already?

only correct answer ITT
the Internet was ruined before anti-ad software existed, in fact they're the reason anti-aids were needed in the first place

Attached: 135d0a882dd77ef1f43b767a1e6f3774534907cb0230e08d732da1b06eb1ee7e.jpg (1024x1021, 192K)

No, social media and smartphones are.

I remember the old school ads which tried to get you to install virus, those were the days.

Because it isn't profitable for everyone.
It's extremely easy to get ad revenue. It's hard to make people think your content is worth them opening their wallets for you (unless you have breasts). It's even more difficult to get enough people to open their wallets that you can make a living off it.

If you cannot monetize your content without requiring the low effort advertising (unsponsored ad networks), your content is shit, basically, and you need to come to terms with that. Either find a way to make it worth something or move on.

I already answered you, maybe people just dont find their content interesting enough to pay and keep blocking ads. Maybe they should go back to their day job or do something else.

>create website out of love of some topic and want to share information with like minded people
>pay for it with weekly job
i dont get what the problem is?

So what's the solution here? Would you like to see some government oversight on data collection/online advertisements? Would you be okay with this even at the cost of innovation?

"lol they should just stop" is not a realistic answer.

Why the fuck are you bringing government in? Are an actual retard m8? No wonder you cant make money with people blocking your ads.

>they should stop is not a realistic answer
You dont understand the concept of market discipline do you?

android phone reviews are our most-read articles outside of india
not even joking

>implying those don't still exist
I see you don't look for obscure cracked software on jewgle

that or illegal content. nobody would fork out money and leave a paper trail for something that is a bootleg anyways

You've never heard of private trackers I take it.

Not to the same extent, since Internet Explorer 6 isn't a thing anymore.

Accept that they don't offer a service people deem worth paying for or even care enough about to support with ads and cease operations.

Just use Brave instead you convoluted fuck.

Nothing! The internet is not a corporate space, it's information technology. You might run a website for your company, but you don't run a company through a website.
It's compareable to the telephone network, it's great but it's actually complementary, if can't afford to run it then don't. It's not the users fault.

More people should do this.

ublock origin is better than braves built-in blocker. And chromium is worse for blocking content.

It's about supporting BAT doofus.

Of course, you don't wan't to give good advise. Should have known.

>More shitcoins

Stop trying to give me computer AIDS and limit yourself to simple banners and I'll disable my adblocker.

I just run blokada, turn off the ad block, and turn on the Adguard DNS filter. Seems to work fine for vanilla sites.

Block ads with your DNS
Don't send your traffic to 8.8.8.8 (google, systemd default) or 1.1.1.1 (cloudflare spooks)
adguard.com/en/adguard-dns/overview.html

get nano defender

Look, that isn't a catchall solution.

It isn't, but still better than sending your DNS to Google/Cloudtflare/Comcast

So it's basically irrelevant to this conversation is what you're saying.

adblockers only exist because of bad faith activities by ad makers. most of you kids are too young to remember the internet before adblockers became a thing.

you sound like your jimmies have been rustled

I've been blocking ads since 1999 when I used my 14.4k modem to connect to one of those free internet service things where I killed the process for the AD serving program quickly after connecting

I use this on mobile and uBlock Origin in the browser with more filters. I also use pfBlockerNG on my home network. Do I have a problem?

>AdZHost
adzhosts.eu/hosts/adzhosts-android.txt

>HpHosts
hosts-file.net/ad_servers.txt

>Energized Basic
raw.githubusercontent.com/EnergizedProtection/block/master/basic/formats/hosts

>MVPS
winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt

>Energized Blu
raw.githubusercontent.com/EnergizedProtection/block/master/blu/formats/hosts

>AdAway
adaway.org/hosts.txt

>Energized Blu Go
raw.githubusercontent.com/EnergizedProtection/block/master/bluGo/formats/hosts

>Dan Pollack's Host Files
someonewhocares.org/hosts/hosts

>Energized Spark
raw.githubusercontent.com/EnergizedProtection/block/master/spark/formats/hosts

>Goodbye Ads
raw.githubusercontent.com/jerryn70/GoodbyeAds/master/Hosts/GoodbyeAds.txt

>Cameleon
sysctl.org/cameleon/hosts

>Coin Blocker
zerodot1.gitlab.io/CoinBlockerLists/hosts

Attached: Screenshot_20190209-232855_Blokada.jpg (1080x2220, 264K)

>Peter Lowe's Host File
pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serverlist.php?hostformat=hosts&showintro=0

based

I'd literally have paid only services or legit free service rather than the vague datamining and advertising attempts.

>Adblockers are ruining the Internet
window.alert("YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED WITH MALWARE!!! CALL 123-POO-456 TO RECEIVE TECHNICAL SUPPORT");
var pooWarning = new Audio('totallyLegitimateWarning.mp3');
pooWarning.play();
Notification.requestPermission();
navigator.geolocation.getCurrentPosition(...);

Use an ad blocker that allows the ads to load in the background but you never get to see and it never triggers their anti-ad-blocker shit.

DESIGNATED

You mean the kind of adblocker that still allows you to get malware?

VM

Block the script, problem solved.

Just use ublock on advanced mode

The hypocrisy of those "rational" adblock users claiming that if the content isn't sustainable without ads it shouldn't exist, is that if adblockers suddenly disappeared, they would still access the content and deal with the ads.
It's not "this content is worth nothing to me", it's "this content is actually valuable to me but I can access it without ads so I'll keep doing that thank you very much".
I block ads everywhere but I don't act like I have the moral high ground for it. It's no different from illegal downloads and the likes.

>times of india

And nothing of value was lost.

>BAT
>anonymized payments
>99+% of content creators don't accept BAT
>brave can't return payments because anonymized
>"guess we'll just keep the money"

Is there something like adnauseum for google analytics? Sending them junk clicks and bad javascript information?

I'm always taken aback by the way people talk and think about ads.

They have no inherent value. There is 0 (zero) monetary gain in showing ads to a person who never goes on to purchase the goods or services in the ads. Advertisers wouldn't pay to show ads that don't generate sales. It's not fucking magic money from nowhere.

That's because you're like all the special snowflakes who think their mental fortitude is such that ads don't have any effect on them, even though it's been proven so effective times and times again that it generates billions of dollars of revenue for advertisement companies.
Hardly anybody sees an ad and then instantly purchases the product, that's not how it's supposed to work either.

Websites can serve whatever content they like to me. I can block that content if I like. They can block me for blocking them if they like. I can block their blocking scripts, etc.

There's no ethical issue here. They can do whatever they want. I can do whatever I want.

My browsing experience has been infinitely better since using an adblocker, and I will continue using it for the foreseeable future.

uBlock is a blacklist approach though, which means new ads and trackers can always slip through until they're added to the list. You need uMatrix to block everything by default, so that you can then whitelist the acceptable parts.

>install a VM just to browse the internet
Yeah no thanks

I wouldn’t mind a few non invasive ads, but the assholes who do that javascript shit that makes 3 full screen browser windows open when I click a text field ruined it for everyone.

meanwhile the recent malvertising news on apple
malicious advertisers need to eat too! good for them

>let me continue serving malware. It’s your fault for not using a VM.
I think the trumpet containment board is leaking.

That sounds horrible.

Agreed. Using uBlock on its own is horrible. You gotta have both.

>ads are ruining the internet
Ftfy

If sites ran ads server side and just served them with their regular content then they'd be a bit harder to block.
But then their servers would be vulnerable to malware instead of users, and you can't have that!

umatrix blocks this sort of shit too.